Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Similarity does not translate directly into inspiration.
    most of the time it does, whether the person remembers where the idea came from or not.

you also did not think bio gorilla bloody from cannon spike was straight from 1.5. open your eyes man don't be a fool, of course they look into past unreleased material for inspiration. would be a silly waste not to.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
      most of the time it does, whether the person remembers where the idea came from or not.

you also did not think bio gorilla bloody from cannon spike was straight from 1.5. open your eyes man don't be a fool, of course they look into past unreleased material for inspiration. would be a silly waste not to.
      Firstly, no, "most of the time" (citation needed) it doesn't. The gorilla is also not from 1.5. It's just a gorilla, not exactly an abstract entity... and that's not counting the fact that the "gorilla" in 1.5 is actually a baboon.

No shit they look into unreleased material. I can just give you tons of examples where they actually do it, rather than making laughable assumptions at every similarity thinking there is some deep connection between them. A fire extinguisher? Really? You're saying someone needs to be inspired to come up with the concept of putting out a fucking fire? A conveyor belt? You mean the sort of thing found in most airports in the world to move stuff around, somehow had to be grasped from an older unreleased game before the thought occurred to use one at a transport terminal? Which is an airport... one of the most common usages of conveyor belts.

Some people are just really grasping for straws is what I'm saying. Not everything is recycled or inspired by specific cases. Sometimes people just come up with shit. Often for no reason!
      Last edited by News Bot; 11-15-2013, 07:36 AM.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
        I honesly think survivor would b3 a better tie in to 1.5 then it did with 2. In fact I am sure if someone was bold enough they could turn survivor in to a better game. Maybe it should have been 3rd person in the very beginning. Also you can have events and areas that were never in survior in the 1st place.

Survivor is a great game, there was introduced the laser aim before RE4 and was a good storyline.

I think is a good RE3 sequence before play RE Code Veronica taking about chronological time.

Maybe they, or any mods can make the full game in 3rd person mode.

Comment

• I've never seen such an intricate conversation about a damn fire extinguisher.

Comment

Firstly, no, "most of the time" (citation needed) it doesn't. The gorilla is also not from 1.5. It's just a gorilla, not exactly an abstract entity... and that's not counting the fact that the "gorilla" in 1.5 is actually a baboon.

No shit they look into unreleased material. I can just give you tons of examples where they actually do it, rather than making laughable assumptions at every similarity thinking there is some deep connection between them. A fire extinguisher? Really? You're saying someone needs to be inspired to come up with the concept of putting out a fucking fire? A conveyor belt? You mean the sort of thing found in most airports in the world to move stuff around, somehow had to be grasped from an older unreleased game before the thought occurred to use one at a transport terminal? Which is an airport... one of the most common usages of conveyor belts.

Some people are just really grasping for straws is what I'm saying. Not everything is recycled or inspired by specific cases. Sometimes people just come up with shit. Often for no reason!
            yeah, these concepts are all around us, but to implement them in a similar fashion to their unreleased product... it begs the point of being inspired.

and the gorilla thing, just by looking at it, and it having "bio" in the name... it is hard to believe it is not inspired. or someone from capcom would have noticed the similarities. they are not naive. its almost to the point where, how would anyone working on a capcom mash-up not know about 1.5?

oh its not a baboon it couldn't be from 1.5

of course its all speculation, but you really do seem to close your eyes (just a gorilla) to the similarities unless there is hardcore evidence supporting it was lifted from one game to another, like one of your "connections" telling you it was. i don't blame you, but there is evidence supporting these ideas.

not all the wacky shit people post, but more than you give credit for.

Comment

• It begs the point of certain people being desperate as fuck. Nothing more.

The gorilla is just a gorilla. Goofy mistranslated name aside, "bio" is short for biological. Does not suggest any relation to Biohazard if that's what you're suggesting. Yes, it's all your speculation. Good on you for finally admitting it. Once more, similarities =/= inspirations.

I guess Dr. Moreau's ape-people were an inspiration, right? I mean, they have a lot of hair and shit. By god, I think I've got it! -- This is the reasoning some are going with.

but there is evidence supporting these ideas.
              There isn't. That's the point. You're throwing shit at the wall hoping for it to stick.
              Last edited by News Bot; 11-15-2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• yeah, it makes alot more sense that its all coincidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
                  yeah, it makes alot more sense that its all coincidence.
                  No shit. Most things are coincidences.

Comment

• newsbot which is your most hated word ? speculation or coincidence ?

Comment

• There's the idea that once 1.5 was cancelled, Capcom would go back and take out the unused materials, mechanics and ideas from the cancelled title. For the whole debate about the Fire Extinguisher: although on the PVB it has an ammo counter and can be equipped, it just seems odd to have it as a weapon, because when putting out the helicopter fire in RE2, and using the Fire Hose in RE3 - it has a cutscene of the character putting out the fire. If you could use it as a normal weapon and spray it in the faces of zombies and monsters alike, you would end up using it before it's actually necessary, then that puts the player at a dead end.

