Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zinyui, is there some plug-in for PSXMC or some later version that I'm not aware of, as I have both versions on Zophar's Domain and it will not play the files on the disc. I know the music files are the .VB files found in the SND folder of the ISO, and the program does not support those files. PSound is also out of the question since it can't play synthesized music. Do you know of anything? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Kegluneq, are you talking about releasing an in-depth analysis of those topics? Sorry I'm just not very clear on what is being offered.

Comment

• What if I told you all that I met one of the people whose work never made to Resident Evil 2, but exclusively for Resident Evil 1.5? He was a music composer for Resident Evil (and its remake) and would reprise his role on Resident Evil 1.5 but as the project restarted, he moved to on to another certain project involving... well, I won't say. Check the recent tweets on my Twitter account for hints.
        If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
          I like 1.5's music because it sounds just like RE1's score. As great as RE2's was, it was not better than RE1's.
          Neither is really "better", both are of entirely different style.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• 20B works from a save state but hangs when flipping through some of the camera angles.
            I've attached the pSXfin states for both Elza & Leon.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Hmm..wonder if it's possible to access any other rooms in the vanilla build. Be awesome to access all of the train section.

Comment

• ^ IGAS has already made all of the playable areas in the 40% build available in the MZD build. You can check for yourself using tools used to extract backgrounds from the game (like Leo's BSSM). The only room that was left out is the WIP 2F Factory Line A.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                  ^ IGAS has already made all of the playable areas in the 40% build available in the MZD build. You can check for yourself using tools used to extract backgrounds from the game (like Leo's BSSM). The only room that was left out is the WIP 2F Factory Line A.
                  Alright, thank you for the heads up =)

Comment

• Originally posted by MiLØ View Post
                    Kegluneq, are you talking about releasing an in-depth analysis of those topics? Sorry I'm just not very clear on what is being offered.
                    It will be a graphical guide displaying the development of BioHazard 2 Prototype, by era build. I will attempt to include as much factual information as possible, but as you know, there's only so much that can analyzed before venturing into fandom territory. Hence why it will be mostly focused on screenshots, animated gifs and maybe some sound clips and short videos. Some dates can also be provided, although they should always be considered an estimation.

For example, the boss fight section will be indicative of the gameplay structure in place for BioHazard 2 Prototype. There's not a whole lot that can be said how the boss fights were planned to go down or actually played, but Era 4 Build (or PVB) actually sheds some lights on AI coding and programming. On the other hand, the different era builds will be indicative of the detective work that I went through to find out those changes, and should offer a better insight into what the article will be about.

Most of my interest for this steamed from back when I was working on the BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project. Before having access to the final build screenshots that Kim Larsen had released periodically, I was trying to create a Graphical Walkthrough that displayed every known background and camera angle that existed within BioHazard 2 Prototype. As I did so, I learned that were a lot of differences between the builds, and I began to research them. All of these vast differences among the builds sparked a lot of my interest because I had never seen a game going through so many changes in such a short time.

Part of the reason why I also began to work in this article was because Alzaire intended to something similar on THIA, back in 2007 or 2008. Although I could never take Alzaire's place in this community, I felt that this was also a chance to revision his work as a whole, while at the same time, paying my respects to the man who I admired the most of this community, and that to me, kept the flames of the community burning for years. It's my way of saying thank you to the person who I see as the core pillar of this community.

By the way, in retrospective, I think I was a fool for restricting the sections to 4 votes only before being chosen, since I completely forgot how numerous the community actually is. If it's okay with everyone, I'd like to extend the voting until Saturday, giving the people who did not vote yet a chance to, and whichever sections have the most votes by then (no limitations) will be picked.

That means that crazy2k4, geluda and Enigmatism can re-pick their choices (sorry for that mistake guys - section 7.1 is actually 7.2 but feel free to change if you're not interested in seeing it) if they want.

Also, if the people who voted for the sections that got 4 votes object, I will not withdraw them from the analysis. It's fair because people voting considered those conditions, so it would be a jerkish move on my behalf to complete change my decision if people were not supportive of it.
                    Last edited by Kegluneq; 09-26-2013, 01:44 PM.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                    BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Well, I'd vote for the 7.x section. The evolution of the backgrounds is the most interesting thing from my point of view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                        Well, I'd vote for the 7.x section. The evolution of the backgrounds is the most interesting thing from my point of view.
                        Which one? From Era 2 to Era 4 or Era 4 to Era 5?

Edit: Nevermind that. I'll count them both if those are your 2 picks.
                        Last edited by Kegluneq; 09-26-2013, 02:04 PM.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                        BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Yeah, backgrounds for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
                            What if I told you all that I met one of the people whose work never made to Resident Evil 2, but exclusively for Resident Evil 1.5? He was a music composer for Resident Evil (and its remake) and would reprise his role on Resident Evil 1.5 but as the project restarted, he moved to on to another certain project involving... well, I won't say. Check the recent tweets on my Twitter account for hints.
                            Sounds interesting. Will look forward to hearing more! He didn't move on to compose music for Parasite Eve 2 by any chance, did he?
                            Last edited by Guest; 09-26-2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OKeijiDragon View Post
                              What if I told you all that I met one of the people whose work never made to Resident Evil 2, but exclusively for Resident Evil 1.5? He was a music composer for Resident Evil (and its remake) and would reprise his role on Resident Evil 1.5 but as the project restarted, he moved to on to another certain project involving... well, I won't say. Check the recent tweets on my Twitter account for hints.
                              You mean Makoto Tomozawa?

Oh, and look what I found on the untouched disk Kind of funny

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	403297
                              Last edited by Alfred; 09-26-2013, 03:56 PM.
                              Choosing the main cast is absolutely awesome!

Comment

• In a facebook page promoting the IGAS build of 1.5, have extracted an unused track from the 40% PVB, and assembles to a Save Room... it's like a music box but it's very weird...
                                Last edited by STARSRedfield; 09-26-2013, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X