Code Veronica Discussion Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUT I DUN WANNA RUN!

Eh, I can't say the primary reason for my preference is above personal gripes, but I like RE3 anyway. I just prefer Code Veronica- for me it's much easier to slip into for a full playthrough, or at least until Claire gets to aAntarctica.

Comment

It's an okay game, I liked it but it's not one my favorites. The lack of pre-rendered backgrounds make the game look very dated to me, the backtracking was a little annoying at times but not as big as people make it seem to be, aside from the Bandersnatches and Hunters the other enemies were kind of dull and, of course, there's Steve, I don't understand why people want him back so much, every male character that appears in a trailer have people screaming "Steve!" like he was the most loved character in the series.

Comment

CVX has my favorite story in the entire series (tied with RE2). It was dark, creepy, and very emotional. I felt that because there were so few characters in the game, they were better fleshed out and more interesting than those of past games. Steve, for example, showed a lot of character development, which was something you don't even get from the main protagonists! The game also features the only appearance of Chris where he doesn't bore the hell out of me (although that may change with RE6 on the way).

The good:
        - Claire Redfield
        - Awesome atmosphere
        - Rockfort and the Antarctic facility are two of the most memorable locations in the series
        - I loved the backtracking, as it made the locations come to life

The bad:
        - A lot of the gameplay, especially when compared to the past games
        - Lack of pre-rendered backgrounds (I think more detail could have been added to them)
        - Severe lack of replayability
        - Linear and boring battle game
        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
          There's absolutely no reason to hate the game. [/COLOR]
          Compared to RE3 the gameplay is awful, Steve is an abomination of a character, the graphics are foggy, the game is censored, the main villain is ridiculous, there's no replay value, the bonus mode is crappy, and I can go on.

The only things I enjoyed are the 3d graphics and the music. Nearly everything else was to throw out of the window.

Oh, and the game introduced things like Wesker running against walls and Chris bending a steel bar when trying to hit him. It was introduced in the complete edition, but from this game everything started to become grotesque super-hero-style. I absolutely hate that.

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
          I'm struggling to see how the gameplay is ANY different from the first 3.
          You're kidding right. It's like saying the gameplay of Doom is similar to the gameplay of Crysis 2.

The movements are terribly rigid, there's no way to dodge enemies, you can't walk freely on stairs, etc. The gameplay was a huge regression, it was more similar to RE1 than it was to the latest titles.
          Last edited by Rick Hunter; 06-11-2012, 03:30 PM.

Comment

The game has some good writing, and certain areas have a lot of atmosphere.... but the controls are awkward even by the series standard, definately feels clunky like RE1 rather than it's other sequels. The 3D backgrounds are mostly terrible too. I like the villians, who may be eccentric, but at least they have mental issues in a similar way to the RPD Chief rather than just being "crazy evil" for the sake of it. Steve is a immense retard though, it could have been helped if this voice acting wasn't so god awful ...but as it is, he sounds and acts like nails on a chalkboard. The people that seem to want him back every time a new unknown character is announced in the series need a kick in the teeth.

Besides this it also has a few issues having followed such PS1 classics - there is no alternate play through, no B scenario, no "fight or run" option: zippo. As many of the fans found as newbs to CV and CVX back at the time, it also has some terrible ammo problems half way through. Why is there no difficulty option? RE3 was fun to replay sometimes on easy just to blast everything.
            Last edited by Code_R; 06-11-2012, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Code Veronica was always one of my Favorite RE game, but REDCDS was my first. CVX is a great game but it can run a tad too long for my liking. Backtracking never bothered me really but in CVX there was a lot of it.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
              X