Project Umbrella Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
    As it is only has different colors for different difficulty (red for hard, white for normal, green for easy).
    Don't forget blue for real survival and invisible enemy mode (I think they're both blue; not sure).
    Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

• I honestly couldn't remember that. I knew they were another color(s), but seeing as until a few weeks back I hadn't replayed the Remake in about 7 years, the fact I recalled the Easy/Normal/Hard colors alone was amazing enough :p

Comment

• Originally posted by Rombie View Post
        I honestly couldn't remember that. I knew they were another color(s), but seeing as until a few weeks back I hadn't replayed the Remake in about 7 years, the fact I recalled the Easy/Normal/Hard colors alone was amazing enough :p
        To be honest, the only reason I remembered about it is because I have a separate save file for that mode. Otherwise I definitely would have forgot!

Great podcast btw! Only about halfway through but you guys bring up some great points about the game!

Comment

• Now taking recordings for episodes 10 and 11. CVX and RE5. Send us your thoughts.
          "I've got 100 cows."
          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Trying to squeeze both eps out before RE6?

Comment

• Trying to yeah, haha. Whether it happens are not is another thing.
              Last edited by TheBatMan; 08-30-2012, 07:12 AM.
              "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

• Just got finished listening to the Remake episode, and I loved it! A few points of interest...

- I'm glad you guys mentioned how impractical and impossible the ceiling shotgun trap was when it came to the mansion's architecture. I've been complaining about its absurdity for years.
                - I never knew about an extra scene playing if you kill one of the small sharks while they're swimming around! I didn't even know you could kill the small sharks in the water. Also, I'm pretty sure the big Neptune can only kill you if you cross over the little bridge into the "center" of the ring, although I'm not certain.
                - As far as I recall, Chris cannot make V-Jolt. If he tries to, it says something like "Chris knows little about medicine, so there's no point in picking up the bottle." Only Rebecca can make it, whom you always play as after Chris enters the Plant 42 room and gets caught.

- What practical purpose would shark BOWs serve to Umbrella? Perhaps more importantly, how did they plan of getting them out of the aqua ring? Also, I'm assuming that there was an entrance to the ring that we didn't see, since having such a high-tech lab accessible only via a small hidden ladder behind bookcases in a random bedroom seems insane.
                - And what's with all the ladders, anyway? The aqua ring suffered from them, as did the labs in RE2 and in other games. These are supposed to be labs! I can see Umbrella's researchers now, fumbling up and down ladders with beakers and flasks filled with deadly viruses. If I could re-do all the locations in the early series, pretty much every ladder would be replaced by a staircase or elevator.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                  Now taking recordings for episodes 10 and 11. CVX and RE5. Send us your thoughts.
                  Do you know when you will be recording them so I have a time frame? Will you be doing both the same time? I definatley want to weigh in on RE5 because I have near 400 hours gameplay time so I will find it easy to talk about that. I'l try my best to record for CVX but I dont want to call in if I dont think I have anything worthy to record.

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                  - And what's with all the ladders, anyway? The aqua ring suffered from them, as did the labs in RE2 and in other games. These are supposed to be labs! I can see Umbrella's researchers now, fumbling up and down ladders with beakers and flasks filled with deadly viruses. If I could re-do all the locations in the early series, pretty much every ladder would be replaced by a staircase or elevator.
                  Lol this is a really good point I never thought of. Wasnt the aqua ring flooded? Thats what I always thought. Theres all equipment and electronics under the water.

Comment

• Great last podcast, but I think you are going to fast with the podcast covering particular games, at this rate you will have nothing to talk about in less than one year.

Comment

• It looks like we may postpone the CVX episode for now as we feel it's more relevant to cover RE5 and Damnation before 6 comes out.

5 because of its relevance to 6 and the debate that it arguably put the series on a downhill curve and that 6 may be a continuation of that rather than the earlier games. 5 seems to have split the PU staff and the community as a whole down the middle as to its contribution to the overall series so it should make for a good debate.
                      It also concludes the current storyline as we know it so it will be a good opportunity to lay out our final theories for what 6 will offer.

Damnation will be important because of its obvious prequel status to 6. I also feel it will be important to review and analyse the film before the game comes out so our judgement on the movie will not be influenced by what happens in 6.

RE5 episode will record on or around September 14th and Damnation will record around September 28th. Feel free to send in thoughts and questions for either.

Those that want to offer an opinion on CVX can do so and we will save it for that episode.

Once 6 comes out we will likely reduce the output to just one episode per month. We still have 0,3, 6, Degeneration, UC, Outbreak, File 2, CVX and Survivor to cover as well as a few specials so still plenty of content left for future episodes.
                      Last edited by TheBatMan; 08-31-2012, 07:10 AM.
                      "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

• I will gladly make a call in to defend RE5. I dont think its as bad as some people say on here.

Comment

• I haven't listened to the REmake podcast yet, so if this was already covered, I apologize, but one question I've always had about the architecture of the underground tunnels in both RE1 and REmake is how are you supposed to access that one tunnel whose wall that first boulder plows through? I don't recall there being a second door in the tunnel (unless it's blocked by the boulder), so it seems the only way to access that area would be to have the boulder smash through the wall. How did people get through there before Chris/Jill came along and activated the trap?

If there was a second door (it's been forever since I've played either the original or REmake), where did it lead exactly?

Comment

• I am happy to defend RE5.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                              I am happy to defend RE5.
                              Brother!!

Comment

• I am a firm Resident Evil 5 supporter also, will defend it to my grave.
                                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X