Poll: RE6 TEAM T-shirt design.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: RE6 TEAM T-shirt design.

As of now we haven't settled on a place to print the shirts. But a big thanks goes out to all the users that sent me suggestions. It's really appreciated. Enetirnel and I are deciding on the style of shirt, and with the input of Canas Renvall and Mr. Spencer we've been torn on finalizing the shirt design. So what better than to let the majority of you decide on the final outcome of the T-shirts.

The decision is regarding the back. Which design do you prefer? The one at the bottom with the white 'giraffe logo' outlined or do you prefer the top one with just the outline?

I'll leave this up for a week while we finish organizing to get the shirts printed. Having both made is possible, but vote as though you can only choose one style.

Click image for larger version

Name:	REshirtbeta12.png
Views:	1
Size:	656.1 KB
ID:	406083
    Outline (no white)
    57.14%
    White (with outline)
    42.86%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Smiley; 05-28-2012, 02:07 AM.

Ah Man, both look good but I opted for the outline. I'd totally go for a Team Jake if I wasn't afraid a 'Team Edward' fan would jump me due to a misunderstanding that is bound to occur.

Comment

Looking badass man. Looking forward to purchasing one of these
      PSN Gamercards

Comment

Wow at this point you may have to have both variants, although you could always flip a coin or pick which ever one you like lol. I went with the white myself, just for the sake of the number looking more visible and detailed. The election continues.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
          Ah Man, both look good but I opted for the outline. I'd totally go for a Team Jake if I wasn't afraid a 'Team Edward' fan would jump me due to a misunderstanding that is bound to occur.
          A sleeve could be customized with a patch (S.T.A.R.S./B.S.A.A./Whatever Jake's one is off the Capcom store either iron-on, stitched on).

Anyway, I think if there were to be any further requests - message Smiley if anything else is needed/wanted on them to avoid the Twilight shit I suppose. (I think having the character patches would be cool, but that would most likely increase the cost of having the shirts made so I'm unsure of what to really say on it).

Those are the variants I did up for Smiley, there were also some of the other/fake six logo but we all agreed that the Giraffe looking one looked better. So if there were to be any changes or the like, I'd probably end up doing some more mock-ups.

I prefer the white one myself... But that's probably because I had to redraw the logo myself. ^^;

And as for details on colour choices and styling -

The Chris one also uses a modified version of Impact to match the original game logo type, I figured that since a lot of newer players came in on 4 that using the later font style would be better and for Jake, to match the 6 logo type.

The colours Smiley chose to represent the characters, clearly Chris has the good old green, Leon has blue for the R.P.D. uniform we all know, Jake has black - mainly because he's bit of a mystery still and that the gear he wears - the images have been looking a bit purple-ish and I don't think people want a purple shirt.

The outline colours (redish-orange with yellow on the inside closer to the text/logo itself) were sampled from Wesker's eyes on CODE: Veronica X, these same colours are used on the patch on Jake's coat from what I can see of it. Bit ironic, but worked regardless after I noticed the factor of that.

There were some other ideas, but they may have been over the top OR could also raise the printing prices (and therefore the end price to break even at least) on the shirts so for now, we're keeping them simple and clean (oh, hah. Kingdom Hearts pun couldn't be helped).

[EDIT]

And damn it. I just noticed, the top ones - the Team Jake and the word TEAM isn't using the corrected font to look like the RE6 title font.

I'll have to fix that up later.

Just a head's up on the difference - the E character, the middle stroke actually goes out to the same length, not what is shown on that one.

I had too many layers in Photoshop up to notice I hadn't changed it to the corrected look.
          Last edited by Enetirnel; 05-28-2012, 05:56 AM.
          sigpic
          Non-blurry Signature Version
          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Team Jake Outline without white looks Nice , However i do think Team Chris and Leon look better with white , Voted for Outline only though
            Darkness : Tactical reload wasn't even in deadly silence LMAO
            ^ Lol ...

