No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Mercs gameplay, shows off gun-wielding zombies (love the way it's done), but dear god Leon looks and sounds shit-faced when he does his taunt.

Comment

• This cop zombies with the machine guns are awesome the way they fire some rounds and then just throw the gun at Leon like good dumb zombies. I'm also loving the new crimson heads design

Comment

• That's my hand. I had just finished masturbating.
        See you in hell.

Comment

• After playing through nearly the first half of Resident Evil 6, I'm disparaged to say that the game has not gotten any better. But, at least now I know exactly why the game is so flawed.

His first complaint is a bit trite. The aiming (particularly with the crosshairs) moves because of recoil and you have to line them up. I've had no such problem with the laser sight. His complaint about the story is really just a give-or-take. Those who liked the stories in previous games will most likely enjoy the story in BH6. Those who have never liked the stories and revel more in the series' past awful localization won't like the story in BH6. Simple as that, really. Why people come up with "takes itself too seriously" when it has always taken itself seriously is beyond me. The series has never been tongue-in-cheek (save for maybe a few pieces of self-reference dialogue) and the "amusing" aspects weren't done intentionally.

The camera and arena complaints are worrying, though. Not worried about the controls, I personally find them fine and probably the best in the series so far, though they feel a bit clunky in conjunction with the camera. However, I expect that decreasing the camera's movement speed will help most complaints with it. Mine would be that it just moves around too fucking much. They should have just locked it to behind the character like previous games.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• When someone says the overall plot of Resident Evil is stupid and the series has always failed to tell a good story then that is enough for me not to take that person's opinions with any merit. Of course there are dodgy moments throughout, but the overall mythology of the series is very engaging if you make the effort to get into it and a lot deeper than people give it credit for.

I agree that the series has always taken itself seriously and the humour present is not intentional but we should all be used to that by now. If the story was intentionally more tongue in cheek then I for one certainly wouldn't be as interested. So personally I am thrilled that RE6 takes itself way too seriously.

I am with NB in that I don't like the comments about 'arena' gameplay as that is not what this series is about. We've already seen plenty of it with te snow cabin, outside the cathedral and the gun shop to name a few. I personally cannot stand it when you cannot progress out of an area until all enemies in said area have been wiped out. It's what put me off games like Gears of War and Killzone. Once or twice is tolerable, but not the majority I the game and I hope RE6 is not overloaded with it. The same goes for the quick time events. I don't want them every five minutes.
            "I've got 100 cows."
            "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• I don't think half of these previewers even look in the options and most peoples excuse when someone points that out is "Well they should have been default" which is complete bullshit considering it's options.

Just wait guys, we will see reviews complaining about the waypoint marker which can easily be turned off.

Comment

• Simply put, it feels more Call of Duty than Resident Evil.
                Sounds like he's pandering to the common opinion of disillusioned masses. It's like saying "I dislike paedophiles" or "The sky is blue". No-one's going to disagree with you. I never liked Andrew Yoon.
                See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                  I personally cannot stand it when you cannot progress out of an area until all enemies in said area have been wiped out. It's what put me off games like Gears of War and Killzone. Once or twice is tolerable, but not the majority I the game and I hope RE6 is not overloaded with it. The same goes for the quick time events. I don't want them every five minutes.
                  i remember ORC is all about this. remember the elevator/platform suddenly stops and does not reactivate until you kill all the lickers?
                  but is curious, in the beloved RE2 the final elevator in A only arrives after you kill the birkin.

but with the technologies now they can spawn dozens of enemies who will kill you if you're not good enough to progress, with a good engine this can be a lot of fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                    When someone says the overall plot of Resident Evil is stupid and the series has always failed to tell a good story then that is enough for me not to take that person's opinions with any merit. Of course there are dodgy moments throughout, but the overall mythology of the series is very engaging if you make the effort to get into it and a lot deeper than people give it credit for.
                    My words exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
                      About the hand...

Spoiler:
                      Oh guys NO ! This is funny ....

it's Debra .... didn't ya guys see the Gamecom trailer ? it's Debra slipping of her sister's hand...
                      Last edited by Mrox2; 09-12-2012, 09:43 AM.
                      Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                      ^ Lol ...

Comment

• I can't really see them putting...

Spoiler:
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                          i remember ORC is all about this. remember the elevator/platform suddenly stops and does not reactivate until you kill all the lickers?
                          but is curious, in the beloved RE2 the final elevator in A only arrives after you kill the birkin.

but with the technologies now they can spawn dozens of enemies who will kill you if you're not good enough to progress, with a good engine this can be a lot of fun.
                          Through most of ORC you can run through entire sections of the levels and not kill enemies, provided you can stay alive which depending what mix of class/difficulty is not easy, aren't many parts that force you to kill enemies to progress.
                          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• Shacknews: "Leon's campaign looks like Resident Evil, but it doesn't feel like Resident Evil".

Well can this guy explain to me why leon's street section gave me the biggest nostalgic attack in my life? I have seen very little arena gameplay from Leon and those ones I have seen make complete sense to the tension of the situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                              That hand clearly belongs to Steve.
                              First post on THIA that has made me laugh in a long, long time.

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                              When someone says the overall plot of Resident Evil is stupid and the series has always failed to tell a good story then that is enough for me not to take that person's opinions with any merit. Of course there are dodgy moments throughout, but the overall mythology of the series is very engaging if you make the effort to get into it and a lot deeper than people give it credit for.

I agree that the series has always taken itself seriously and the humour present is not intentional but we should all be used to that by now. If the story was intentionally more tongue in cheek then I for one certainly wouldn't be as interested. So personally I am thrilled that RE6 takes itself way too seriously.
                              Very well put, and I definitely agree.

Comment

• To settle this hand debate once and for all, skip to 2:48 in the Gamescom trailer:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X