No announcement yet.

Various Translations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little bit on Wesker from the BIOUC Art of Arts book.

He plotted to establish a position in return for providing information to an opposing company, should the opportunity arise. It was the Mansion Incident. He guided the officers into the biohazard-struck Arklay Laboratory and, taking advantage of the chaos, planned to provide human combat data and what's more, even the Tyrant. Wesker had heard information about revival from William beforehand and injected himself with a virus, allowing the Tyrant to attack him on that occassion. Although his desperate human experiment was successful, his access to data was blocked by Sergei and the Tyrant vanished at the hands of Chris and Jill. He was completely broken away from Umbrella, and his plan had ended in failure.

Immediately after joining the opposing company, Wesker put his next scenario into action. To take the virus William developed. At the time, it hit a snag due to Umbrella's intervention, but a ray of light was brought at the hands of a female spy of the company. They successfully recovered a tissue fragment. Thus, this led Wesker to increase his power within the new world.

Raccoon City was destroyed and Umbrella was soon met with collapse. Seizing clues on a revival, Wesker obtained secret data, and the opposing company's rise put an end to Umbrella.

Even after overthrowing Spencer, his terrifying scenario continues.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Welsh pointed this out, but in the event path in BIO1 where Wesker is found lying on the ground in the power room, there is a very, very big difference in the examine text...

ENG: "What a miserable way to die."
      JPN: "He's unconscious."

So yeah, Wesker was never 100% certain to be dead in BIO1, just as Mikami stated in an interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        Welsh pointed this out, but in the event path in BIO1 where Wesker is found lying on the ground in the power room, there is a very, very big difference in the examine text...

ENG: "What a miserable way to die."
        JPN: "He's unconscious."

So yeah, Wesker was never 100% certain to be dead in BIO1, just as Mikami stated in an interview.
        I don't doubt the discovery of said text... but isn't that pushing it a bit far?

I mean, the guy (Wesker) was nearly ripped in-half and thrown to the floor like a piece of trash, where he proceeded to bleed out.
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
          I don't doubt the discovery of said text... but isn't that pushing it a bit far?

I mean, the guy (Wesker) was nearly ripped in-half and thrown to the floor like a piece of trash, where he proceeded to bleed out.
          In BIO1, if you save Barry, he is never impaled. Barry knocks him out outside the Tyrant's room. When you exit, he's no longer there, but you can find him unconscious again in the power room.

Comment

• Wasn't Wesker decapitated in the power room? Or am I thinking of something else..

Comment

• Probably something else. He's just on the ground. Don't recall any missing heads... but that would be hilarious in combination with the Japanese text.

Comment

• Reminds me of a certain TV show, whose head is probably still alive
                Last edited by Scream; 12-04-2013, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot
                  In BIO1, if you save Barry, he is never impaled. Barry knocks him out outside the Tyrant's room. When you exit, he's no longer there, but you can find him unconscious again in the power room.
                  Well, in the power room you can see Wesker lying in a pool of blood and a chimera very next to him. I swear he seems more dead than Nelson Mandela and Paul Walker at that point.

Comment

• Updated The Wicked North Sea with the in-progress translation. Substantial progress has been made since this revision. Just bear in mind that it's a rough first-pass translation and will sound pretty bad in parts.

Comment

• Jill Valentine's case report from the BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE Survivor File.

Arklay Mountains Biohazard Case Summary Report
                      August 8, 1998

The Beginning
                      Early July 1998. Unnaturally murdered bodies seemingly eaten by someone were discovered in the Arklay Mountains, the outskirts of Raccoon City in the American Midwest.

Circumstances (1)
                      Same Year, July 23. An investigation is started with S.T.A.R.S. by the Raccoon Police Department, taking the situation seriously. S.T.A.R.S. B (Bravo) Team is dispatched but communication is cut-off.

Circumstances (2)
                      Same Year, July 24. A (Alpha) Team begins dispatch to search for B Team and we investigated the vicinity for some time, but evacuated to a nearby mansion because we encountered monster dogs.

Investigation Report (1)
                      As a result of our investigation in the mansion, the mansion was proven to be a den of Zombies. Other than them, we encountered a large number of traps as well as animals and plants believed to have rearranged genetic information. In addition, we confirmed the deaths of B Team officers.

Investigation Report (2)
                      After my investigation I independently discovered a research facility hidden deep underground. The mansion was a biological weapon laboratory constructed secretly by the global pharmaceutical company, Umbrella. Chris Redfield also confirmed this.

Regarding Zombies
                      Zombies were researchers infected due to the leak of a virus, the "T-Virus", used to create biological weapons. (I submitted a researcher's diary. Please refer to it.)

