Order Your RE/BH Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order Your RE/BH Games

I'm sure these threads creep up every once and a while, but outside of a "3 worst" games thread from about 5 months ago, a search didn't show up anything recently about listing and ordering favorites in the series.

What games you choose to apply to the list are up to you, but I'm going to stick with the main series canon and only games that I've played. These include RE0, 1/REmake, 2, 3, Code: Veronica, 4, 5, and Revelations. I've played Darkside and Umbrella Chronicles, as well, but I treat them more as a greatest hits compilation with a few unreleased tracks added in, more than official main games; even though the additions are canon. I'm just trying to order the main series in my own head for fun.

8. Code: Veronica
    -I already mentioned why it doesn't really hold up for me in the CV thread, so I'm not going to get all into that again. Not bad, but definitely my least favorite in the main series to play.

7. Resident Evil 0
    -I love the environments (the training facility is amazing!) and music, and Rebecca finally get a chance to shine, but the entire game feels a bit like a missed opportunity. I think there was a lot Capcom could have done with a prequel, like putting Rebecca with another Bravo team member and made Marcus less of a cartoon. His outfit and singing are probably the most embarrassing thing in the canon series' history.

6. Resident Evil 2
    -I'll probably catch flack for having this so low, but it just never, ever grabbed me like it seems to have with others. I was so into the original, from its setting to the characters, that when I was Leon/Claire in the city it just didn't feel like the same game I fell in love with. I much prefer RE1... as you'll see.

5. Resident Evil 3
    -Good game, but middle of the road for me in regards to the franchise. I don't really dislike anything about it, but it's not one I crave to play much.

4. Revelations
    -Nice return to form with some exploration, puzzles, interesting enemies and varied environments. A better-paced story would have helped it.

3. Resident Evil 5 (Gold Edition)
    -I really do love this game. I agree that the forced co-op is lame and Wesker begins to be a comic villain, but the creators at least acknowledge as much and let us kill the bastard. I always hated the character and because Capcom (possibly intentionally) made him such an annoying cunt I was glad to finally off him. Plus, I'm a mark for Chris, so getting to be him again helped this game in my eyes. I'm also a big fan of the story... I love getting to see the Umbrella facility in Africa and learning more about Spencer and his intentions. I mention the "Gold Edition" specifically because Lost In Nightmares is one of my favorite RE experiences ever, and helps bump this game a bit.

2. Resident Evil 4 HD
    -Again, I go with a special edition because it looks the best and has all the goodies related to the game. Okay, so the story in this one blew friggin' chunks (oustide of Ada's parts), but I love, love, love the gameplay and I think the atmosphere was actually pretty good (until the end of the industrial island when all the soldier Ganados show up). It was definitely "actiony," but it still had great environments and a few puzzles to help mix up the pacing.

1. REmake
    -RE1 will always hold a special place in my heart, but REmake was one of those rare occasions when a game company takes their baby and amplifies what was good about it without sacrificing anything from the original, all while making it feel fresh and new. It's a complete anomaly of gaming how this game plays and feels like RE1 for PS1 while still playing and feeling better and completely fresh... it's a paradox. The most significant game in the series, story-wise, also still has some of the best graphics and definitely has the best atmosphere. It's also a perfect blend of action and puzzles. I simply can't ever see another RE game beating this one in my mind.

How about you?

100) Resident Evil 5
    7) Resident Evil 3
    6) Resident Evil 4
    5) Resident Evil
    4) Umbrella Chronicles
    3) Resident Evil REmake
    2) Darkside Chronicles
    1) Resident Evil 2

RE2 is my all time favourite game from the series, it did everything RE1 did but more. RE5 is my worst game in the series I really couldn't care for this game at all, it just wasn't fun it didn't even feel like a RE game to me. Having to look after Serry or Ashley was bad enough let alone having Sheva follow me around for the entire game. Strangely some of my favourite RE games are the Wii shooters, they were just so chilled getting to sit back and pop zombies in the head, getting to relive some albeit badly re-enacted scenarios was a lot of fun and the gore levels were there. REmake is just beautiful how can an old school RE fan not like it? RE was the classic, 4 was pretty good, so was RE3, everything else was okay but nothing special in my book. RE games are so varied in quality and content it's hard for me to like all of them.
    Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2012, 01:33 PM.

