The Untold story of STARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Untold story of STARS

An area of the story that I always end up having swimming around my head is exactly what happened with the STARS team around the time of the Raccoon outbreak.

Thanks to beta shots from Resident Evil 3, we've seen the team visually confronting Iron's over the Mansion incident, to seemingly no avail.

But when was the decision ultimately made for Chris to leave for Europe and when did he actually leave Raccoon? Jill goes to his hideout (Bio 3 Epilogue) and can't find him - was she to rendevouz with him before he left which is why she stays behind? Did Chris leave early?
    Why did Jill choose to stay in Raccoon?
    Why did Barry go off the radar until moments before the destruction?
    Where did Rebecca go?
    Why was Jill where she was on the 28th? Why didn't see the city going to hell and get out sooner? Was she helping out around the city? No mention is made from any of the RPD reports that she or any of the STARS team where present at the RPD building?

I've always felt there's this great untold mystery on what exactly it was that caused the various members of STARS to all but vanish off the map for a number of days around the Outbreak.

Indeed Chris Redfield, our series hero not being involved in the worst outbreak at the time is fairly ironic. He's not a survivor of Raccoon City.

I'm not aware if there's any literature or sources that can perhaps shed some light on these questions?
    Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 02-08-2012, 04:49 PM.
    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Ah, good old times! I believe all the questions you're asking are answered in the game themselves. But here's what I know.

Originally posted by [STARS]Tyrant
    But when was the decision ultimately made for Chris to leave for Europe and when did he actually leave Raccoon?
    Chris decided to leave Raccoon during August (His diary in RE2). He eventually left Raccoon ten days before RE2 (Marvin tells Claire the RPD lost contact with him ten days ago). He was really lucky to avoid the Raccoon city incident. If he had decided to move one week later, he would have been in the same situation than Jill, Leon and his sister.

Jill goes to his hideout (Bio 3 Epilogue) and can't find him - was she to rendevouz with him before he left which is why she stays behind?
    Yeah, Jill and Chris obviously planned to regroup at that place. Chris probably realized he was under surveillance by Umbrella at that moment (RECV) and decided to move or he was already on his mission to save Claire.

Why did Jill choose to stay in Raccoon?
    To investigate on the G-virus and Birkin's laboratory.

Why did Barry go off the radar until moments before the destruction?
    He moved his family to Canada.

Almost all the answers come from either RE2 or Jill's diary from RE3.

Where did Rebecca go?
    No one knows. lol

Why was Jill where she was on the 28th? Why didn't see the city going to hell and get out sooner? Was she helping out around the city? No mention is made from any of the RPD reports that she or any of the STARS team where present at the RPD building?
    She was waiting in her appartment. She was hoping this matter could be handled by the police/authorities, but eventually the city became hell on earth. She moved specifically on the 28th because the zombies started to get less fierce (they already had taken over the city so there were much less humans left)
    Last edited by Grem; 02-08-2012, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Ah yeah of course I forgot about Marvin mentioning losing contact with Chris approx '10 days ago' so he clears off well before the actual outbreak occurs then. Interesting. Although Jill's diary does conclude that Chris leaves on August 24th which is considerably more than 10 days that Marvin mentions.
      Though he says lost contact so I assume we can conclude that Chris had been keeping some form of check in - probably with Jill.

And I have also forgot Jill's diary you get at the very end of Resident Evil 3 which of course mentions that she's staying to investigate the Raccoon labs.

The only thing now is what Jill did for a whole week before deciding to take action. I can't really see her just at in her apartment while the whole city goes to hell around her.

And indeed Chris leaving for Europe on the 24th begs a further question - what the hell was he doing all that time before he resurfaces in December to save Claire?
      Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 02-08-2012, 05:54 PM.
      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]Tyrant
        The only thing now is what Jill did for a whole week before deciding to take action. I can't really see her just at in her apartment while the whole city goes to hell around her.
        Yeah, but that's really what she did, though. However, I don't remember the sources. Probably a guide or something, but I'm sure she was staying in her apartment during the outbreak.

Ah yeah of course I forgot about Marvin mentioning losing contact with Chris approx '10 days ago' so he clears off well before the actual outbreak occurs then. Interesting. Although Jill's diary does conclude that Chris leaves on August 24th which is considerably more than 10 days that Marvin mentions.
        I forgot about that.
        Hmm, I think Chris was suspended in August so he probably left Raccoon at that time but kept contact with the RPD. When his suspension came to an end, the RPD lost contact with him.

what the hell was he doing all that time before he resurfaces in December to save Claire?
        Probably investigating while admiring the Eiffel tower and the Louvre

Comment

Wasn't Chris spying on Umbrella HQ at the time? I think that's about it.

Comment

This is the kind of discussion I like to see!
            See you in hell.

Comment

As others have said, most of those questions have been answered in one way or another through epilogues/files, though some of them aren't exactly crystal clear. The only question that's truly left unanswered is the whereabouts of Rebecca.

It's a bit odd looking at the cover of RE0 with her and Billy, knowing that the two stars of that game have vanished from the radar. While Billy is obviously in hiding,(presumably under a different name), I imagine Rebecca became a chemist/doctor and makes quite a remarkable income being practically a genius in the field and what not.
              Last edited by REmaster; 02-09-2012, 07:53 PM.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                As others have said, most of those questions have been answered in one way or another through epilogues/files, though some of them aren't exactly crystal clear. The only question that's truly left unanswered is the whereabouts of Rebecca.

It's a bit odd looking at the cover of RE0 with her and Billy, knowing that the two stars of that game have vanished from the radar. While Billy is obviously in hiding,(presumably under a different name), I imagine Rebecca became a chemist/doctor and makes quite a remarkable income being practically a genius in the field and what not.
                I always wondered if they would have another game that would include Billy, seemed like a good character and too good to use once and then forget about

Comment

Working...
                X