Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A call out to the community - I need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A call out to the community - I need your help!

I am working on a rather big webzine about the Resident Evil development process, with an emphasize on the unreleased games and "what could have been". I've been working on this for a little under a month now, gathering information and starting to organize my findings. At the moment I am focusing on the time period leading up to the start of Resident Evil 1.5, and there is a whole lot of interesting stories and facts that I've come across. Analyzing some of the Sample discs that have been released and comparing finds there with information from magazine interviews I have managed to make some cool theories, with evidence to back it up. I also got a cool interview with a voice actor that has some new and cool information I couldn't find anywhere else, but I'll save that for the release of the webzine

What I need; I am very skeptical about information I find on websites. I already have had a ton of conflicting stories - even from major websites like IGN and such, so in order to try and find out how things -really- got made and what plans there was with the game I need more info. I know some of you have been collection magazine scans. I would very much like a copy of those! It doesn't have to be of RE1, any scan about any Resident Evil related article would be fantastic, at least up to (and including) RE4. If you have anything that I could use, please help donate to this project. Either PM me here or email me at residentevilwebzine@gmail.com. Any donations will be credited in the webzine unless you want to remain anonymous.

The end result, the webzine, will be a pdf shaped very much like a magazine. It will have an index, articles, screenshots, developer interviews (already making some progress in making contacts here), fact boxes and the likes. Hopefully it will serve as a definite guide to the lost content. If I don't find all that much new info, at least it will be a good summary of the stuff we already know.

To finish, here's a little fun-fact from the webzine: Did you know that in RE 0.5 there was no S.T.A.R.S.?

Normally, I'd say your best bet would be Alzaire, who tends to have a copy of most of these things at least for 1.5, but he's busy with personal issues at the moment. So instead, I'd suggest you try Project Umbrella's staff. They have access to a lot of sources.

Comment

Thank you, I will Spreading out to several forums is not too bad though, as long as I keep track and manage to update all posts.

Comment

PMing News Bot on this forum, if he doesn't see you first, would be a good start. He's the guy for sources on RE over at Project Umbrella, including translating Japanese sources so we dumb Gaijin can find out what actually happened in the story.

Comment

Working...
        X