No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The character is labelled as "secret" which to me implies a new character we've yet to see before.

Comment

• Eye color and ear and face's shape... Holy shit, people look too much into stuff. They are only seeing these things because that's what they want.

Comment

• Actually it was kinda stuff that everyone did with tube lady and Jill, and look how that turned out.
        http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
        http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
        Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
          Well, I don't especially care about fixed camera angles and tank controls. I find Dead Space terrifying, and think Capcom has the capacity to match that? Will they in RE6? Honestly, I doubt it. Nothing I've seen has suggested too much has changed from RE4 and RE5 - Leon's section is apparently the horror section and involves that ridiculous 'sliiiiide' move.

Could they do it? Sure. I ask for three things, Capcom.

1 - Horror. Bone chilling build up and suspense. Not being attacked in every room is far more effective than wave after wave of enemies. But even then, with games like Dead Space (which you may or may not find scary, but is certainly more horrifying than RE5 and RE4) you can do it by including well timed waves. You never get away from combat for more than a couple of minutes in that, but at the same time I was never a hundred percent sure I was gonna die horribly in the next room. Equally, decent enemies are important. Zombies are scary because they're dangerous - Ganados should be fucking terrifying, since it's essentially a zombie with a brain, but they're just dumb worker ants swarming a killer ninja/tank.

Give me some scary enemies, Capcom. Go on. No chainsaws.

2 - Exploration. I find just shooting everything that moves boring. At least give me some choice in the order I kill them in, Capcom. I'm a big boy. I can handle not being led by the hand from area to area. I promise I won't get lost

3 - Puzzles. There was a tiny bit in the more recent games, but not much. Unless you count working out how to apply death to each enemy. I know it means that people can't just turn off brain and shoot stuff, Capcom. If you can't bring yourself to make them stop for five minutes and engage brain then make it for side puzzles, extra areas and additional items. But make it so I need an IQ above 85 to actually play the game, please.

I don't feel any of this is unreasonable. I am still worried; I don't especially like the possible non-infected humans entirely because I can pay a hundred other games to mow down mooks with guns, and Resident Evil seems to be slowly diluting itself to get more casual gamer cash...which is fine, in it's way, and Capcom's gotta think about the bottom line, but if you take away everything that makes it Resident Evil and in the next game have Chris and Jill fighting terrorist to stop them even releasing the bio-weapon, then there's not much point in calling it Resident Evil any more. It makes sense, and so long as it's a short section (and they're smarter than Majini) then it should work.

Although I do wish Capcom has been smart enough to not have Chris murdering a whole new ethnic group...do they not learn?
          I can tell you off hand that everything I've heard about Revelations point to you getting Exploration at least. With RE6 you've got "Dramatic Horror" so I'll leave that for you to decipher. I'm grabbing a beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley View Post
            The character is labelled as "secret" which to me implies a new character we've yet to see before.
            Chris was a "secret" until the E3 2007 trailer for Resident Evil 5 was released. Up until then, no one would say for certain who the man in the 2005 cg trailer was. That's why there was so much rampant speculation that he was Billy, Carlos, or Bruce.

Comment

• Was he labelled as a secret character? I just remember a lot of people already confirming him to be Chris until the next trailer had his name put up like they did with Leon in one of his RE4 trailers back in the day. Speculating those other candidates was pretty silly though. Distinguishing features like ethnicity or tattoos kind of debunk such theories.

Comment

Was he labelled as a secret character? I just remember a lot of people already confirming him to be Chris until the next trailer had his name put up like they did with Leon in one of his RE4 trailers back in the day. Speculating those other candidates was pretty silly though. Distinguishing features like ethnicity or tattoos kind of debunk such theories.
                At the time people explained "Billy's" lack of tattoo saying he was running from the law so he had it removed.

Comment

• Which seems elaborate for him to save up and get the work done as opposed to hiding out and wearing long sleeves. But that's just kind of what I'm getting at. People will go to great detail to show that any character model could be any past character. Provide their own theorized reasons for why they look the way they do. Sometimes the answers are the most simplest of explanations.

And at the end of the day if you have trouble recognizing a returning character then they failed in their re-design of them. Distinguishing features should be made apparent in some way.

Anyway just wait and see. But I'm confident in that these ties to "Steve" and the like will be met with disappointing results. And if I'm wrong then I'll gladly praise the people who called it.
                  Last edited by Smiley; 01-26-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                    Well, I don't especially care about fixed camera angles and tank controls. I find Dead Space terrifying, and think Capcom has the capacity to match that? Will they in RE6? Honestly, I doubt it. Nothing I've seen has suggested too much has changed from RE4 and RE5 - Leon's section is apparently the horror section and involves that ridiculous 'sliiiiide' move.

Could they do it? Sure. I ask for three things, Capcom.

1 - Horror. Bone chilling build up and suspense. Not being attacked in every room is far more effective than wave after wave of enemies. But even then, with games like Dead Space (which you may or may not find scary, but is certainly more horrifying than RE5 and RE4) you can do it by including well timed waves. You never get away from combat for more than a couple of minutes in that, but at the same time I was never a hundred percent sure I was gonna die horribly in the next room. Equally, decent enemies are important. Zombies are scary because they're dangerous - Ganados should be fucking terrifying, since it's essentially a zombie with a brain, but they're just dumb worker ants swarming a killer ninja/tank.

Give me some scary enemies, Capcom. Go on. No chainsaws.