Comment

1) Resident Evil 1/Remake

The first resident evil I played and owned, love every minute of this masterpiece. No other game has ever been able to top it's atmosphere yet. Great characters, great enemies and the "Real Survivor" mode was amazing, I haven't played anything like this mode again, it was real survival horror. The story is great too.

2) Resident Evil 5

I really don't get the hate for this game, I really don't. The AI was great, I didn't had problems with it, the multiplayer was amazing, both Mercenaries and Versus. Both DLC scenarios were great as well. The Story is probably my favorite in the whole series, answered a lot of my questions I had since I started the series all the way back to 2002. It finally closed plot lines as well, the bosses were actually good to me.

3) Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Nemesis...Holy shit, the tension this boss gives the entire game is really something else isn't it? I also like the feel of the city and Nicholai was really a great villain. That Barry cameo at the end was a nice nod to his debt to Jill. Combining gunpowder was a nice feature. Nemesis appearance and Brad death is one of the best cut scenes of the series, very well done.

4) Resident Evil 2

Another great game in the series, exploring the RPD was just as good as exploring the mansion in the 1st Resident Evil, Leon was actually a nice character here (It seems to get better again in RE6), I loved Claire and found Ada interesting. The used of 2 scenarios was genius and I really liked Birkin's boss battles. The secret Brad zombie was great.

5) Resident Evil Revelations

The first real portable Resident Evil, It was worth buying the system for it, it had an interesting story (wish it had a bit more relevance to the series though), interesting characters that I wish that they return. Sadly while its atmosphere was good it didn't really matched Remakes atmosphere. The return of a Tyrant like creature was a nice surprise, Raid mode was good but I still prefer Mercenaries and Versus.

6) Resident Evil Code Veronica X

One of the interesting entries of the series, It was great to see Chris and Wesker again, the game did suffer from backtracking and other issues but the story made up for it. One of the best soundtracks of the series. The bosses sadly weren't memorable at all for me except for Nosferatu. The battle game was really good, being able to play in first person was something really great.

7) Resident Evil 4

Don't get me wrong I like Resident Evil 4, the gameplay was revolutionary but the story really...really disappointed me, it's rare that a game can do that in the first 2 minutes, I really didn't liked the villains except for Krauser but even then the way he was introduced was bad (big shot bad guy with a back story with Leon we didn't knew), Ada's and Wesker appearance were some of the few redeeming factors of the story. I hate what they did to Leon's persona, thank god it seems to be better in RE6. Mercenaries was surprisingly good.

8) Resident Evil 0

Never really got into this game to be honest, I need to play it more this summer, I really liked the backstory for Progenitor and the T virus, Wesker and Birkin scenes were great, I wished Bravo team had a bit more of a role. Never cared for Leach Hunter.

I haven't played all the spinoffs (Only played a bit of Survivor and the Outbreaks) and I think I would never play Deam Aim (No PS2) but After I played the Chronicles I'll try to rank them.
      Last edited by Vito; 06-13-2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I'll stick with the main series here, otherwise it would get pretty confusing. This list also changes quite often, although the changes are nothing too drastic.

8. Resident Evil 5

Easily the biggest disappointment of the series for me. I've always loved RE for being almost always single-player exclusive, and even in games where you could play co-op (the Outbreaks), you could still play solo (without AI teammates) if you so desired. RE5 did not allow for this, and dragging Sheva along everywhere was a massive annoyance for me. I found her AI to be sub-par, since she never did what I told her to do; there was no "wait near the entrance door while I do everything since this series has always been single-player, and come when I call you when I'm ready to leave the area" option. Beyond Sheva's AI and forced partnership ruining the game for me, I have a boatload of other complaints - terribly linear level design (little exploration), boring enemies, a cliche madman Wesker... I could go on, but I won't. I really just don't like this game.

I will say that I enjoyed the two DLC packs (LIN and DE) more than anything in the main game. Not quite sure why; lack of Sheva perhaps?

