X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God i hate this generation
    PSN Gamercards

Comment

Yeah me t-...wait a minute, aren't you part of this generation?

What defines these new generation of gamers? age or interest? Because if its age they'd have to be about under 18 or so, and if its interest...its just the COD crowd.
      Last edited by Wrathborne; 03-24-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure I have a generation. I think I got kicked out due to lack of wanting to do drugs and have sex with anyone too drunk to protest.

Comment

I think that by "generation", he actually was referring to the present generation of consoles.

The same one where FPS/TPS became the top genres.
          Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
            Yeah me t-...wait a minute, aren't you part of this generation?

What defines these new generation of gamers? age or interest?
            I think both Age and Interest, plus Intelligence. I see 7-year old kids playing Medal of Honor here.
            And for intelligence, check this out:

Comment

I don't go to Capcom Unity, mostly because I don't feel my comments would fit in the place and I have no patience for some of the idiocy that breeds there (had it been a decade ago I'd be fine), but I decided to go have a look at what comments are being said there because I figure it represents better the average RE player than perhaps the more hardcore fans you find on the fan sites. Mostly people have the same comments though, especially those who are behind the Oubreak support fan club thing (because obviously it means if they don't want to do a traditional game there is no way any more Outbreak style games will get made).

Someone made a valid point of can we really be that surprised and I started to think they're right. And that's not just regarding Resident Evil, it's regarding every thing.

I thought about what the last decade or so has been like for Capcom and they've constantly made shitty decisions. Capcom has watered down or shitcanned numerous franchises in the past decade, it's internal decisions have closed studios and had it shed top talent because they didn't want to be there anymore. The Mega Man debacle means Capcom won't ever really listen to it's fans en masse ever again. Even when they've relaunched old brands from the 80's and 90's it's sometimes backfired (Maximo, Bionic Commando).

Add on top the actionfication of Resident Evil through the more recent games, and Capcom has put itself in a position where it's not going back even if it wanted to.

Re: Milla and being in a game, I was reading the Wondercon stuff for Prometheus and articles kept popping up so I read a few against my better judgement, and immediately wanted to smack my head against the wall. She mentioned that thing about being in the game in a few interviews, but there was even better nuggets like this:

The thing that’s wonderful is that, even when I was playing Resident Evil with my brother [prior to the first film], it was still underground.
              They use his set pieces. They used the glass corridor. They used the desert that we did in number three, for the next game. For some reason, they don’t want to put Alice in the game.
              (Because you know being in Africa = "desert" even though the game has about 20 different style locations, oh and its Africa....)

Anderson is spouting off about using the Majini, Las Plagas, Kipepeo, and the "car chase" from RE5 in the film (I assume he means Hummer vs. Motorcycles one) and transplating it into Red Square in Moscow. Given the fact he keeps taking elements and stuff like ORC puts more movie refs in than any other prior, I'm sure there will come a time when someone at Capcom goes "fuck it" and just puts Alice in a game. :p

And the internet will implode.
              Last edited by Rombie; 03-24-2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I fully expect Alice to be DLC for the multiplayer in ORC.

I'm not joking.

EDIT:

You know what? They should put Alice in ORC. That way it will be over and done with and they can get it out of their system.

But more importantly, we'll never have to see her in a game we actually care about.
                Last edited by Archelon; 03-24-2012, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Damn you for being Right Archelon.

Comment

We can't deny the movies have become an influence in the series since Re4 onward. Laser halls, Red Queen, thigh neck-breaking, etc. Judging from the trailer RE6 already has Alice. Just Alice as a guy with a shaved head and a scar on his face instead of shoulder.

But that kind of outlook even influences other horror games to the point where it was rare to find a horror franchise not trying to make it the next RE4.

Take Silent Hill. An artist from Homecoming had talked about the outlook, and just hearing what the thought process was sounds pretty crazy.

"From the start Konami's directive was more or less 'Do to Silent Hill what Resident Evil 4 did to the RE series.'"
                    "If I remember correctly the inclusion of Pyramid Head was a order that came down from Konami"
                    "they wanted to incorporate the style and story elements from the film as they thought several western players would know SH from the movie"
                    Thankfully we got our true survival horror in the form of Downpur at the cost of reviewers like IGN giving it a lower score than Homecoming. Konami has done some pretty disappointing things lately with last minute delays, a bad HD port and little to no marketing done. And that's a shame because a game like Downpour is good enough to bring the survival horror genre back into popularity. We have great games like Amnesia, but if a brand name took steps back and gave us a return to form then perhaps companies can take note.
                    Last edited by Smiley; 03-24-2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Amnesia 2: The machine of pigs >

Push Survival horror back into the faces of those who doubt it.

Comment

I'm waiting for a survival horror game to be the Street Fighter 4 of the genre and just revitalize it. Who knows when that day will be though.

As for Alice. Honestly, they should put her in a game... But as a joke character. "Err I have psychic powers!" then just have her charge in and get ripped apart by a few zombies or impaled by a tyrant. That's the only way I would not mind her inclusion in a game. In fact, I'd praise capcom to no end for doing that. If only dreams could come true...

Comment

Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
                          America? AMERICA????
                          FUCK AMERICA!!!!

When did Americans turned to be the only important part of sales for them?
                          I'm from Chicago, and I agree. There are so many ignorant people in this country that it sickens me. While I don't know what it's like to not be American, I try my best to understand.

What defines these new generation of gamers? age or interest? Because if its age they'd have to be about under 18 or so, and if its interest...its just the COD crowd.
                          I think it's a bit of both. A few years ago when I was in college, some of my classmates would invite me back to their dorms for "Nazi zombie fragfests." And yes, those are the exact words they used. I was a few years older than the majority (as were several others), so their humor was essentially a facepalm for us. There was actually one guy in my anatomy and physiology class that thought "COD" (in a medical sense) stood for "Call of Duty." Yep. Such is the "bro" culture in America. I've never been out of North America (aside from some Caribbean islands), but is it this bad anywhere else? I hope not, for their sake.
                          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Dude, dont use the 'B' word. Its all over the internet like herpes on a guido.

Comment

Damn you for being Right Archelon.
                              Ditto. The idea of her in ORC actually sounds like something they would pull off. If it meant they could get the idea out of the system and stop Milla J from whining about it, I'm fine with that.

@ Smiley - Good quotes. It was obvious early on in the first things they showed of Homecoming with the peeling paint effect the studio was told they needed to incorporate the film elements. And it's mostly just a horrible thing when I kept seeing the razor wire and the like. I know I've been negative about the game over the years but the bits I liked mostly was more when the studio went in it's own direction, which is mostly the final act of the game. It's why I was hoping this would be the case with Downpour and less nodding to the film was needed because I figured Konami learnt it's lessons when Homecoming failed in the sales stakes. And obviously thats true from the comments/reviews I've read around here.

Comment

IMO Silent Hill is more of a psychological horror game. Games such as Eternal Darkness belong to it.

I don't think SH is as damaged as RE is in it's respective genre.

But it's interesting that Capcom is getting so much heat for turning RE6 into an action game and yet, RE action & shooter games tend to get a lot of support. Even within the RE fanbase. Never mind from the dude-bro generation mentioned here.
                                Last edited by Pikminister; 03-25-2012, 12:46 PM.
                                Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X