Resident Evil Remake The Lost Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Remake The Lost Locations

So I was trying to find out some information on the lost areas (shown below) from Resident Evil Remake. These are the only four images I could find and absoutley no information what so ever. Can anyone share any information or other images with me on these locations? I want to know why they were deleted, where they are in the mansion, does anyone know any specifics about the rooms like what items where there? I have never read a single thing about these rooms only seen these images before. Where they mentioned in any interviews with the makers of the game?

That spirl staircase looks eerily creepy and so gutted they removed it from the game. I imagine it was either out back somewhere on the path to Lisa Trevors cabin, Outside by the waterfall where you enter the caves/tunnels, Or outside where the Crimson Elder is.

The second image looks exactly like the steps you walk down just after you go outback to the Lisa Trevor cabin. Just after Jill/Chris recieve a radio transmission from Barry/Wesker? Telling them not to go that way because of a monster....chains.... I also noticed the bridge in the background which I have never seen before and and safley say there is no bridge like this surroding the mansion. Not in any pictures I have ever seen. Remove that bridge and I can buy that this is just an image of these steps you walk down that I already mentioned just with the camera angle from inside a cave.

The third area is an image that I think this is the first time I am seeing. I have absolutley no idea where this is. The background almost looks like Lisa Trevors cabin by the fire place but the room itself looks like somewhere inside the mansion.

The last image is a first for me as well, I have no idea what the heck is going on there and even if this is actually from Remake.

Any information or images would be very much appriciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	retech11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	406068Click image for larger version

Name:	Resident Evil 1 Remake Beta 04.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	406067Click image for larger version

Name:	Resident Evil 1 Remake Beta 01.jpg
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	406065Click image for larger version

Name:	Resident Evil 1 Remake Beta 02.jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	406066
    Last edited by CrimsonElder; 05-06-2012, 11:25 PM.

Those are actually from the scrapped Progenitor/Fog/Hookman version of BH4. Don't think there was any real information on them, just "Hey look at these!"
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Really? I was certain the first 2 ere 100% remake they have that style to them. Aww well thats dissapointing.

Comment

Those are on the original Japanese site for REmake so I thought they were beta images for REmake as well.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
          Those are on the original Japanese site for REmake so I thought they were beta images for REmake as well.
          Yeah thats what I remember when I first saw them. So are they Remake or 3.5 ok now im really interested. I dont want them to be 3.5 because if they are Il be even more gutted this game wasnt released. Then again if they are Remake I NEED MORE INFO!

Comment

During the creation of Rebirth, Capcom presented these videos on their Japanese official website as "technical demos and nothing else", so these backgrounds weren't expected to be found in the game. They were just made to display Capcom's ability to display weather [moving] elements on static backgrounds, a technic they refined for Ø.
            At least, that was the official explanation.
            And then, we all saw the footage/screenshots of RE3.5...
            Last edited by imacwesker; 05-07-2012, 12:41 AM.
            Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

its stated somewhere in the site that they are not really from the same game , It seems the site that hosted these vids and pics died , oh well we can still use the web achieve :

Also Check this > http://www.projectumbrella.net/forum...RD-4-ILLUSIONS

I would love to know where these places where actually , wish we had a map with these places , ugh
              Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
              ^ Lol ...

Comment

I remember those images and was like, "So where are they in the game". They are a part of the RE 3.5 concept. You can sort of see the castle in the outside area. However I do find it interesting that RE6 seems to have areas for Tall Oaks which looks a lot like some of those images when you have to get to the cathedral.

Comment

Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
                  During the creation of Rebirth, Capcom presented these videos on their Japanese official website as "technical demos and nothing else", so these backgrounds weren't expected to be found in the game. They were just made to display Capcom's ability to display weather [moving] elements on static backgrounds, a technic they refined for Ø.
                  Pretty much this. They were just testing the capabilities of the Cube. That system was great with certain lighting effects. Especially with the water effects (too bad they didn't use them properly in Remake).

It's like what Capcom did when they made the first Revelations trailer. You had zombies, HUNK and other stuff that was never intended to be included in the finalized game. They were just testing the hardware.
                  Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                    Pretty much this. They were just testing the capabilities of the Cube. That system was great with certain lighting effects. Especially with the water effects (too bad they didn't use them properly in Remake).

It's like what Capcom did when they made the first Revelations trailer. You had zombies, HUNK and other stuff that was never intended to be included in the finalized game. They were just testing the hardware.
                    But they are from 3.5 Fog , Many places seen in trailer , exact chapel is seen in FOG , but is not burning so this probably means that something was going to happen later in the game that makes the Chapel burst into flames.
                    ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                      But they are from 3.5 Fog , Many places seen in trailer , exact chapel is seen in FOG , but is not burning so this probably means that something was going to happen later in the game that makes the Chapel burst into flames.
                      Yeah, but it seems that those images (animations) where mostly testing the capabilities of the hardware. Yes, they could've been using assets designed for RE 3.5, but I think they just wanted to see what the Cube could do. Consider that at the time, the only other 3rd party company that pushed the GameCube to it's limits was Factor 5 (Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II). So it made sense to test things out first.

I also think that Mikami really wanted to push the Cube to it's limits. Since he needed to prove that it made sense to jump from the PS2 to Ninty's console.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sounds about right that they were made for testing and that last image I agree hands down has nothing to do with Remake. Its just the first 3 are hard to imagine not being anything to do with it because they look so similar. Probably just testers then guess I was just holding onto hope. I'd really love to see something like Remake again even if it was some lost locations. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                          Yeah, but it seems that those images (animations) where mostly testing the capabilities of the hardware. Yes, they could've been using assets designed for RE 3.5, but I think they just wanted to see what the Cube could do. Consider that at the time, the only other 3rd party company that pushed the GameCube to it's limits was Factor 5 (Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II). So it made sense to test things out first.

I also think that Mikami really wanted to push the Cube to it's limits. Since he needed to prove that it made sense to jump from the PS2 to Ninty's console.
                          RE 3.5 Fog/Hookman were all made on the Gamecube right , soo these or more than likely from 3.5
                          ^ Lol ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrox2 View Post
                            RE 3.5 Fog/Hookman were all made on the Gamecube right , soo these or more than likely from 3.5
                            They could've been. Since Mikamis #1 priority was to make RE4/Bio4.

And he only made the REmake because he wanted to get his team familiar with the new hardware (as well as get back to the series roots). They even got Nintendo to help them with that (which could explain why the game still remains exclusive to Nintendo consoles).

The team behind Zero also had some problems with the new hardware (going from the N64 to the Cube presented some challenges - like being able to continue using the zapping-system on a disc based console). The director of Zero explained that Mikami gave him some pointers and showed him what they were doing with the Remake. He was impressed.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Mikami didn't want the Remake or even Zero looking like ass. And he probably tested the hell out of the Cube's capabilities. Just to make sure they could deliver something memorable.
                            sigpic

Comment

Source: Official BioHazard Site (2001)
                              Last edited by JakeMuller; 05-08-2012, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X