No announcement yet.

Project Umbrella Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best podcast ever! Loved it you guys. I am really sorry that I didnt get my call in done this was the only game I really wanted to talk about and I fucking missed it! I agree with everything you guys said no complaints or disagreements here. It is by far my most favorite game ever. In the words of Vito its truly a MASTERPIECE. By the way that was the calmest I have ever heard Vito did you take like a whole bunch of Valium?

This game was indeed perfect oh the only disagreement I have with you guys is how you said maybe the controls are abit outdated, I think they are perfect for this type of game. If you had the RE5 controls this would be alot less scary and tense. Alot of the tension is due to the fact that your character moves slow and you have to be spot on to avoid being attacked. If it was RE5 you could be dodging everything and it would make the game piss easy.

The amount of mysterys in this game is the best part about it. It reminds me of the movie 'The Thing' there are so many discussions you can try and solve. One that really bugs me is the room next to where you meet the first zombie. There is a dead zombie laid up against the wall and blood spread above him an open window and in the very next room is another zombie laid out. I believe that someone from the Alpha or Bravo team entered the mansion through this window and shot the two zombies.

This podcast was so epic that I have Resident Evil Remake in my mind now. Like Vito I want to play this game right now. It also has me thinking that RE6 is a total pile of shit compared to this game and its kind of depressing. If they ever invent a memorey whipping device then I want my memorey of RE Remake removed so I can play this shit for the first time again!

Edit: No HD ports for this game is almost like a crime. They port everything we got RE shitty 4 about a million times and we have Remake twice for practically the same damn console. Port this game to HD Capcom.
    Last edited by CrimsonElder; 08-25-2012, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• I haven't listened back to the podcast, I can't stand my own voice and I'm sure I said something stupid - I know I talked over Neptune a hell of a lot. But it was a really engaging title to talk about, even after we finished my mind popped across several other things I forgot about (like the opening with the zombie blatantly stolen from Dawn of the Dead, and the other smaller hidden details). I kinda mangled the discussion on it a bit, but I really was a little disapointed at the time - and probably still now in retrospect - that there just wasn't as much tie into Zero as they could have done. Like with Richard they could have said he split up from Ed Dewey in the forrest, just to drop in a reference to his dissapearing or things like that, or some notes in the mansion or lab that had to do with Marcus or the training facility - just like the n64 RE2 files.

Everything else though is a solid game. I know I gave the combo breaker score but it's only because nostelgic concept had made the game so epic and then playing it these days in a maximum 480p in 4:3 doesn't cut it. The game is so awesome it deserves a proper HD release just to prove that old school RE can be good, and scary, and well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
        I haven't listened back to the podcast, I can't stand my own voice and I'm sure I said something stupid - I know I talked over Neptune a hell of a lot. But it was a really engaging title to talk about, even after we finished my mind popped across several other things I forgot about (like the opening with the zombie blatantly stolen from Dawn of the Dead, and the other smaller hidden details). I kinda mangled the discussion on it a bit, but I really was a little disapointed at the time - and probably still now in retrospect - that there just wasn't as much tie into Zero as they could have done. Like with Richard they could have said he split up from Ed Dewey in the forrest, just to drop in a reference to his dissapearing or things like that, or some notes in the mansion or lab that had to do with Marcus or the training facility - just like the n64 RE2 files.

Everything else though is a solid game. I know I gave the combo breaker score but it's only because nostelgic concept had made the game so epic and then playing it these days in a maximum 480p in 4:3 doesn't cut it. The game is so awesome it deserves a proper HD release just to prove that old school RE can be good, and scary, and well done.
        I dunno about mentioning Zero I think it would have to be something almost cryptic like after a few playthroughs you think oh ok so thats to do with Zero. If Zero was actually worth a damn then I would be a little more up for it but to be honest I really dont care for Zero much and I kind of like to make up my own little story. I think thats where all the fun is sometimes. Thats whats great about this game it will always keep you thinking and guessing to many answers and you'd say ok thats that done put it down and never pick it up again. Mystery is more intriguing.

I know its a real bummer about there not being a HD release. Like mentioned on the cast though it will probably take alot of work like going back to the basics and redoing alot of things. I think the way Capcom see it is we might as well just make a whole new game for the hardcores and thats how Revelations came to light. It is almost like they are ashamed of their hardcore survival horror fans and try and hide us from the public by releasing our game on a handheld console. Dont let those COD fans know about us we might scare them away!
        Last edited by CrimsonElder; 08-25-2012, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Yeah but that's looking at it with hindsight. We didn't know what Zero was going to be entirely before it released, it could have been amazing for all we knew. It just seems odd that two projects worked on at the same time basically seem quite seperated even though they're clearly using the same engine and style. I just think finding the little things to link two games together, and hell this applies to any franchise, is always a nice touch when they can do it.

I can't see Capcom really returning to past days anymore, and they're basically running out of anything else to cash in on a HD edition easily. Remake and Zero are both do-able but would require effort to go in and redo the background animation loops and grabs from the 3d data in HD. Other than that Revelations still pushes towards the more actiony route the more you look at it overall. I would be fine with more of that, but me thinks it's appeal is limited from a Capcom viewpoint.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonElder View Post
            By the way that was the calmest I have ever heard Vito did you take like a whole bunch of Valium?
            I'm usually like that.

It's when I get really pissed off that I behave like my previous recordings. I mean really pissed off.

