Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard would it be to produce RE1.5 in this day and age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course it would require a lot of work, as far as I know we haven't invented magic yet.

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
      Possibly the most on topic, intelligent addition to the topic so far, kudos to you for making me feel dumb in the presence of your logic. XD
      Thanks for the compliment, although I'm no hacker. I've just spent a lot of time with the Biohazard beta. But I can deffinately see where it can be useful, for example, an exploit which is used in the Biohazard 2 Trial Edition to allow you to move during cutscenes and advance further in the demo is possible in the Biohazard beta simply by fiddling with a couple of flags. What had to be figured out by looking at hex code in one game could easilly be figured out just by playing with the other. The flag menu lets you see what is going on as the game progresses, when you interact with objects, when you solve puzzles, when you watch cutscenes, every single tiny action is controlled by it and we can watch it happen in real time, even control it our selves within reason of course. Even though BH1, BH1.5, BH2 etc are all different I would bet the same design principles were used in the making of the game to handle object interaction, puzzle solving, cutscene advancement, etc. While the games are different, I'll bet that to a competent hacker/programmer knowledge gained from studying the Biohazard beta would teach them where to look and give them a far greater idea on what's actually going on as they look at the code in Bhiohazard 2/3, perhaps to the extent of being able to write their own script and change the nature of puzzles or rewrite cutscenes in the PC games.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
        Of course it would require a lot of work, as far as I know we haven't invented magic yet.
        pfft, magic! Ha, what a silly notion... magic... <_< *hides copyright submission forms for the magic I invented* No such thing.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
        Thanks for the compliment, although I'm no hacker. I've just spent a lot of time with the Biohazard beta. But I can deffinately see where it can be useful, for example, an exploit which is used in the Biohazard 2 Trial Edition to allow you to move during cutscenes and advance further in the demo is possible in the Biohazard beta simply by fiddling with a couple of flags. What had to be figured out by looking at hex code in one game could easilly be figured out just by playing with the other. The flag menu lets you see what is going on as the game progresses, when you interact with objects, when you solve puzzles, when you watch cutscenes, every single tiny action is controlled by it and we can watch it happen in real time, even control it our selves within reason of course. Even though BH1, BH1.5, BH2 etc are all different I would bet the same design principles were used in the making of the game to handle object interaction, puzzle solving, cutscene advancement, etc. While the games are different, I'll bet that to a competent hacker/programmer knowledge gained from studying the Biohazard beta would teach them where to look and give them a far greater idea on what's actually going on as they look at the code in Bhiohazard 2/3, perhaps to the extent of being able to write their own script and change the nature of puzzles or rewrite cutscenes in the PC games.
        Seems completely feasible, but finding said programmer would be the most difficult thing of all unfortunately. Nine times out of ten, programmers at that skill level are off getting paid sixty dollars an hour and have little interest in hacking games from the late nineties. :S
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
          pfft, magic! Ha, what a silly notion... magic... <_< *hides copyright submission forms for the magic I invented* No such thing.

Seems completely feasible, but finding said programmer would be the most difficult thing of all unfortunately. Nine times out of ten, programmers at that skill level are off getting paid sixty dollars an hour and have little interest in hacking games from the late nineties. :S
          Yup, that's the sad reality of it! Even the best of the best like Dominion haven't got the spare time to continue with their projects, the work involved must be truely time consuming and not worth the efforts.
          Last edited by Guest; 05-19-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
            Excuse me? Impossible? Have you seen the number of games/mods that have been created with the unreal engine? Nothing's easier.
            You mean those rooms edited to fit pre-rendered backgrounds?
            Or even the new skins?
            LOL, That is easy as hell.

What is hard is the characters animation & programming.
            That guy from Dark Biohazard just made things larger/smaller/changed skins and etc.
            I've never seen a MOD where there was a real change, like new enemies or things like that.
            I would cut my head if someone even could create the spider-man animation and attacks.
            That would take ages.

Comment

Making RE 1.5 is not that hard, but not with old engines, take advantage of new engines such as Unreal Engine 3 and the process would be much easier.

Comment

I've kinda said this before, but I'll say it again: To be honest, regarding the RE community and mods, I've always felt that it's not exactly been streets ahead with its stuff and progress. Rather the complete opposite.

If I wanted someone to solve a technical riddle for me; chances are I'd open my eyes and look at what people are doing in other communities and more or less build my own little dream team.

ASSEMBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  I've kinda said this before, but I'll say it again: To be honest, regarding the RE community and mods, I've always felt that it's not exactly been streets ahead with its stuff and progress. Rather the complete opposite.

If I wanted someone to solve a technical riddle for me; chances are I'd open my eyes and look at what people are doing in other communities and more or less build my own little dream team.

ASSEMBLE!
                  *Has assembled* Let's do this shit.... whatever it is. <_<
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X