Perhaps the idea was to have it as a weapon at first, being able to equip it and use it at will, but it was decided against in later development (Although, that's just speculation). Maybe if you equipped it as a weapon it would only allow the player to spray and use the 'ammo' when in front of flames, only then will the extinguisher work? However, that's just pure speculation.

Comment

• ^I'm with Paul on all this crap. It really is most likely just coincidential. Resident Evil 1.5 isn't the center of the universe. Sure, concepts do reoccur every once in a while, but it's more often than ever just common shit being thrown around everywhere. Sure, you can say grenades, body armor, and other shit popped up, but ... really ... unless 1.5 somehow invented this shit in the first place ... it's really grasping at straws claiming these elements wouldn't have shown up regardless in their respective games of inclusion.

Also, for crying out loud, when it comes to the whole primate bullshit; ever heard of the expression test monkey? The most common thing within entertainment media is to somehow "shock/surprise" by taking simple and/or ordinary concepts and somehow kicking it up a notch.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                        Well, aside from having an ammo counter and being equippable, the fire extinguisher is grouped together with the weapons rather than the key items in the inventory listing. I figured they probably did consider making it an equippable item to use on the flames, but who knows if they pulled through with the idea or if they changed their minds. Also, only the flames in the rear of the RPD are identified as enemy entities, the ones in the lab are not.
                        There's another possibility that's partly falls into what Mark said about how things are categorized, how RE2 does a similar scene, etc.;

In a lot of game engines, you avoid adding/creating unnecessary groups/enties/whatever to save memory space, resources, reinventing the wheel, etc.. Never really analyzed the RE engine much, but to just to use the concept of flames being tagged as enemies and the extinguisher flagged as an equipable (not weapon; but equipable), here's a sample of how you can do something with things "as is" in the 1.5 engine ... sort of ... I suppose;

You could create a scripted sequence that first involves the game setting the extinguisher as a character's weapon of choice (upon activation of the event trigger), thus triggering the loading of the extinguisher model data as the equipped weapon for a character, then you can simply set a walk path from current location to a position near the flames, make the script trigger aim and fire commands until all "enemies" are gone, letting the auto-aim code take care of the aiming bit.

By doing it this way; the cutscene script is very light weight, relies entirely on recycling of functions and animation that are already present, without there being any need for additional "entity/NPC" categories in the system and no custom animation beyond the extinguisher's ready/fire animation, etc..

Comment

• ^ Ah, I see. That makes a lot of sense, thanks for clearing that up.
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
                            I've never seen such an intricate conversation about a damn fire extinguisher.
                            This.

On topic, I admit I'm guilty of making these connections at times, the many "Biohazard 4 has grenades" conversations are a good example. But the information was scarce then, so the call for forcing connections or wanting them to be linked was a little greater. Interesting nonetheless, I will have to go with the scripted cut scene conclusion though.
                            sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              You could create a scripted sequence that first involves the game setting the extinguisher as a character's weapon of choice (upon activation of the event trigger), thus triggering the loading of the extinguisher model data as the equipped weapon for a character, then you can simply set a walk path from current location to a position near the flames, make the script trigger aim and fire commands until all "enemies" are gone, letting the auto-aim code take care of the aiming bit.

By doing it this way; the cutscene script is very light weight, relies entirely on recycling of functions and animation that are already present, without there being any need for additional "entity/NPC" categories in the system and no custom animation beyond the extinguisher's ready/fire animation, etc..
                              Oh neat, I was piecing it together myself as I read that, that is ideal.

This whole extinguisher topic, although very minute, is still important because this argument, whether it was free use or cutscene only, is very analogous to what the original development team needed to go though back in 199(7?). With the crew programming then become stuck on the extinguisher, the higher ups coming in and saying "its just a damn extinguisher! we need to worry about the rest of the game, we dont have time to get caught up in this small stuff." Although its pretty much decided that it was just going to be simply a key cutscene only item, it is more than likely they WANTED more from the item, but was time constrained. This is the beauty of a fan recreations. IGAS/fans can MAKE Carnivol's idea a real feature. Although this is something so little as extinguisher, it is helpful to get in to this sort of mindset for the entirety of the game to try to synergize with what 1.5 really could have been.
                              On a side note, it would be amusing to have the free ability of putting out many of the fires in the lab, if you take out enough Ada will come and get pissed that your undoing the damage of what she wants to happen.
                              Last edited by NEOMEGA; 11-16-2013, 02:02 PM.

Comment

No shit. Most things are coincidences.
                                i know, i just forgot about all the other games with fire extinguishers and conveyor belts used the same way before CV. and primates as enemies.

Comment

Working...
                                X