7. Revelations

Hyped to be a return to survival horror, I'm glad I didn't get my hopes too high for this game. It wasn't bad in the slightest - the sections on the ship (even with a forced AI partner) were creepy and very atmospheric. However, it wasn't the return to the old feel, regardless of how it was advertised. The interesting ship chapters were broken up by monotonous side stories where you essentially trekked from one bland arena to the next fighting BOWs. Not interested; if I was, I'd play Mercenaries. The story was also extremely convoluted and felt massive just for the sake of being epic (floating cities), which I disliked. Add to that a bunch of new and (mostly) uninteresting characters that aside from a few don't make any kind of dent in the overall story of the games, and you have a pretty average game.

6. Resident Evil Zero

While I don't think this game is bad, it suffered from several annoying mechanics. The lack of an item box was a massive pain, although I did like the idea of dropping stuff anywhere - why couldn't we have had them both? The hookshot was a pain in the ass, although it would have been less of one if item boxes were in the equation. Most of the enemies were uncreative, enlarged versions of things that Capcom probably thought would be frightening but just ended up being hilariously ridiculous. The story was absolutely terrible, possibly being the worst in the main series - robed opera singer leech Marcus on top of a cliff, Rebecca acting like queen badass one day and a scared little girl the next, "Umbrella will burn in an inferno of hate!" Ugh. The entire plot felt incredibly forced. The only parts that I thought were well-done were the Wesker and Birkin bits.

I must say that the locations in this game are amongst the best and most haunting in the series. Aside from a few geographical screw-ups, they were full of character - the lab under the church in particular is incredibly unsettling.

5. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

I used to think this game was complete filler when compared to the other older titles, but over the years I like it more and more. The story isn't its strongest point, which was kind of a letdown after the amazingness of RE2. When you take into account all the bits of the story that you don't actually witness (stuff from files and supplemental material), it gets more interesting, but it still can't complete with some of the others. Anyway, the gameplay was a huge improvement over RE2 - the ability to dodge, freely traverse staircases, the live selections, and the item randomization all made the game more interesting (not a huge fan of the ammo-making, though). My biggest complaint is that after the size of RE2, this game was incredibly short - it felt almost lazy by comparison. And yes, I am aware that it was originally just supposed to be a side story, but still.

4. Code: Veronica X

It was hard to not rank this higher, since it contains one of my favorite stories (and probably the darkest one) of the series. The Ashfords were amazing villains, the Redfields fighting side-by-side was a treat to see, and as obnoxious as Steve was, he was a great character. Add to that the incredible atmosphere of the locations, and you have the recipe for an excellent story. However, the gameplay is where it falls flat - there's little to no replayability, the characters' movements felt incredibly stiff, and the difficulty is unrelenting for a first-time player (even those who were familiar with the previous games). I didn't mind the backtracking that so many others complain about, though - in fact, I liked it a lot and feel it is missing from so many newer games because today's typical ADD gamer just seems to want to run in a straight line and kill everything in their path.

3. Resident Evil 4

I may get a lot of crap for this from the longtime series fans (which I am also one of), but the gameplay here simply can't be beaten. Out of all the RE games over the years, I probably play this one the most. Many claim it is exactly like RE5 but just single-player, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. In RE4, the inventory was incredibly detailed - I tire of people whining about having to play "inventory tetris" all the time, since it added a lot of replayability with how you wanted to customize it. Your AI "partner" did exactly what you told her to do, unlike Sheva. The locations were dark and full of character, unlike the bland settings of RE5. Finally, the game wasn't nearly as linear as RE5 was - you backtracked through locations and got an actual feel for them as opposed to them feeling like a minor obstacle on a roller coaster. I even think the story was dark and interesting, but suffered from bad execution (if that makes any sense).

Separate Ways was a fantastic addition to the game, and gave me an RE2 vibe with being able to see the same story through another character's perspective.

2. Resident Evil (Remake)

An absolute masterpiece, and one of the best games ever created in my opinion. The amount of tension, survival horror, and creepy atmosphere was through the roof in this title, and I highly doubt that Capcom will ever top it. It's a real shame that it is a Nintendo exclusive, since the other platforms have a larger fanbase for these types of games. Anyway, the game still holds up today (both gameplay and graphics-wise), and it's just a bummer that an RE game as perfect as this will probably never be made again.

