Plot Holes / Inconsistencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plot Holes / Inconsistencies

Thought this would be an interesting topic to touch on. Are there any actual plot holes or inconsistencies in the series storyline these days? We have pretty much dis-proven virtually every single one that has been passed around for years. I want to see if there is actually something still lingering that needs to be looked at more closely. Lets see if we can get a list going.

Level design doesn't count.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

The Merchant.

What the fuck is he?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
      The Merchant.

What the fuck is he?
      A gameplay mechanic, nothing to really do with the plot but they gave him a story so as to make him fit... at least a little bit.

WEAPONS MERCHANT (Page 72)

A man in a black coat who trades in weapons. His shop symbol is a torch that burns with a blue flame, and he seems to travel around and play his trade wherever he pleases. He keeps a vast array of weapons in a large rucksack and his coat. From his appearance it is obvious that he is a Ganado, but strangely, he does not show hostility toward others and will deal with anyone who is willing to pay. While it is unclear where he acquires his goods, even Leon is impressed at the products he has on offer. He's a skilled business talker as well, frequently saying things such as "Trust your gut" or "Great choice: you know your weapons."

Comment

Well... I've always wondered what did Luis mean in RE4 (2:23)
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyKb2tRVI9s
        I mean, how common was it to have a sample of the T-virus? or maybe it could of been used to revive Las Plagas, not clear on that info

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
          BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHY THE ROOM WITH MARVIN IN THE RPD ISN'T HIGHER THAN THE WAITING ROOM! IT'S UP A RAMP BUT SOMEHOW LEVEL!

Comment

Wesker dies in RE1 and his body is found curled up in many mutilated states throughout the different endings. I want to know how Wesker grew a new head... Or less importantly which ending of RE1 is canon.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-10-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by himher_elle View Post
              Well... I've always wondered what did Luis mean in RE4 (2:23)
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyKb2tRVI9s
              I mean, how common was it to have a sample of the T-virus? or maybe it could of been used to revive Las Plagas, not clear on that info
              Not really a hole, it simply doesn't mean anything. It was common for institutions to have samples of the t-Virus around for research on countermeasures. The U.S. Government also had samples. It was just something added to the script for the sake of "connecting" BH4 to the older games through that one discussion with Luis.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
              Wesker dies in RE1 and his body is found curled up in many mutilated states throughout the different endings. I want to know how Wesker grew a new head... I less importantly which ending of RE1 is canon.
              There is no "canon" to BH1. The game was designed to be open-ended and subject to player choices. The only events which are canon are those stipulated in subsequent games.
              Last edited by News Bot; 05-10-2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

The plane thing in Revelations. And why the Queens spent so much time undetected

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                  BUT I WANT TO KNOW WHY THE ROOM WITH MARVIN IN THE RPD ISN'T HIGHER THAN THE WAITING ROOM! IT'S UP A RAMP BUT SOMEHOW LEVEL!
                  You see, the floor is slightly inclined but you never notice it.

Comment

[The Merchant is] A gameplay mechanic, nothing to really do with the plot but they gave him a story so as to make him fit... at least a little bit.
                    Wrong. He is Jake Mueller. XD Seriously though, I think he's more than just a gameplay mechanic. Think about it, J.J. is infected with the Plagas and he has super jumping ability (Jumping one whole story, bypassing ladders completely with that huge Mini-gun on his back), perhaps the Merchant is just really good at going fast with all of his wares strapped to his body. Perhaps throughout the whole game you're being stalked by the Merchant as you are his sole customer.

"But how did he get to the Island?!" He has a boat in his underground shop after you recover the artifact used to unlock the church door (Before the El Gigante fight). He could use the extensive underground water ways to make his way out to open water and get to the back of the castle and ultimately the island. Or he may have stolen another boat from the Castle.

Plus, the fact that he was infected by the Plagas and didn't become a slave to Saddler doesn't mean he's simply just a game mechanic with poor execution on part of Capcom. In one of Luis' diaries (I think it's his, may be a Saddler note), it states that the Plagas take after their hosts, and some people show natural ability to control the Plagas without being injected with a control Plagas.

But you say, "He has all those weapons, where did he get them? It just doesn't make sense!". A-ha! That's where my little theory comes into it's own... It would obviously take a lot of money to acquire such an armory. Who has that much money in this little region? The Salazar family. Who has the innate ability to control the Plagas without possessing the Control variety? The Salazar Family (Who are listed as a family who seem to have a control over the Plagas). Thus I bring my theory to a close by saying I think that The Merchant is a Salazar that didn't like what was happening in and around his home and used his immense wealth to stock up and fight back. It just so happened Leon showed up and boom.

Or he could be the Salazar family's missing butler. :O
                    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 05-10-2012, 02:41 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
                      Or he could be the Salazar family's missing butler. :O
                      That dude sounds like a very old guy...

BUTLER's MEMO: I have served the Salazar family for generations. I am prepared to continue my services until the very end.
                      Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                        That dude sounds like a very old guy...
                        All the more proof he's been Plagas infected for a long, LONG time. XD
                        sigpic

Comment

Why not?!

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                          That's always bugged the hell out of me.
                          Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Det. Beauregard View Post
                            Why not?!

That's always bugged the hell out of me.
                            You don't write level design!

The plane thing in Revelations. And why the Queens spent so much time undetected
                            The plane thing is an odd one. The plane would have to fly for a bit after exploding, gain height, make a complete 360 turn and start flying towards the airport again... And the Queens thing is hinted at but never actually explained. The answer is there, somewhere, it's just not openly stated for some bizarre reason.

Comment

When you first arrive at the mansion in Remake you hear a gunshot. This is pressumably Chris or Jill because if you watch Kenneths headcam video towards the end of the game you will notice that he fires several shots, the shot you hear upon arrival in the main hall is a single shot.

I believe the shot fired was Chris/Jill. How did they get into the mansion if not via the front door? At the bottom of the corridor by where Kenneth is killed there is a door. Go through this door and you come into a room with a bird cage straight infront of you, above this bird cage is an open window and against the far wall opposite the bird cage is a dead zombie leaning up against the wall. Did Chris/Jill enter the mansion through this window and fire the shot that you hear killing that zombie. Always bugged me this one. Thats my theory anyway.

What do you guys think was the shot fired Kenneth if so how did Chris/Jill enter the mansion? Or do you buy into my theory which personally I prefer and think makes more sense logically. Can we confirm that the hand found by Joseph is indeed Kenneths? If not then thats my question number 2.

EDIT: Also I just realised after the room with the bird cage and the dead zombie laying up against the wall there is a set of stairs going up. You follow these stairs and come out into the back corridor. The room before you find the imitation key. Just outside the imitation key room is another dead zombie laying on the floor. Seems plausible that someone came this way before you and killed two zombies. Makes even more sense to me now.

Just incase anyone is confused I am reffering to the rooms at 7.19, dead zombie at 7.25, open window at 7.28 and second dead zombie at 7.39.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              Last edited by CrimsonElder; 05-10-2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X