Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DarkMemories View Post
    I really think you guys are setting yourselves up for a fall, just like with RE5. IMO, cautious optimism is preferable to jumping on the hype train at this point.
    Agreed. I just don't see enough to make up for the recent disappointments. Hope like hell it's unwarranted, but I just won't get excited about this game until someone I actually give a shit about tells me it's good.

Comment

• Made by a completely different team, available footage already great, superior enemy design, no weapon purchasing, superior camera, better atmosphere, better locations... nah, safe to say I'm not disappointed. It could have less and I still wouldn't be disappointed, I wasn't expecting most of the stuff that has been recently announced.

Yeah, total BH5 clone. As for the action focus, action has always been a major component of the series. The only difference lately with the series is that certain elements (lack of ammo, exploration, atmosphere) have been missing. While they may not totally be back for BH6, they are far better than in BH5. And that's just judging from what we've seen so far. And that is good enough for me.
      Last edited by News Bot; 06-07-2012, 01:32 PM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
        That.... That means the merchant is still out of a job....

Click image for larger version

Name:	sadmerchant.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	401341
        Got a lot of good things on sale stranger....... Stranger......
        Last edited by Smiley; 06-07-2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vito View Post
          It is... Unless upgrading your character magically gives you a new gun. Now we have to find our own weapons.
          You found weapons in RE4, RE5, and REV as well. That's not new, never has been. And it is basically the same, considering one of the skills is "firepower" and I'm pretty sure I heard them mention "firing rate" as well. Wonder where we've had those options before. About the only real spin is transforming RE4's Yellow Herbs into a "vitality" upgrade.
          A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

You found weapons in RE4, RE5, and REV as well. That's not new, never has been. And it is basically the same, considering one of the skills is "firepower" and I'm pretty sure I heard them mention "firing rate" as well. Wonder where we've had those options before. About the only real spin is transforming RE4's Yellow Herbs into a "vitality" upgrade.
            Vito and I are rejoicing about the fact that you simply can't buy weapons and are forced to find them. This was the case in REV, which was great for that reason.
            Last edited by News Bot; 06-07-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• It is definitively a preference over the magic Gun Shop Screen or the Merchant, despite his awesome. Although I always kinda wanted him to return again...just to fuck with folks.

Comment

• I'm also glad the HUD can be toggled off and on.

Comment

• Needs proper laser sight to aim...those cross hairs are pissing me off.

Comment

You can only find 3 weapons in all of RE4, you need that stupid Merchant if you don't want to suffer, trust me I know (I did a run without that clown).... RE5 is different, you can find over 80% of the weapons found in the shop. Revelations was somewhat the same as RE4 (You get like half the weapons by doing missions, as far as I recall).

I'm not denying you can't upgrade in RE6 but I'm happy as fuck I have to look for them now. It was my main gripe in RE4/RE5, I didn't cared about upgrading weapons.
                    Last edited by Vito; 06-07-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Since it's going to be A LOT like Resident Evil 5, I know for sure I won't be disappointed, since I love RE5. It's good resting assured.
                      Last edited by ElusionM; 06-07-2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Here's hoping that the cross-hairs are optional too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                          Needs proper laser sight to aim...those cross hairs are pissing me off.
                          I am pretty sure there is a selection. You can have laser sight, crosshairs, or both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
                            Needs proper laser sight to aim...those cross hairs are pissing me off.
                            Laser sights aren't de-confirmed. In fact, we had that one shot where Chris was using a rifle with full laser beam, as opposed to the laser dots and crosshairs shown over E3.

Comment

• It definitely looks like they took their time to let the player customize their own playing experience as much as possible. I'm really impressed thus far.

Comment

• Still very much sold on this, even though some of my filthy friends are not

Comment

Working...
                                X