Comment

Jake's color is the only shirt that looks better with an outline. Chris/Leon look better filled in / solid white.

Solid > Outline anyways.

How much will these cost?
              Last edited by Chris' Boob; 05-28-2012, 01:01 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

That will depend on the company that prints them. But for now we're settling on a final design to submit.

Comment

Bring the words down a bit, more to mid-chest. I like the outline better for all the shirts. Not crazy about the font. Needs something blocker and sans serif, like Helvetica bold in all caps.

Comment

I prefer just the outline over the filled white letter, seems more foreboding and horror-like. I think they look awesome regardless! But, I have to say honestly, I won't be wearing this shirt on the way down to the shop to pick up RE6... I'll be more like this.

http://www.gifbin.com/982022

(You know that you all will feel the same way. xD)
                    Last edited by AsteroidBlues; 05-28-2012, 03:40 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ooorrrr...make all the letters bold. That just occurred to me.

Comment

I like the first option better (outline without being filled in). The color themes look nice; good job to all involved.
                        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Tyrant Rose, the serif font is being used for a reason - to match the RE6 logo type itself. However, in the samples shown - the corrected one to match the actual logo aren't being shown as I have previously mentioned.

The text is not and will not be bolded as there is actually a secondary layer (a gray colour) like on the 6 logo before the colour outline that fattens up the text a bit more (and is something that has been done on every RE game logo).

The text is also positioned where Smiley had it on his rough look, it's not completely mid-chest so it's visible to be read properly - not across the chest region because I quite frankly hate having text or designs that get cut off due to a person's proportions - so having it a little higher makes more sense to me.

That and considering some of the reports I get from other members, or having a tit comment the other day - it also makes that crap avoidable too by placing it higher.

Not only that, but should we make any further changes and include anything else - there's more room on the shirt that way too.

So, the front is staying the way it is - as Smiley said in the first post - the poll and discussion is purely regarding the back of the t-shirt.

That and because I'd rather them to also look different from every other bold, either Impact, Helvetica and/or any other sans-serif font boring and plain team shirts I've seen around (I went to a girl's school and saw probably every fucking Twilight team shirt at a point in time).

The design will be uniform, so should there be a demand for other characters from 6 that Smiley may consider (Sherry and so-on) then the same sort of styling will be done. However, if the male character shirts end up being the outline-only (which I don't exactly like) then if there are female character ones done then I'll probably push for white with outline (such as Sherry) to go with her old blue/white look from 2.
                          Last edited by Enetirnel; 05-28-2012, 11:09 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

OK, I wasn't not going to buy the hell out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrant Rose View Post
                              OK, I wasn't not going to buy the hell out of them.
                              I did go into detail on the font previously as I thought I may need to on the topic as I had when Smiley, Canas, Spencer and myself were discussing them.

But anyway, if people request other character shirts to Smiley then they will probably follow the same format - font type for 6 for Team, 6 logo, colour representing that character and the font type of either their original game OR a game that they're notably known for (such as 4 for Leon, thought the blue was enough of a throwback to his uniform in 2).

The full-size text is actually thicker than what it looks like on the small mock-up shown, and the serif face is slightly different on the final ones I have on top of essentially a grey outline that also doubles as a solid shadow and a large outline that eventually fades out.

As for why the final one isn't shown, I got mixed up with the upper text layers when going over all of the different looks for the back of the shirts when I gave Smiley the image for the poll.

And I didn't feel that the full-scale text would be needed to show people for a poll for the back of the shirt.

Anyway, hope that makes a bit more sense now. If you or anyone else is interested in other character ones, then you'll have to send Smiley a message.

Sorry if I sounded (or am sounding) a bit bitchy - just got out of work a short bit ago and had to walk in the rain (with having the flu already) so I'm in bit of a bad mood and am probably going to go and have a nap to sleep it off now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X