No announcement yet.

Maybe new short 1.5 video. this thread is for 1.5 experts :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the plus side, after winning the lottery you could throw so much cash at someone they would have to sell it. Or make that Capcom HQ raid idea a reality.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

• So what do we really know about Elza Walker, her scenario and the game's beginning cutscenes? Here's some things I've learned, if you have anything to contribute please do!

Name: Elza Walker
      Height: 169cm
      Weight: 52.4kg
      Blood Type: 0

Elza starts her scenario in the RPD lobby. If you look closely her motorbike can be seen lying on the ground, glass from the main entrance is smashed and spewed across the floor however the shutters in the RPD lobby are down. So we could make assumptions that in her cutscene Elza crashed her motorbike into the RPD lobby, possibly being chased by someone or being cornered in by zombies, when she loses control and heads straight into the main entrance. When she starts her scenario the shutters are down, so we could also assume that Elza pulled the shutters down her self for safety, however there is no power in the RPD at the beginning of the game so how exactly Elza pulled the shutters down is unknown. What is known however is that both Elza and her motorbike are inside the building and that the shutters don't break untill Leon makes his way into the lobby and the zombies burst through, so something deffinately happened outside to cause her to lose control.

It's left mostly up to your imagination, but to me I think Leon was supposed to be waiting for a helicopter extraction, however as the helicopter was approaching Elza was also approaching the RPD. On the roof Leon witnessed the helicopter crash in front of the building while Elza swerves on her bike to get away from the accident, careering into the entrance. Perhaps the as the helicopter crashed it took down the power lines outside causing power in the RPD to go out, requiring them to find, repair and activate the backup power. This is what leads Leon to say "oh that's just freaking great, now what am I going to do?" because he just missed his ride out of there.

If anyones got any comments or knows any more about how 1.5 starts please feel free to chime in!

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
        So what do we really know about Elza Walker, her scenario and the game's beginning cutscenes? Here's some things I've learned, if you have anything to contribute please do!

Name: Elza Walker
        Height: 169cm
        Weight: 52.4kg
        Blood Type: 0

Elza starts her scenario in the RPD lobby. If you look closely her motorbike can be seen lying on the ground, glass from the main entrance is smashed and spewed across the floor however the shutters in the RPD lobby are down. So we could make assumptions that in her cutscene Elza crashed her motorbike into the RPD lobby, possibly being chased by someone or being cornered in by zombies, when she loses control and heads straight into the main entrance. When she starts her scenario the shutters are down, so we could also assume that Elza pulled the shutters down her self for safety, however there is no power in the RPD at the beginning of the game so how exactly Elza pulled the shutters down is unknown. What is known however is that both Elza and her motorbike are inside the building and that the shutters don't break untill Leon makes his way into the lobby and the zombies burst through, so something deffinately happened outside to cause her to lose control.

It's left mostly up to your imagination, but to me I think Leon was supposed to be waiting for a helicopter extraction, however as the helicopter was approaching Elza was also approaching the RPD. On the roof Leon witnessed the helicopter crash in front of the building while Elza swerves on her bike to get away from the accident, careering into the entrance. Perhaps the as the helicopter crashed it took down the power lines outside causing power in the RPD to go out, requiring them to find, repair and activate the backup power. This is what leads Leon to say "oh that's just freaking great, now what am I going to do?" because he just missed his ride out of there.

If anyones got any comments or knows any more about how 1.5 starts please feel free to chime in!
        I think the lose of power just affects some areas, not the whole RPD.
        The shutters from the west hallway works very well, and past them, the rest of the hallway's lights are off.
        Still, in the office B, the lights are on...

So I guess the shutters of the lobby had power.
        About how they got down.
        For me, when Elza crashed in the RPD lobby, some kind of alarm was activated, making the shutters lock the RPD entrance.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-08-2012, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• In the part of the game where elza pushes the huge box and climbs on top and switches the power back on , what area's of the RPD did that effect ?

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
            In the part of the game where elza pushes the huge box and climbs on top and switches the power back on , what area's of the RPD did that effect ?
            That part is on the factory, and it's not even Elza who does it, it's Sherry.