1. Resident Evil 2

Always was, and probably always will be the pinnacle of the series. The story was intricate and interesting, the protagonists were all generally likeable, and the gameplay was fantastic. Rather than replicate the original game, Capcom took it in the opposite direction with the previously-seen chaos striking an entire city. Starting off in the street in the beginning was such a shock, since it just threw you right into the pandemonium. I may be a little bit biased with the story, since it contains my favorite RE villain, but I really do think it was fantastically done. You had to play the game four different times to get the full experience, and rarely was there a dull moment!

This barely beat out Remake, but I feel that with the multiple scenarios, this game is simply more replayable.
        Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 06-14-2012, 12:33 AM.
        Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Just main series?

1. RE3
          2. RE5
          3. REmake
          4. Revelations
          5. RE2
          6. RE0
          7. CV
          8. RE4
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

1. Resident Evil 4- When I first played this back in 2005, i was completely blown away by the graphics, gameplay, the new enemies, and the fact that Leon was back because he was always my favorite character. I have played though this game probably more than most people and i just never get bored of it.

2. Resident Evil 2- This was the first ever RE that i ever played and I instantly fell in love with it. Even though my 4 year old self sucked at it, i still kept playing until i mastered it. The characters, the atmosphere, the enemies, just everything was grade A perfect.

3. REmake- When I played this when it first came out, I was completely blown away by the graphics and how unbelieveably realistic the game was and this is the only RE game to date to actually scare me and make me jump.

4. Code Veronica- I remember playing this for the first time and I just loved how I could see my health status on the memory card thats in the controller of the Dreamcast. The music, the return of Claire and seeing Wesker be badass, just made this one hell of a fucking great game

5. Revelations- A great return to the classic style of RE with great puzzles, tense moments, and great singleplayer, it is a great return to basics.

6. Resident Evil 3- I remember being in the car on the way home with this game and when i played it i loved it because of the harsh moments with Nemesis and the heart pounding moments where he would bust out of nowhere, this really is one of RE's best

7. Resident Evil 0- Absolutely loved the atmosphere, the music, and the partnership of Rebecca and Billy but despised the fact that there was no item boxes and had to drop everything of in a certain room and had to come back for it later

8. Resident Evil 5- The most disappointing RE of all time. The ridiculous forced coop and the completely obvious copy-paste from RE4 with absolutely no horror elements what so ever (at least RE4 had alot of moments and the atmosphere) this is summed up Chris and Sheva in Africa killing Africans in pure daylight. And I was absolutely disgusted in the fact that Jill didnt assist Chris shooting rockets at Wesker, Sheva had no fucking place to.
            PSN Gamercards