2 - Exploration. I find just shooting everything that moves boring. At least give me some choice in the order I kill them in, Capcom. I'm a big boy. I can handle not being led by the hand from area to area. I promise I won't get lost

3 - Puzzles. There was a tiny bit in the more recent games, but not much. Unless you count working out how to apply death to each enemy. I know it means that people can't just turn off brain and shoot stuff, Capcom. If you can't bring yourself to make them stop for five minutes and engage brain then make it for side puzzles, extra areas and additional items. But make it so I need an IQ above 85 to actually play the game, please.

I don't feel any of this is unreasonable. I am still worried; I don't especially like the possible non-infected humans entirely because I can pay a hundred other games to mow down mooks with guns, and Resident Evil seems to be slowly diluting itself to get more casual gamer cash...which is fine, in it's way, and Capcom's gotta think about the bottom line, but if you take away everything that makes it Resident Evil and in the next game have Chris and Jill fighting terrorist to stop them even releasing the bio-weapon, then there's not much point in calling it Resident Evil any more. It makes sense, and so long as it's a short section (and they're smarter than Majini) then it should work.

Although I do wish Capcom has been smart enough to not have Chris murdering a whole new ethnic group...do they not learn?

I actually think the slide move could work pretty well. its not so overly ridiculous that it will bother me but it is slightly worrying that it will make the game a bit too easy at times, just like how you can dodge most of Nemmesis's attacks in RE3. I wonder if you can do it anytime with a button combination or if it will be a reaction type deal where a prompter comes up in your screen and tells you to "press x now (which would be a dissapointment if you ask me).

Also its always amazed me how a crazed chainsaw wielding enemy held no fear factor at all in RE4 or RE5. I mean leatherface from the texas chainsaw massacre is absolutely terrifying and i think capcom had a great opportunity to make a terrifying enemy with this but they some how managed to fail.

I agree with you about the lack of exploration and puzzles though. I realise that Re has never been an open world game but it was never as linear as RE5. The most open enviroment i remember from RE5 was the little market place in the beginning of the game where you face the Executioner.
                    RE4 was a little better with this in the village part of the game as the maps were quite large and provided some exploration. However all of that falls to shit in the later stages of the game which was a huge shame. Now as for puzzles, like you said RE5 and 4 did have some basic puzzles but nothing along the lines of the water sample puzzle which was possibly the hardest puzzle ive ever seen in a game (in my honest opinion anyway) and, while frustating as hell provided a real sense of achievement once figured out.
                    Seeing chris fighting what appears (i have no idea if this has been confirmed yet? if anyone could help me out on that) to be uninfected people doesnt bother me too much however as i does make sense really that the terrorist organisationt that released (again pure specualtion) the virus in china would have its fair share of lackys. Like every one else though im hoping that these guys are kept to a minimum. besides it seems like some of these armed people may be infected after all.

EDIT

Originally posted by Vector View Post
                    You can only experience so many 'accidents' or 'testing zones' that have been affected by viruses before it gets stale and repetitive. Even Tall Oaks looks like a re-tread of Raccoon City -- a city that's been infected and is now overrun with zombies. Been there, done that. Introducing human enemies was inevitable. You can cry about it not being 'horror' enough for you, but the whole idea behind Umbrella and the series as a whole is bio-organic weaponry used for military purposes. Terrorism. That's what Chris's segment is about.

People bitched and bitched about wanting zombies, and RE6 is bringing them back, and now people are finding new things to bitch and bitch and BITCH about. I don't envy Capcom, trying to please everybody...because it's impossible.
                    People bitched and bitched about wanting zombies, and RE6 is bringing them back, and now people are finding new things to bitch and bitch and BITCH about. I don't envy Capcom, trying to please everybody...because it's impossible.

I completely agree with this.
                    Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 01-26-2012, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Was he labelled as a secret character? I just remember a lot of people already confirming him to be Chris until the next trailer had his name put up like they did with Leon in one of his RE4 trailers back in the day.
                      Whenever asked about who the character in the trailer was, Takeuchi would reply with "We're not ready to reveal who the character is yet" or something similar.

I think the closest thing to an answer he gave before the 2007 trailer was something along the lines of "When you look at the staff working on this game, and many of us worked on RE1, you might be able to figure out who the character is."
                      Last edited by Archelon; 01-26-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Is anyone complaining about the addition of zombies? Or does it fall more in line with the fact that the the zombies in question appear to be acting like the majini and ganados. I mean I saw some carry and throw pipes. That reminded me of ganado more than zombies.

Comment

Is anyone complaining about the addition of zombies? Or does it fall more in line with the fact that the the zombies in question appear to be acting like the majini and ganados. I mean I saw some carry and throw pipes. That reminded me of ganado more than zombies.
                          They can also jump.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Is anyone complaining about the addition of zombies? Or does it fall more in line with the fact that the the zombies in question appear to be acting like the majini and ganados. I mean I saw some carry and throw pipes. That reminded me of ganado more than zombies.
                            The zombies in Dead Island attack with knifes and pipes....and if I remember correctly the zombies in George A. Romero's Land of the dead used weapons as well. I think zombies in general have come a long way from just being classic mindless slowpokes.
                            Last edited by CODE_umb87; 01-26-2012, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• Hey, that's fine and all. If it's established in RE as a natural progression I'm sure most people won't care as much. We did have Crimson Heads after all to show fast moving infected. The idea however that they perform stuff ganados and other established enemies have done sparks another train of thought though.

Comment

• If they were just tradicional slow zombies it would became a headshot fest for Leon. They are zombies created by new kind of T-virus or something like that.
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X