Background of Case Handling
                      Chris Redfield and I blew up the facility to prevent the virus spreading to the town.

Summary
                      I believe the destruction of the facility was the optimal method of disposal in that extreme situation. However, Chris Redfield and I have concluded that we'll wait at least 60 days to pass from the time of the virus leak at the site. Therefore we can't help but say that the possibility of the virus leaking into Raccoon City is very high. We will re-investigate the case immediately and think we must urgently appeal to the citizens for caution through the mass media.

Jill Valentine

Comment

• That case report seems to confirm that the intended bio hazardous leak was caused by the Mansion Incident accident, rather than the T-virus leakage in the sewers and subsequent spread by the rats and cockroaches or by the increased levels of toxins at the Dead Factory. If I remember correctly, this was also explicitly stated in 1.5's prologue; the STARs surviving members were sent to the RPD's infirmary and then sent to the National Hospital to treat their wounds (were they infected by the T-virus?) and the virus was already spreading through out the city. The biggest change I can recall is that it was considered a dermatitis - meaning that the virus could be spread by contact instead of bodily fluids. Technically, if we go by Wesker's Report II and consider the allusion to the Ebola virus (despite the T-virus and Ebola virus being two different virus) this makes sense as the Ebola virus is spread by bodily fluids (and in contrast with the T-virus - the only known "cure" for it is the use of antibodies of infected patients) and there is a genetic resistance to it (which is also true for the T-virus in the series if I'm not mistaken).

Is the BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE Survivor File also that document that contains the tale of Nemesis' creation and escape from one of Umbrella's facilities? I recall reading that about 10 years ago and the BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE Official Guidebook does seem to confirm a part of that story - that one of the Nemesis' gained a self of sense and empathy and tried to rescue its former companions only to be disposed of Umbrella and force them to make changes before deploying and testing it.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                        BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Raccoon City's leak was caused by several sources. The virus leaking from the mansion was just one (even in 1.5).

Ebola is mentioned because Ebola's genes were used to strengthen the t-Virus. Filoviruses (Ebola and Marburg) possess two genes in particular (VP24 and VP35) which are able to evade the immune system, allowing the virus to spread faster without also killing the host immediately; giving it Ebola's 90% effectiveness rate.

VP24 (membrane-associated protein) prevents the establishment of cellular antiviral state by blocking IFN-α/β and IFN-γ signaling pathways by inhibiting the IFN-induced nuclear accumulation of host tyrosine-phosphorylated STAT1 through interaction with the STAT1-binding region of the host KPNA1 (karyopherin alpha 1/importin alpha 5) protein, inhibiting the latter. Without the activity of this protein, activated STAT1 is unable to enter the cell nucleus and cannot activate IFN-induced genes.

VP35 (polymerase complex protein) acts as a polymerase cofactor in the RNA polymerase transcription and replication complex and prevents establishment of a cellular antiviral state through interaction with the double-stranded RNA-binding protein PACT, which functions as a cellular activator of RIG-I (retinoic acid-inducible gene 1) to facilitate innate antiviral response, thereby blocking virus-induced phosphorylation and activation of interferon regulatory factor 3 (IRF3), a transcription factor critical for the induction of interferon's alpha and beta (IFN-α/β). This inhibits the antiviral state mediated by the double-stranded RNA-activated protein kinase EIF2AK2/PKR.
                          Dermatitis is just another translation of "skin disease." The virus was misidentified by regular people as a skin disease due to the itching symptom. The Survivor File does have an abridged story of Nemesis-T's creation but it mentions nothing about them escaping. That is only from the Complete Conquest of Nemesis guide. The Nemesis-T also didn't gain empathy and attempt to rescue its companions. Several just happened to try and escape at the same time.
                          Last edited by News Bot; 05-06-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                            The Survivor File does have an abridged story of Nemesis-T's creation but it mentions nothing about them escaping. That is only from the Complete Conquest of Nemesis guide. The Nemesis-T also didn't gain empathy and attempt to rescue its companions. Several just happened to try and escape at the same time.
                            Yes, the Complete Conquest of Nemesis does not mention that storyline but I get the sense that it might imply it. I'm not sure where that small story of Nemesis' came from (I read it too long ago) but either it borrowed the ideas from Complete Conquest of Nemesis or it was written by someone on the developing team or based off some notes and published somewhere. I wish my HD hadn't burned out.. Maybe you remember what I'm talking about. I don't recall if it was ever considered canon or not.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                            BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the "Nemesis Report" that came from a Chinese guidebook. It was a little more detailed than the Japanese guides because it consolidated a collective of information and then made up the rest.

Comment

• Doesn't Chris have a case report as well, dated the same?
                                "I've got 100 cows."
                                "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Working...
                                X