Comment

8.RE5
              - Easily the most disappointing game in the series for me. Coming off of RE4, it's the equivalent of riding the world's best rollercoaster only to have a horse kick you in the teeth while you're getting off the ride. The game has next-to-nil atmosphere, the introduction of aggravating co-op mechanics such as Dying Status and 2-person doors, and it generally doesn't feel like RE.
              7.RECV
              - Before RE5, this was the game I had the most gripes with. Unlike most, I never cared for the story of Code Veronica. I felt that the villains in particular were godawful; say what you will about Salazar and "take over the United States through a half-baked scheme" Saddler, at least they don't set blood on fire and telepathically control some sort of tentacles that I'm guessing were only explained in supplemental material (and the fact that neither of them is a cross-dressing freak as their main selling point isn't bad either). Add to that the overabundant backtracking, the presence of "I'm soooorrry, Claire" Burnside (who isn't that bad, admittedly), and the generally awful pacing and you can see why it's my second least-favorite game in the series. Music was good, though.
              6.RE0
              - I don't actually think this game is nearly as grievous as people make it out to be (aside from the near-universal complaint of FF Opera Singer Marcus), but it does suffer from its own design choices. The concept of dropping items wasn't a horrible idea, but it ended up being more trouble than it was worth. I don't dislike the enemies either; in fact, I'll take Eliminators, Lurkers, and Mimicry Marcus over Albinoids, Bandersnatches, and [insert stupid-sounding Swahili name for RE5's creatures here] any day. I think the real disappointment for this game was that it followed in the wake of REmake, which was near-perfect and showed us how gorgeous pre-rendered backgrounds could be.
              5.REREV
              - I'm not totally sure this is where I want to place this game; it has issues, such as the forced co-op (though thankfully no baby-sitting the "I need a herb" AI) and extremely dull rail-shooting sections, but other than that it's a solid title. The atmosphere, for the most part, is there, and the Ooze make an interesting set of monsters that I wouldn't be opposed to seeing again in a future game. Some moments were genuinely creepy/tense, including a certain stalker enemy and the Comm Officer. The story is all-over the place, and I think a floating city might be the most outrageous thing done thus far (barring landing in an active volcano and earning not so much as a burn). Still, it felt like RE, and more to the point it added a little variety by telling the story from several points of view.
              4.RE3
              - Ah, Nemesis. RE3's memorable locales and faster pace lent it towards the term "action-oriented", but it still held classic RE tropes and introduced us to the most infamous stalker enemy in horror games. I'm not fond of its lack of a "normal" difficulty setting, but RE3 is perhaps the most engaging and heart-pounding entry of the original playstation "trilogy" and its wealth of bonuses and emphasis on decision-making allow it to cement a place as a unique and worthwhile entry in the series.
              3.REmake/RE1
              - I've put both versions of the one that started it all together because, IMO, there's no way to truly call one superior to the other. REmake is dark, foreboding, gothic, and the additions it made to the series, Crimson Heads and Lisa Trevor, were frightening and perhaps the most well-realized monstrosities in the series. RE1, cheesy dialogue aside, brought us into the world of survival horror nearly all on its own (though Alone in the Dark was "the first") and made us realize that, like movies, games could be scary too. Cutting edge for its time, RE1 has earned its rightful place as a hallmark in video game history.
              2.RE2
              - The first game I played in the series and what I've always proclaimed as "The King of Jump Scares", RE2 is the perfect continuation of the RE storyline, filled with memorable, long-lasting characters, improved voice-acting, greater enemy variety, the best and most on-point musical score in the entire series, and the beginning of the madness that RE could truly offer. The RPD is an unforgettable location, easily one of the top 3 in the series, and its tight corridors and urban decay help fully realize what I like to call "the RE vision."
              1.RE4
              - There's so much I'd like to say about RE4, but it's really been well-covered over the years. Perhaps not only the best RE game (though many will disagree, and I'm fine with that) but also one of, if not the best games of all time, RE4 is THE standard by which I judge all games that came after it, no matter the genre. Though its story is B-movie stuff at its best (which is what RE is best at, really), the game was nearly as atmospheric as the first two entries in the series. From the haunting, foggy village (tied with the mansion for best locale) to the eerie whispers of zealots in the castle to the ragged breath of the regenerators on the island, most of the game is as much horror as any game in the series can claim. It retained everything that made RE what it is and fine-tuned it, made it better. The demo for it alone was perhaps the most intense 15 minutes I've ever experienced in a video game. There were questionable elements of course, such as the weapon upgrade system (though I always saw the Merchant as a replacement for the Item Box myself) and militaristic tone during half of the island.

I would also talk about spin-off games in detail, but I'll just rank them instead (in order of least to most playable, not necessarily in order of RE value):
              8. Gaiden
              7. Survivor
              6. Outbreak 1/2
              5. RE ORC
              4. RE The Mercenaries 3D
              3. RE Umbrella Chronicles
              2. RE Dead Aim
              1. RE Darkside Chronicles
              A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

1. Resident Evil 4
                2. Resident Evil Remake
                3. Resident Evil 2
                4. Resident Evil CV
                5. Resident Evil
                6. Resident Evil 3
                7. Resident Evil 5
                8. Resident Evil 0
                sigpic

Comment

1. Resident Evil 2
                  2. Resident Evil 3
                  3. REmake
                  4. Resident Evil 0
                  5. Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2
                  6. Resident Evil Code: Veronica

7. Resident Evil 4
                  8. Resident Evil 5

I actually never played the original RE1 on PSX, not even now when it's conveniently available for PSP through PS Store.
                  The series kicked off with RE2 back in 1998 and as a kid I was simply blown away. Then RE3 came around and to me it was just as good, only with different cast and hella cool Nemesis.
                  REmake for gamecube was amazing and it is probably the most accomplished Resident Evil title in terms of atmosphere, presentation and gameplay; because of its great production values it should be a front title representing the whole franchise. Though for me the old school RE2 & 3 will always stay the most favorite because of the memories.

