Huge BH4 Beta (Devil May Cry ver.) Reveal Coming Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge BH4 Beta (Devil May Cry ver.) Reveal Coming Soon

Yet another Project Umbrella exclusive, we've uncovered quite a large amount of beta material related to the scrapped action-packed version of BH4 which later became Devil May Cry. Topic will be updated with all the details once we compile and translate them.

Can you say G?
    Last edited by News Bot; 05-09-2012, 03:42 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

This is pretty awesome. XD Is this the Fog version or the hook man version? I forget which ultimately became DMC.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
      This is pretty awesome. XD Is this the Fog version or the hook man version? I forget which ultimately became DMC.
      Neither, it's an even earlier version (where Leon is not the main character, and Spencer was the main villain).

Also, Fog and Hookman are the same version, just different stages of development.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
        Neither, it's an even earlier version (where Leon is not the main character, and Spencer was the main villain).

Also, Fog and Hookman are the same version, just different stages of development.
        Wow, I didn't know there was such an early build. Who was going to be the protagonist? Where did you get this material? Is this material in the form of descriptions and dev notes or is it an actual playable beta? So many questions you've brought about in me newsbot, and at such a late hour. xD
        sigpic

Comment

Wow, I didn't know there was such an early build. Who was going to be the protagonist? Where did you get this material? Is this material in the form of descriptions and dev notes or is it an actual playable beta? So many questions you've brought about in me newsbot, and at such a late hour. xD
          The protagonist was "Tony", one of Spencer's bio-engineered twin sons. He is basically Dante.

It's text and images, nothing playable. But very substantial nonetheless, and you can piece together quite a bit of the storyline (including references to the other games being developed at the same time, such as BH0...)

Comment

The protagonist was "Tony", one of Spencer's bio-engineered twin sons. He is basically Dante.

It's text and images, nothing playable. But very substantial nonetheless, and you can piece together quite a bit of the storyline (including references to the other games being developed at the same time, such as BH0...)
            Hrmm, this is all very interesting. May I ask from which Japanese black market back ally you procured this highly prized information from, per chance? Or might that information incriminate certain parties involved in this leak of information?
            sigpic

Comment

Hrmm, this is all very interesting. May I ask from which Japanese black market back ally you procured this highly prized information from, per chance? Or might that information incriminate certain parties involved in this leak of information?
              All will be revealed soon!

Comment

Biohazard France had loads of illustrations back in the day, including some of those that have resurfaced again on the DMC HD Edition, it showed a lot of enemies. Is it further to that information then? That would be amazing.
                http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                  Biohazard France had loads of illustrations back in the day, including some of those that have resurfaced again on the DMC HD Edition, it showed a lot of enemies. Is it further to that information then? That would be amazing.
                  Were "G-Crows" included?

There's also at least one enemy that is actually from 1.5.

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                    Well, it certainly seems plausible. 30 enemy types is a rather substantial figure and it would be hard to imagine more than thirty enemy types in a game like RE 3.5... or in this case, RE 3.1. xD
                    sigpic

Comment

It was from a long time ago, illustrations showed many images of the castle, the lizard enemies were described as armed hunters, the marionettes were described, it showed Tony in various pictures such as stood with his police car, I can't find them on the site so they are perhaps long gone.

EDIT: It's on survivhor at Biohazard France
                      Last edited by [STARS]TyranT; 05-09-2012, 03:57 AM.
                      http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                      http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                      Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Were "G-Crows" included?

There's also at least one enemy that is actually from 1.5.
                        A ton of the G creature designs are in the DMC HD Collection gallery. Nightmare is clearly a final form Birkin style creature, you can clearly see the same head as Birkin developed. There's also images that are clearly forth and fifth malformation G. And G eyes on almost every creature.

I'd love to see the initial mock ups Team Little Devil did for 4. The concept art for the Pre rendered backgrounds looks amazing and I think it would have took Spencer in the direction I wanted them to.

Comment

*Heart attack* Ok now this is quite seriously interesting ! Come on i can't wait *__*
                          Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
                          ^ Lol ...

Comment

I remember Welsh some time ago on PU doing some information on the first build of RE4. Will be interesting to see.

Comment

@News Bot if you dont mind answering this question. When could we expect the reveal of this material? is it this year or this month?
                              Last edited by GamerTak3r; 05-09-2012, 10:13 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X