RE3.5 Maps Info , pics .... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE3.5 Maps Info , pics .... ?

Well im looking for an old map that Dot50Cal Posted on here long time ago , and that he also posted pic of Ashley promo kind of and Leon transformed and "Thank you for playing" Printed over both of them , i remember there was a map right ? but i cant find it anywhere , Hell did it dissappear ?

I would be glad if someone can post it .. ? and i would like to know if they were real , cause they really look legit , Despite Robert_Kendo saying they are fake , i still think they are real , especially the Ashley one , it tells more than one thing , its full of truth ...

Im Also Looking for some rare scans if anyone have ...

Well Maybe in Holiday i will start to do something , soo i will need these probably ...

Thanks !
    Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
    ^ Lol ...

I don't recall a map but I do know what you are talking about. I think it can still be brought up but someone who has moderator abilities would know how to access the old thread with that info.

Here is another site, projectumbrella.com They have a few forum threads which they go over the info in detail and have some rare pictures provided by Welsh and other members. I provided all the links of the forum threads which should answer most of your questions.

^^ That link has the arm messed up with Leon but it's been blotted and messed with because it's assumed to be fake.

Enjoy. And you're welcome.

edit: Also if you are looking to play something the closest to what could have been I'd suggest playing Haunting Ground aka Demento (pending if you live in the states or not) as it seems to be the closest in terms of what was before they decided to drop the entire idea and go with what we have now.
    Last edited by Reston; 03-25-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks ! That is much appreciated ! Lots of info there ! Wow i just keep loving this version more and more i know about it , once again thanks xD

Edit : Lucky im just found it http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...=4469#post4469

Well Im Confused now , they seem fake and real at the same time ..... Kill me this is weird

Map looks well kind of real , but there is a room missing i think .... O.o

But interesting , I just want more xP
      Last edited by Mrox2; 03-25-2012, 01:28 PM.
      ^ Lol ...

Comment

It's real.
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, so Haunting Ground was inspired by RE 3.5 as we as Devil May Cry.

Did not know that.

Comment

The map of the 3.5 areas is more or less correct, however in Demento the rooms have actually been flipped around and spread across multiple floors. Some have been slightly modified as well.

And Demento is not only closest in terms to the original basis, but more like it contains remnants of the multiple versions of 4 and even has materials remaining in it. With the preview images on the special sections of the Biohazard site combined with the areas from Lost in Nightmares - all of the maps from Demento, Lost in Nightmares actually match up. The village with the chief's house also matches up as that area is closer to the earlier builds in terms of it's design and stylization.

However, the Demento room files actually use the same naming scheme as the Biohazard ones and there's also debug options still sitting in the game too.

The Ashley one is also real, the plain placeholder textures for 4 are all red texture files and the Ashley/Fiona and Hewie one doesn't have it's complete textures on there as I've ripped all of the models from 4 that includes those prototype ones and a few sets of textures and other crap that match up to Demento.

Some items like doors and the like were used in pre-rendered backgrounds for Cing's Glass Rose/Garasu no Bara as well as some music and sound effects that originated from Clock Tower 3 and Devil May Cry. Though, Clock Tower and the like were planned for quite a while after Human Entertainment folded and some of the scrapped designs remind me of designs I've seen in other later Capcom games.

I've been unable as of yet to dump the pre-rendered backgrounds from Glass Rose, but I did recognize particular things. Such as the bisque doll model from Demento in a lower polygon variation in a different colour, which was then later reused within one of the doll rooms in Demento.

Oh and regarding the extra images, it's normal to see Capcom reusing textures from their games on placeholders. Like the placeholder Ada using the RE3 alt costume Jill as a base, or even some of the textures in the retail build of 4 reusing sections of textures from the REmake models.

As for the 3.5 room names, the naming scheme may also correspond with as to how Demento handles the files - it loads up the roomfiles when the game is started so we get seamless gameplay, the rooms are named to chunks to where they should all load up and be connected together so say, 1a to 1f should essentially be loaded in the one spot.

So let's say, 1a is the reused airship bridge in Demento, it connects to 1b, 1c, 1d and 1e.

So that would be - Bridge -> Library 1F -> Cinema Room, but it would also load the files for the Library 2F -> Adjoining Room.

Essentially the Cinema Room is on the standalone section of the 2F.

I'm surprised still it seems that nobody else noticed that this fits the 3.5 room name list of the Study 1F, Study 2F and Study 3F naming scheme or how Demento also handles it's files.