I also consider RE Outbreak 1&2 to be more canon (while officially they're not) then Code Veronica. Both episodes just seem to follow closer to the true survival formula, while in Code Veronica we can already see how Capcom tries to pull some over-the-top Hollywood mumbo jumbo crap.

RE4&5 are high quality third person shooters with small elements of horror. Fun to play, but just too much of a departure from the originals. Some might say it's a natural progression and evolution of the series, while I strongly disagree, it could have been handled in another (less corporate) way.

And I have not played Revelations, though heard good things about it.
                  Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles - is everything that Resident Evil is not suppose to be, but what the heck - I'll check them out when they are re-released for PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by MiLØ View Post

I also consider RE Outbreak 1&2 to be more canon (while officially they're not) then Code Veronica.
                    They are officially canon..

Comment

A tough nut to crack so I'll stick with main series including the non-numbered main entries.

The series sometimes shifts depending on how well I believe it holds up over the years. A game that might have been fun upon its release may not be as long lasting as another title. But nevertheless this is just my opinion to measure.

1. REmake. A title that's near perfect for a blend of old school survival horror in a new generation of gaming. One of the scariest games in the series and one of the best definitions of a remake you could ever ask for.

2. RE4. A gift and a curse for the series. A game that stripped away classic series elements but maintained an distinct originality that sparked many games to try and copy its format.

3. Code Veronica. A Biohazard game that had a compelling story, fleshed out characters and a memorable soundtrack. The themes were layered and the environments were elaborate requiring you to really explore them and solve the missing pieces little at a time.

4. RE3. It's grown on me over the years mainly because at face value it's simply a retread of RE2. But re-visiting it made me remember why this game is entertaining. Where the plot lacks, the game play makes up for. As an old school classic this game had improved on the controls and combat in ways that RE2 and Code Veronica did not. While the series is known for tyrants, Mr. X never had much recognition because he had to share his time with Birkin. This game had refined the "stalker enemy" and made Nemesis a fan favorite through his relentless means of chasing you from room to room using a rocket launcher to his own hands to try and kill you. Closed off the story of Raccoon City and made Jill more of a main character for being as strong willed as she was dressed to kill.

5. RE2. I find it to be one of the scariest games in the series along with REmake. The scenarios caused a lot of panic and dread.

6. RE1. Still holds up as a great game, but REmake does make it feel obsolete by having improvements in nearly every department. But it's great on nostalgia and that counts for something.

7. REvelaitons. Not the return to form I was hoping for, but a fine game nevertheless. The plot is convoluted but the game play is still fun. It makes use of the 3D effectively and remains one of the best games to own on the 3DS. It deserves a console port down the line.

8. RE5. The story is more grounded to the story arc of Chris and Wesker, but the game play feels like a beat for beat recap of RE4 only with more shooting. The action is more refined, but not enough to be a solid action title. And forced co-op makes this not as fun to enjoy.

9. RE Zero. I liked the partner zap system and ability to switch between Rebecca and Billy. The Molotov cocktails were great to use as well. But while fun, I didn't find the game as engaging once you made it past the train section. I liked the concept of dropping items, but it wasn't executed well with the environments. And as a prequel it's not as strong or interesting as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito View Post
                        They are officially canon..
                        Are they really?
                        Can't say that I've done an extensive research on it, but I've never heard of Capcom officially confirm or deny it being canon. Personally I've always thought of them as being a "what if" spin-off that donesn't actually cross paths with the main story, kind of like the recent Operation Raccoon City.