Comment

• Originally posted by alinhoalisson View Post
              That part is on the factory, and it's not even Elza who does it, it's Sherry.
              Celebrate 15 years of horror with this fan-made Resident Evil 2 (1.5) promo. It really has been that long since we first crept down that mansion hallway, ju...

no I ment the one in this video at 1:49

Comment

I think the lose of power just affects some areas, not the whole RPD.
                The shutters from the west hallway works very well, and past them, the rest of the hallway's lights are off.
                Still, in the office B, the lights are on...

So I guess the shutters of the lobby had power.
                About how they got down.
                For me, when Elza crashed in the RPD lobby, some kind of alarm was activated, making the shutters lock the RPD entrance.
                I just noticed that the fan in the lobby is still spinning so maybe it's just the lights that went out? Maybe Capcom didn't pay much attention, or perhaps I'm over analysing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jluMPnoGvZs

no I ment the one in this video at 1:49
                  Exactly, this part is at the factory.
                  It's after Sherry says she found a secret entrance.

You must control Sherry and activate the power, so the door can open and Elza and John can reach the other side.
                  Elza is only there instead of Sherry because curator may be jumping rooms.

Comment

• oh cool I did not know that thanks for the new info mate

Comment

Exactly, this part is at the factory.
                      It's after Sherry says she found a secret entrance.

You must control Sherry and activate the power, so the door can open and Elza and John can reach the other side.
                      Elza is only there instead of Sherry because curator may be jumping rooms.
                      If you don't mind me asking, where was this confirmed?

Comment

• It's not, exactly, but it makes more sense than anything else. We know Sherry enters that area to do something to let the others in - turning on the power is one possible thing, and it's early enough a version that character swapping may not be active yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          It's not, exactly, but it makes more sense than anything else. We know Sherry enters that area to do something to let the others in - turning on the power is one possible thing, and it's early enough a version that character swapping may not be active yet.
                          That's what I was thinking, as the PSM build is clearly more unfinished than the Bioflames build. Is there any vents leading into that room? We have a lot of the backgrounds so we should be able to tell, unless the other side of the vent is missing from the Trial Edition.

If that was the case couldn't we assume that Elza's scenario is mostly incomplete on the PSM build? As surely Elza can't access that area without jumping rooms and the game would end there if it was played without "cheating."

Has anyone ever attempted to recreate the 1.5 map? By looking at the backgrounds in the trial edition it looks likely to me that Sherry is climbing around in the conveyor belts as I'm pretty sure either Elza or Leon couldn't make use of those areas. If anyone ever tried to recreate the map though you'd be able to be more certain which areas Sherry can access even if a few backgrounds are missing.
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-08-2012, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                            If you don't mind me asking, where was this confirmed?
                            It wasn't. I'm just saying. In curator's build, Sherry's model is complete.
                            Meaning there's no need for Elza to be in her place.
                            There's pictures of the final build where Sherry does the same thing as Elza, and if I remember, there's a text translation of curator's build where Sherry says "Wait by the backdoor".

I'm not confirming anything.
                            I'm just saying that, considering everything else, it was supposed to be Sherry who does the job.

Comment

• There's a ventilation hole that Sherry uses to enter the lobby of the factory management building, where she uses a door to enter the hallway where the power is off and the door is locked. Sherry turns the power back on by pushing the box and flipping the breaker and flips a switch and opens the door for Elza and John.

In the RPD, power is out only in a few areas of the building. Most parts of it are fine, while others are on backup power or none at all. Mostly the basement's power is off at first, as well as the elevator and possible a few upstairs areas (the radio room doesn't have power).
                              sigpic

Comment

It wasn't. I'm just saying. In curator's build, Sherry's model is complete.
                                Meaning there's no need for Elza to be in her place.
                                There's pictures of the final build where Sherry does the same thing as Elza, and if I remember, there's a text translation of curator's build where Sherry says "Wait by the backdoor".

I'm not confirming anything.
                                I'm just saying that, considering everything else, it was supposed to be Sherry who does the job.
                                Well this is pretty much what I was getting at, where was it confirmed Sherry's model is complete? Did the Curator confirm it when he was in communication with the community? Also is the image of Sherry doing the job in the Bioflames archive? Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                                X