Resident Evil Remake The Lost Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeMuller View Post
    Very nice! How did you get ahold of that video?
    PSN Gamercards

Comment

Jake works for me part time as we infiltrate Capcom to locate a disc of 1.5

Comment

Originally posted by BeefWellington View Post
        Very nice! How did you get ahold of that video?
        On the official biohazard site, the backgrounds mentioned in the first post were put up for download as videos (since the backgrounds themselves were meant to showcase pre-rendered animated backgrounds). That video is just all of them combined.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Dammit NewsBot! Why did you have to ruin my joke by actually sharing the source of information that was requested!?

Comment

Source: Official BioHazard Site (2001)
            Very nice thank you for posting that.

Comment

Source: Official BioHazard Site (2001)
              I need a current gen pre-rendered horror game that looks this good. Jesus Christ.

Comment

It's.....beautiful.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                  I need a current gen pre-rendered horror game that looks this good. Jesus Christ.
                  Amen. I felt like the pre-rendered backgrounds utilized in the remake and zero were perfect examples of how awesome they can be, it's a shame they're virtually extinct these days.
                  "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                  Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Wow, just wow.

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    On the official biohazard site, the backgrounds mentioned in the first post were put up for download as videos (since the backgrounds themselves were meant to showcase pre-rendered animated backgrounds). That video is just all of them combined.
                    Are those still available?

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                    Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                    I need a current gen pre-rendered horror game that looks this good.
                    I felt like the pre-rendered backgrounds utilized in the remake and zero were perfect examples of how awesome they can be, it's a shame they're virtually extinct these days.
                    This.

Just imagine how awesome it probably could be today at proper 1080p or beyond .
                    Last edited by please_REboot; 08-05-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

They could probably do like D for dreamcast, that you have a prerendered background but when you enter aim mode you actually see it in some kind of heat vision if I recall correctly, and you see through a dynamic camera the environment with very low-poly objects.

My point is that you could max out the graphical capabilities with dynamic prerendered backgrounds and use fairly detailed 3D environments in real time when aiming, etc.
                      Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

Inherant issue isn't that pre-renders won't work, in it's time REmake (and Zero) proved you can still make a constant next-gen leap with the combination of good CG'd backgrounds and good model work for the real time, but it's the controls that are always going to let it down. You're always going to have to contend with tank controls or controls that switch on each screen change, and no one wants those these days. It's great to say "lets go to a different perspective" or something, but thats greatly jarring as well to a degree (hell, Capcom basically already did this somewhat when they made Dead Aim).

When Capcom says they'll never return to this style, thats really always the reason why. Internally they were hated from day one, and externally people got sick of them.... I figure starting around the time Code Veronica was on it's way. The jump to next gen people expected the old controls to go. When they didn't, thats when the complaining started. Part of why RE4 was a revelation to many early press and users was the proof that Capcom could change the controls, but they wont go back now.
                        Last edited by Rombie; 08-08-2012, 03:50 AM.

Comment

well, i must say that every game in this planet featuring human beings uses tank movements. the characters walk to the sides but their skin are walking in straight line. when not completely still turning to a direction, they will simply "spin" in their own axis during a move to face a new direction, like the ganado with a axe.

i totally agree with your post, but they still cant give 3d bodies natural movements(the control scheme is the same, just mobile camera)

they should give it a try to prerendered because we want to see them in 1080p with new techniques. and it would be well received by the media due to photo realism and retro style. since all their average 3d graphics releases are not good, pre rendered would do worse??
                          and controls? well, instead that ridiculous repetitive leon's head looking for the sides like re6(sooooooo natural and human they say ), just put something like the leon's beta body.

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                            they should give it a try to prerendered because we want to see them in 1080p with new techniques.
                            This.
                            Last edited by please_REboot; 08-12-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

wow those backgrounds are amazing

Comment

Working...
                              X