Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Placement of characters and importance in the series (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wesker's Report even with its alterations years later still bring up Leon and the anti-Umbrella organization. You make it sound as though Leon can only work alongside one group at a time when it's established that multiple characters have in fact worked with or were part of more than one organization.

RE3's writer didn't write Wesker's Report so I'm not going against the one who wrote it. And his claim is that it's parallel (as it ended up being out of RE4) doesn't contradict the epilogues. And since he didn't write it they would be separate despite being connected with the game series. But he also notes in your own interview the idea of possible inconsistencies.

Mr. Katoh wrote Wesker's Report around the same time that BIOHAZARD 3 was being developed, so there may be some inconsistencies between his work and the world that I created.

The content of each BIOHAZARD universe is complete and independent from each other. We pour our hearts into each work, and are passionate about creating the best entertainment possible. I hope the fans of the series are able to enjoy each and every one of them as they are.
    Now you've tried to make connections to WR and the epilogues with the idea that Wesker is keeping an eye on Sherry despite not actually taking her from the Government. And there's nothing to suggest using one's self to be involved with more than one organization to be an issue. Your beef isn't with the placement of characters. It's the writing in general.

As for me, Barry is a character who was given a path of potential and not properly followed upon with the exception of Gaiden that ended up as non canon.
    Last edited by Smiley; 05-17-2012, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
      Wesker's Report even with its alterations years later still bring up Leon and the anti-Umbrella organization. You make it sound as though Leon can only work alongside one group at a time when it's established that multiple characters have in fact worked with or were part of more than one organization.

RE3's writer didn't write Wesker's Report so I'm not going against the one who wrote it. And his claim is that it's parallel (as it ended up being out of RE4) doesn't contradict the epilogues. But he also notes in your own interview the idea of possible inconsistencies.

Now you've tried to make connections to WR and the epilogues with the idea that Wesker is keeping an eye on Sherry despite not actually taking her from the Government. And there's nothing to suggest using one's self to be involved with more than one organization. Your beef isn't with the placement of characters. It's the writing in general.

As for me, Barry is a character who was given a path of potential and not properly followed upon with the exception of Gaiden that ended up as non canon.
      Wesker's Report has only had one revision, which was made before GAIDEN's release. Until we get an interview with the current writers we won't know exactly why they haven't remedied the inconsistency yet. Yes, Leon can only work alongside one group at a time when another group you're trying to justify simply doesn't exist. How surprising that you would bring more speculation into the mix despite having nothing to go on and already having the explanation spoon-fed to you. GAIDEN is parallel because it's not part of the canon, and was never intended to be, not because it contradicts BH4 (all versions that included Leon). Kawamura would know about the gaiden policy more than most considering BH3 was originally titled, "BIOHAZARD GAIDEN" for the specific reason that it was not part of the official plot, before Okamoto announced that it would be part of the canon, so the name was changed to "BIOHAZARD 1.9" and it was rewritten.

Wesker having spies in the government is what was intended in Wesker's Report, and it's what the current writers go by.

I haven't tried to make any connections. I'm telling you what the facts are, but you're too stuck-up on speculation and your convenient, illogical views on things to bother taking any of it in. We're done here, I've sufficiently proven your bullshit wrong so many times already that I don't feel the need to continue in light of you offering up nothing to support your arguments. I have no issue with you choosing to be ignorant.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Those revisions related to Sherry being in Wesker's hands and Wesker underestimating Birkin's girl. Both of which didn't interfere with Gaiden.

We're discussing the same main game series with different writers drawing on the same characters and others. Since nothing at the time contradicted Gaiden it's not unheard of to discredit the anti-umbrella organization at a time where everyone of the main protagonists was plotting against them. It existed by Wesker's Report (which in turn was used to connect to Code Veronica) and followed upon by Gaiden.

So again your beef is with the writing as a whole and not so much placement of characters. This is better suited to your topic on inconsistencies. Considering RE3 was originally a Gaiden title, and with its change to canon we can acknowledge that two writers handling important character details in the main series can conflict with each other to be a serious problem. One you've tried your best to tie together.

As far as the stories themselves are concerned though RE4 was what stamped Gaiden with "non-canon". Because whatever conflicts you have between 3 and Gaiden just aren't met as impossibilities or retcons. Like justifying Wesker and Sherry using the report and epilogue. Both were ultimately used to further the story along such as how Wesker's revival was noted in the report and shown in Umbrella Chronicles; and how Claire was said to be captured in the epilogue as shown in Code Veronica.

The fact is if you're going on about the canon we could spend all day on the specifics. But as for the characters it's shown that Barry and HUNK were set to be followed upon and somewhere down the line they were left behind. I don't know why they were, but they are nevertheless. And that is why I feel they are missed opportunities.
        Last edited by Smiley; 05-17-2012, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Topic, minions. Topic.

Comment

Working...
          X