RE:Rumors/Cheats/Lies, Oh My!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE:Rumors/Cheats/Lies, Oh My!

Long before the age of the internet, when one could simply move their fingers about and get an answer within seconds...there was word of mouth. Unfortunately, many rumors were spread this way and at the time of 1996, my ten year old brain believed them all. Here's a few of the biggest lies I ever heard for RE1.

1. If you beat the game in S Rank, (or was it the mythological Z or X rank?) and did certain things along the way, you would unlock the JET PACK. Flying all over the damn mansion, that would have been interesting. To hell with brad, grab Jill and fly away Rocketeer style. Sorry about your luck Barry and Rebecca, maybe you should have beat the game on Z mode.

2. The infamous naked Jill code. God knows we tried.

3. There's a secret passage behind the main hall staircase. Turns out it was not too far from the truth looking at the remake, not very secretive though.

4. If you wait long enough outside by the boiler, where the dogs, herbs, etc. is, a zombie Joseph walks up to the fence.

Share.
    Last edited by REmaster; 05-13-2012, 11:02 PM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Wasn't there a rumour about a button combo you could press at the beginning of the original game, to suddenly find yourself in the labs?
    lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Playable Akuma in RE2.
      Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Only rumor I took to heart had to do with RE4 and using the chainsaw as a weapon.

Comment

Hermione dies.

Wait...

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrant Rose View Post
            Hermione dies.

Wait...
            lol

I remember a rumor I heard about RE3 back in the day. If you completed a certain series of events (forgot them since then. xD) and went into a specific room and used the code 'up up down down left right left right aim' it would unlock Leon and Chris as playable characters. XD
            sigpic

Comment

I remember the pick up Wesker's glasses to unlock him in CODE Veronica battle mode.

And collect every file, under 3 hours, S rank, to unlock Hunk in the CODE Veronica battle mode (think someone even did a mock up with that)
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

What a shame. Some of these rumors like picking up Wesker's glasses would have actually been pretty neat.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Keep all the keys in RE1 (rather than discarding them) and you'd get something...other than a box full of used keys.

Comment

There was a rumor in my town that you could play as Nemesis.....in RE2!! Seriously?

Comment

You know, what exactly is the reason for Capcom giving the option of keeping keys?

There might be something behind this ... >: D
                      sigpic

Comment

Some more recent ones just to show how no matter how easy information is to come by, people are too stupid and lazy to check anything out.

- the fourth live action movie would be an adaptation of RE4 and Leon would be played by Jesen Ackles.

- RE6 will be a reboot of the franchise.

- RE6 will be in Brazil with Barry and Carlos fighting through infected native capybaras, anacondas and caiman.

- Carlos is Brazillian.

Comment

Originally posted by alexdz View Post
                          Some more recent ones just to show how no matter how easy information is to come by, people are too stupid and lazy to check anything out.

- the fourth live action movie would be an adaptation of RE4 and Leon would be played by Jesen Ackles.

- RE6 will be a reboot of the franchise.

- RE6 will be in Brazil with Barry and Carlos fighting through infected native capybaras, anacondas and caiman.

- Carlos is Brazillian.
                          I remember when they said RE6 would be in Brazil with Barry. Man, these guys are insane.
                          After that, they started saying the bald guy was Steve, still after that, trying to say the monster pursuing the bald guy was Steve.

The Brazil community of RE fans sometimes are a bunch of...

Comment

RE5 would be good.

Comment

There was one along the lines of reach the RPD in RE2 without picking up any items, go to the gate across from the main door and you'd be able to open the gate. Once outside, you'd play a small section as Rebecca on the streets of Raccoon City. Oh how many times I tried...

Comment

Working...
                              X