I should get around to drawing maps like I told Alzaire I would ages ago.
            Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-25-2012, 09:45 PM.
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Alzaire !
              @Enetirnel , Wow you know soo much about 3.5 and Domento ! Yes i also thought the ashley one is real , since it looks like the proto ashley and also it was confirmed about the girl and god in 3.5 , your soo correct , you were right indeed ! Hmm i really need to check out domento "Once i get red of this PC lol"

Edit : Also why Welsh and others over Project Umbrella said that leons pic is fake ?
              This in game one just seem to prove that Dot's pic was real "Kind of"
              Last edited by Mrox2; 03-26-2012, 10:07 AM.
              ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                Edit : Also why Welsh and others over Project Umbrella said that leons pic is fake ?
                Dunno who these "others" are, but Colvin's (Welsh) been a bit of an oddball with a vendetta (Him and Dot50Cal never really got along.)
                Anyway, those splash cards/renders were the real deal - everything from the full map screen to the holiday outfits and the hilarious typos. Can be at least found on a handful of the different RE4 demo builds that are in circulation (both in private hands and as ISOs on the web - think we labeled anything pre-E3 as a likely candidate for not having those cleaned off the disc yet), just like any version of Code: Veronica will do for those Versus Mode menu screens that Scream dug out a few years ago. As with the Versus Mode stuff, I'm pretty sure we even posted a full guide somewhere (or at least openly shared the instructions) on how to identify and dig 'em out of any build that has them.

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING
                Code: Veronica Butter
                RE4 - Goldmine!
                RE4 - Goldmine - part deux

Comment

That and I suppose some people never really got over the RE4 joke. It's been years now, so I don't see the point to constantly scream "FAAAAAAKE!" over everything without actually going out of the way to try and obtain particular builds to check personally.

I came across the C:V screens as well, but Capcom fill their discs up with all sorts of shit. Filler files for the Outbreak games were thousands of Street Fighter character SFX so I'm not really surprised with leftovers on early builds or even on the retail builds.

Though I also somewhat recall that Capcom also based the REmake Wesker model off the Chris model by modifying it repeatedly to get a more "snake-like appearance", Jill was used as a proportional base for Ada in 4.

So seeing a more Chris looking face used on the 3.5 Leon and a modified face for the Ashley/Fiona model doesn't surprise me the slightest, because of course during early production they're just purely placeholders for the finalized model. Like the gameplay footage uses the earlier placeholder one but the trailers used a more polished model that looks a bit closer to the retail 4 final version of Leon.

Hell, talking of prototype looks - I remember looking at Final Fantasy X and Tidus had black hair and the facial modeling wasn't the exact same as the final look.
                  sigpic

Comment

@Carnivol , i have seen that spencer topic before , interesting ... he would have had such a different role in 3.5 back then ...

Doesnt anyone think that in the capcoms page of un-used meterial from REmake they included some renders of some RE 3.5 Rooms as said , and also in REmakes iso some files have the name RE4 Attached to them ... Weird ....
                    ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                      @Carnivol , i have seen that spencer topic before , interesting ... he would have had such a different role in 3.5 back then ...

Doesnt anyone think that in the capcoms page of un-used meterial from REmake they included some renders of some RE 3.5 Rooms as said , and also in REmakes iso some files have the name RE4 Attached to them ... Weird ....
                      And going by what happens in Demento, the additional Japanese information and the in-game files - it may not have been all that different, but we may have actually seen much more of Lorenzo and had to deal with him at a point in time in the game.

But I also recall that there may also be another variation of the early Ashley/Fiona character from another interview regarding 3.5 on that they hadn't shown her to the public, unless they were referring to the early model that was left sitting in 4 but there seems to be more beta stuff floating around in Demento that I haven't fully looked into (including the Debug menu in one particular retail release) but I could just be misunderstanding that old interview regarding the female character from the early 3.5 builds.

There are actually items within the REmake backgrounds themselves that were shared in RE4. In fact, if you look in one of the rooms on top of a cupboard - you can see Salazar's hat. The art for young Aureolus Belli (well, one of the 13 Aureolus Belli) actually has the exact same outfit as Salazar with some slight changes. So that and some items are shared or well, were supposed to be shared - they may have left some markers on the REmake backgrounds of things that needed to be mirrored for parts of the castle but aside from the specific extra page with the images and short video loops of areas from 3.5 the other pieces are mainly just variations of the work-in-progress rooms from what I recall going over all of the backgrounds and crap in the REmake files.

I would say it's more likely to be markers as even the Demento files have markers for GUI notes, notes for language translation placement on how the textures will be handled, some beta textures are also floating around these marked files which have notes scrawled all over them.

That and sometimes you need to balance out the number of files and/or some of the files in a particular order because REmake has multiple files for animations so as to avoid loading up the incorrect ones you could also have dummy files to sit between things which are marked to not be loaded up in the game or just to fill up extra space for when they compress everything and press the disc as to avoid say, people removing files and repacking the game with mods and stuff which may not take if the archives have to be a particular EXACT size from what I've found.
                      Last edited by Enetirnel; 03-29-2012, 07:05 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X