Comment

This is going to be a bit tricky uhhhhh

8. Resident Evil 0
                          Don't get me wrong loved the environments, gameplay, however because of the gameplay and said environments I think removing the item box was dumb. Making this game 2-players would've have made this almost a instant classic, but unfortunately you have to tend to your AI partner and constantly drop and pick up items which makes backtracking a little too much of a hassle even though the classics had mainly that but for some reason it wasn't fun in Resident evil 0
                          7. Resident Evil 5. Holy crap what a could've been a great game turned to a big let down. Originally going to be a single player game with a great concept, Hallucnations due to heat, and have the ablity to counter attacks, and fighting god knows how many people on screen, it shouldve topped what four had done or least it surpass it alittle. but it was more linear than 4, and having a partner with you always slows down gameplay considerably. The game looked great but graphics don't do a game justice, and ohhh yeahh story took a hollywood nosedive.
                          6. Resident Evil CV. It should've been the sequel (Thank you Sony for ruining the proper numerical sequence for the RE series) and it shows, back in the day I really enjoyed it and today I still enjoy it to a degree, and it's definitely a top notch game. but it's probably the only resident evil game I haven't beaten like have a dozen times.
                          5. Resident Evil 3. I've beaten it countless times still very fun to this day, I fight nemesis on almost every encounter, oddly enough when I was a kid I always ran now he's easy as pie. This game felt a bit more fulid than 2 but lacked that memorability that 2 had in terms of soundtrack, environments, the only thing that was really great was encounter nemesis, the sheer variety of weapons, and just a tiny bit more mobility.
                          4. Resident Evil Revelations. So far I have played this game for 20 hours straight, it's a really good game and it's just as good as 4 sometimes I feel like this blows 4 out the water because its true survival horror in new RE fashion but im not completely done with the game 100 percent and I always get mixed feelings on which game is better.
                          3. Resident Evil 4. I've beaten this game on every console i played it in, it seriously begs for mutiple playthroughs and the game doesn't get borrowing after two play throughs and getting the handcannon is a fun objective, although I never upgrade it too the point where it gets infinite ammo. Gameplay is obviously refined and it drastically changed how third person games played and its a good change and its good that the Resident Evil series has bragging rights for this.
                          2. Resident Evil/Remake. I do like the saturn/ds versions alot but obviously the remake is the more complete version and the atmosphere is absouletley amazing. With stunning visuals great gameplay memorable storyline, it makes the first Resident Evil a must play.
                          1. Resident Evil 2. Gameplay Perfect, Soundtrack Amazing, Characters Memorable, Scenario Branching ahead of its time and a great way to play a game alot more times. Weapon variety leons was better but ehhh it had variety. Environment I personally like the modern police station vibe from 1.5 but hey the front hall track for the police station was something ill never forget it. Bosses challenging (at the time) and inventive, Overall in a world full of unoriginal or at least sometimes the best original games ive seen in a long time, my number 1 favorite game to this day is still Resident Evil 2.

Comment

Here goes...

8. RE0 - I've only finished this game once, and have never really gotten around to beating it again.
                            7. RE5 - I got into the story, graphics were good, but this just suffered from trying to fit 4 into cannon story.
                            6. RE4 - Gameplay alone, this was my favorite games of all times. The story destroyed the build up from the other games...
                            5. RE3 - Felt way more fast-paced than 2 and CVX. Loved the Nemesis fights.
                            4. REV - Cruise ship was a great location, co-op was not an annoyance, but over-the-top with the triple-agents...
                            3. CVX - Loved having Claire back in a game, loved the slow pace, for me, the drab environments hammered home the dreary isolation on the island.
                            2. REmake - There was a time when I was too scared to play this game. The subtle changes from the original to the remake kept me on my toes the entire time.
                            1. RE2 - Got me into the series, loved the RPD, Leon and Claire are my favorite leads. I remember beating Birkin (Leon A) on Holloween with friends (we were 10 at the time). So much nostalgia whenever I fire this game up!

Comment

1- Resident Evil Remake
                              2- Resident Evil 2
                              3- Resident Evil 3
                              4- Resident Evil 0
                              5- Resident Evil 4
                              Not Classified - Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6.
                              I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

Working...
                              X