Why Sherry Being "Superhuman" Is Not New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    The series was always a franchise catered to the younger crowd. I'm hesitant to say that the only difference is that younger people have increasingly shittier tastes these days, because that sounds like whippersnapper talk, but yeah... that's the case. The industry itself also has major problems that have introduced a bottleneck in terms of style/quality/mass appeal.
    Heh, you're talking to someone that was there from the start, bud. I know it always catered to a crowd that was 'younger' than the one suggested by the ESRB (17 and older... tee-hee! Right).

What I meant to say by Caps going after the 'younger' crowd, is that they now want an even younger user base (screw us old farts!). Y'know, the same that made Power Rangers/Bieber/CoD/etc. such a mega hits... Yeah, 8 year olds.
    Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
    sigpic

Comment

The series was always a franchise catered to the younger crowd. I'm hesitant to say that the only difference is that younger people have increasingly shittier tastes these days, because that sounds like whippersnapper talk, but yeah... that's the case. The industry itself also has major problems that have introduced a bottleneck in terms of style/quality/mass appeal.
      Well said.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

• Originally posted by REmaster View Post
        Well said.
        You should've said THIS.

That sounded very kissy assy.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
          Heh, you're talking to someone that was there from the start, bud. I know it always catered to a crowd that was 'younger' than the one suggested by the ESRB (17 and older... tee-hee! Right).

What I meant to say by Caps going after the 'younger' crowd, is that they now want an even younger user base (screw us old farts!). Y'know, the same that made Power Rangers/Bieber/CoD/etc. such a mega hits... Yeah, 8 year olds.
          And if they didn't, the series wouldn't still be going. It's their biggest (or second biggest?) franchise. It not having mass appeal, whatever the mass is, would just kill the series outright. The development team themselves are also under pressure from CAPCOM management, who want numbers more than anything else. And to be fair to them, they have kept the quality quite high.

Anyway, back to the actual topic please. You can make another topic for the whole action debate.
          Last edited by News Bot; 05-29-2012, 04:02 PM.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

And if they didn't, the series wouldn't still be going. It's their biggest (or second biggest?) franchise. It not having mass appeal, whatever the mass is, would just kill the series outright. The development team themselves are also under pressure from CAPCOM management, who want numbers more than anything else. And to be fair to them, they have kept the quality quite high.
            sigpic

Comment

CAPCOM didn't develop Operation Raccoon City.

Comment

CAPCOM didn't develop Operation Raccoon City.
                That's irrelevant. Neither was UC or DSC. And yet those are canon (in part).

Anyway, Capcom considers ORC a FLAGSHIP title. They made that very clear in their last financial report. Even boasting that Operation Raccoon City was now the publisher's 25th best-selling title of all time....

...of all time.
                sigpic

Comment

• I dont see any problems with raccoon city really... a multiplayer shooter, is what it is.. and about all the glitches you all talk about, i dident encounter a single one.

Comment

• Originally posted by rehunk88 View Post
                    I dont see any problems with raccoon city really... a multiplayer shooter, is what it is.. and about all the glitches you all talk about, i dident encounter a single one.

Neither did Slant Six or Capcom.

So don't ask them for patches...or to read this thread: http://www.capcom-unity.com/resident_evil/go/thread/view/7391/29008605/RE:ORC_BugGlitch_thread

A quality FLAGSHIP title right there.
                    Last edited by Pikminister; 05-29-2012, 04:18 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I played that game for many hours, and i got nothing of that.

Comment

That's irrelevant. Neither was UC or DSC. And yet those are canon (in part).

Anyway, Capcom considers ORC a FLAGSHIP title. They made that very clear in their last financial report. Even boasting that Operation Raccoon City was now the publisher's 25th best-selling title of all time....

...of all time.
                        How is it irrelevant? And UC and DC were developed by CAPCOM. It was a collaboration with cavia. ORC was left to Slant Six almost completely. cavia was a pretty well-regarded developer (Nier, Drakengard) while Slant Six are worthless.

So what are you trying to say? It sold well. The company took note of the fact that a third-person RE shooter is in high demand. That's a problem with people.

Once again, back on topic or go create a new one.
                        Last edited by News Bot; 05-29-2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• I had like 1 or 2 glitches the whole time I have played orc... some people just want to be negative Nancie's and find shit to complain about because they aren't happy because it's not a perfect world they envisioned...blah blah blah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stars_g36 View Post
                            I had like 1 or 2 glitches the whole time I have played orc... some people just want to be negative Nancie's and find shit to complain about because they aren't happy because it's not a perfect world they envisioned...blah blah blah.
                            Wise beyond his years... probably.
                            sigpic

Comment

How is it irrelevant? And UC and DC were developed by CAPCOM. It was a collaboration with cavia. ORC was left to Slant Six almost completely. cavia was a pretty well-regarded developer (Nier, Drakengard) while Slant Six are worthless.

So what are you trying to say? It sold well. The company took note of the fact that a third-person RE shooter is in high demand. That's a problem with people.

Once again, back on topic or go create a new one.
                              We both went off topic. So quit imitating Darkmoon only when it's convenient.

Now, I was on topic but then you started with the whole "Capcom needs a cashcow and they won't find it unless they target kids with something they will like. And I see no problem with that because the products they release are quality shit". And I put forward ORC just to show what a bunch of baloney that line of thought is. you think ORC doesn't count because Capcom didn't made it. Like I said, totally irrelevant. Capcom wanted that game made and actively went out of their way to get it made. Looking for a western dev to make it all happen. So like it or not, ORC is a game that CAPCOM PUBLISHED and that they consider a FLAGSHIP title. It's their game and it's presently included among their best titles.... ever.

Now if you wanna go back on topic, let me repeat myself again: regurgitating canon files and virus talk that justifies the existence of superhuman characters in the series, doesn't change a bit the fact that their inclusion as protagonist would potentially kill what was left of the survival element in 6 and future installments.
                              sigpic

Comment

• You drifted off-topic, I am merely correcting most things you say. The ORC example still stands. Had CAPCOM developed it, it would have probably been a little higher quality. They didn't. So it wasn't. They consider it such a flagship title (why do you capitalize this every time you say it?) because it sold more than the alternative (Revelations). What is the disagreement here, exactly?

And sorry, superhuman characters were always intended and featured the games. Being playable or not makes no difference, and they were planned for this purpose since 1998. Just because it took until now to have some playable does not change 14-15 years of intention side-tracked by outside factors. And cry me a river on the death of the "survival element" when you know literally nothing about that particular scenario so far and it still remains a single scenario out of a three or four scenario game.

Back on topic now. You are free to shit up another topic with bitching.

Comment

Working...
                                X