Comment

• CE- nice point about the window, I never thought about that before but sounds like a good shout.

R- You don't talk over Neptune any more, the wonders of the edit! Also we missed discussing Wesker's Report 2 which I had wanted to do but forgot at the time.
              "I've got 100 cows."
              "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Yeah like I said on PU one of the best podcasts of the lot, and a great celebration of a true masterpiece. Hard to think it's 10 years ago now.
                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                  R- You don't talk over Neptune any more, the wonders of the edit! Also we missed discussing Wesker's Report 2 which I had wanted to do but forgot at the time.
                  Glad to hear. I tended to pause a bit after saying sorry so I guess it allowed edit points. Sorry if it gave you more work. I listened to the start of the cast now just so I could hear the intro, but I stopped before I heard anything more. :p

I guess you can always discuss Wesker's Report 2 with something else, maybe Zero seeing as it's kinda still relevant to the bridge of the two titles. It didn't occur to me at the time. I've thought of a few other things at random as well I didn't mention but nothing really overly worthwhile that wasn't said.

Comment

• Yeah I forgot to mention that I dont recall you cutting off Neptune at all. Maybe when you guys have covered all the games you can go back and make a Remake part 2 discussion, because Mr Spencer missed it, I didnt make the call in, Batman forgot to memtion Weskers Report and I am sure there are other things to discuss about this game.

Rombie I realised earlier that the Umbrella Chronicles kind of fills in the blanks for the jump from Zero to Remake. You guys kind of forgot to mention that to. I realise it does the game no justice what so ever but it does give you an idea of what Capcom think happened. The reason Rebecca wasnt the same person from Zero? Sure she was abit more timid but she had been through a hell of alot in the past 48 hours, she was probably out of or very low on ammo and to be fair when she does show up to the Tyrant fight she fights with the rest. Just because we dont play as her doesnt mean she didnt go around the mansion killing a few zombies.

Its no suprise we didnt hear from here again. After Zero then Remake then Racoon City going to shit, if she wasnt out of town already by then I wouldnt be suprised if she killed herself. She was what 18 and went through all of this. Some people might take it on the chin but she was a sweet innocent girl.

EDIT:Shit! As I was making some notes during a playthrough I got to the back entrance to the mansion and went to turn the blind corner where there is usually a zombie and something darted out at me and made me jump and shout out oh shit!! Lol that was amazing. I haven’t had a jump out of my seat moment like that in a long time. Apparently I reloaded a save of the One Dangerous Zombie mode and didn’t realise It was Forest. I actually panicked and couldn’t think straight for a second I thought how the hell is a Crimson Head up and about already I haven’t even killed any zombies in this part. Man that was great shows how unpredictable this game is. Love it.
                    Last edited by CrimsonElder; 08-26-2012, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• I guess they'll leave discussion about that for Umbrella Chronicles as it's really a part of the point of tying the two games together in their connective game placement in UC.

ODZ mode sometimes frustrates. I do wish you could turn it off, it's one of the few things that needed to be changed. Because if you do forget, you can hear something when you first come through a door - not thinking about the fact it's a jingling grenade belt sound and kill yourself by blowing him up shooting outside of your screen.

We didn't even talk about the Director's Note or anything like that either, or the stuff that was showcased on the Biohazard website that either didn't make it in the game (like the lazer weapon) or the animated backgrounds that seemingly were of areas from scrapped versions of 4. There is just so much other stuff you could possibly discuss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                        I guess they'll leave discussion about that for Umbrella Chronicles as it's really a part of the point of tying the two games together in their connective game placement in UC.

ODZ mode sometimes frustrates. I do wish you could turn it off, it's one of the few things that needed to be changed. Because if you do forget, you can hear something when you first come through a door - not thinking about the fact it's a jingling grenade belt sound and kill yourself by blowing him up shooting outside of your screen.

We didn't even talk about the Director's Note or anything like that either, or the stuff that was showcased on the Biohazard website that either didn't make it in the game (like the lazer weapon) or the animated backgrounds that seemingly were of areas from scrapped versions of 4. There is just so much other stuff you could possibly discuss.
                        Whats this about the Directors Note? Also where are the scrapped things on PU?

So once you are on ODZ mode are you saying that you cant return to normal mode? That is very dissapointing if true. I dont want to play it on that mode again. I had a look and cant find a way to return to just a normal game without losing my previously unlocked weapons and costumes.

Comment

• Yeah I don't think you can get rid of him.
                          From memory you get to see the director's note by finishing invisible enemy mode
                          sigpic

Comment

• If you never want to deal with ODZ again, make two separate save files, one for Chris and one for Jill. But you can't do this over a save file that you've already beaten with both characters; you need to start new games.
                            Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                              If you never want to deal with ODZ again, make two separate save files, one for Chris and one for Jill. But you can't do this over a save file that you've already beaten with both characters; you need to start new games.
                              Yeah I just found out its to late now. Got to start all over again. Thats abit silly. Oh well guess its time to start from scratch again.

Comment

• Yeah, as mentioned the seperate save files will do that. Alternatively obviously if you don't care about using bonus unlocakables you can just start a new game from first boot up rather than loading a clear file. The save file system needed a marker to show number of clears and who with too. As it is only has different colors for different difficulty (red for hard, white for normal, green for easy). Oh and the bonus costumes... forgot about those, the T2 and The Mexican inspired duds. LOL Such a jam packed game.

Comment

Working...
                                X