Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh of course. Their work, no matter how good or complete they make it, will never match or exceed CAPCOM' vision. That's what I've always felt. Will it be fun? Will it be challenging? All this remains to be seen.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      Oh of course. Their work, no matter how good or complete they make it, will never match or exceed CAPCOM' vision. That's what I've always felt.
      There is an official "Capcom Vision" for RE 1.5, it's called Biohazard 2! Herp Derp! The reason they abandoned RE 1.5 was for their "true vision" that we now know as RE 2. All the original creators who worked on RE 1.5 have said that vanilla 1.5 was shit. Team IGAS is adding their own unique vision for RE 1.5 and trying to make the game actually fun for modern gamers. You got your "pure build", play it. The existing vanilla 1.5? Had potential, but the mess we have in it's vanilla form is a failure. What it could have been as seen from another's vision? Well, Team IGAS may just surprise us! That's just my 2 cents!
      Last edited by Eteponge; 12-24-2013, 03:54 AM.

Comment

• Have a good Christmas everybody!

Comment

• Hope IGAS have something for tomorrow, any video or the Trial Edition... Maybe it's a video... who knows? Everything is full of posibilities.

Comment

• It's that time of the year again, isn't? This christmas I'm bringing you something different - something to help pass the holidays and for your entertainment. I hope you enjoy seeing it and helps you to prepare for IGAS' release.

To start off, a series of videos from BioHazard 2 Prototype. The videos were played and recorded using pSX fin 1.14. The conditions I set for these videos were knife only and no damage. The purpose was to study the design and patterns of the enemies and to provide tactics and strategies for those who would be interested in attempting a knife challenge once the IGAS' game was released. The videos shed some lights into the problems with the enemies' A.I. and the attacks A.O.E (area of effect; hit-boxes if you prefer). This was the surprise I had in mind for the boss (and enemy) section of the article I had (and still am - though currently on stand-by) been working on and that I mentioned weeks ago.

Next up is a series of videos from Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. Once again, the videos where played and recorded using pSX fin 1.14. This is a series of videos were I fight Nemesis on almost every occasion, setting up as conditions manual reloading during battle, always staying with ECG fine and using a different arsenal of weapons (or ammunition) for each battle. This was the most fun I had to date playing any Resident Evil game. Nemesis is so unpredictable - I can't remember how many times I had to switch my approach fighting this beast because his pattern would change from defensively to offensively. Also, the different locations were you fight him change the gameplay because you have to rely a lot on what he does first before attacking. I could rant on as to why all of these videos were so awesome to make, but if you had the pleasure of fighting this beast before, I'm sure you'll be able to spot these little things in the videos. There's also two extra fights against Nemesis using the Assault Rifle on the Clocktower - this is because this battle was my favourite to record and I went for different things in each of them. I'll leave it to you to decide which one you consider the best and understand what mindset I had in mind for each of those two battles.

Finally, and a currently work-in-progress, a series of videos from Resident Evil 2: Dual Shock. Played on pSX fin 1.14 and recorded using FRAPS - Extreme Battle Mode Level 3 with Leon Kennedy, Claire Redfield and Ada Wong. The only thing I set out to do in this one was to go for No Damage. The previous time (which shows up at the ending) was obtained from a No-Save run. You'll probably be able to figure out how many locations I visited based on Stage 3 time on that run. This is by far the most challenging series of videos of all. Here I don't have the luxury of doing the same thing over and over again until I get it right. I had to develop safe (yet sometimes risky) strategies to save time and to prevent wasteful use of ammunition. I recommend you watch them all as they all bring something different to the table and they were purposely crafted with that in mind - to show my progress and evolution as I learned more and more about Extreme Battle Mode and came up with better ways of doing things. All in all, I choose Extreme Battle Mode (instead of other modes) for a very simple reason - it's the perfect representative of what gameplay balance and mastery is all about. Expect to see Chris Redfield's playthrough before the end of this year.

The quality of the videos doesn't match, unfortunately, that of the original files but that's YouTube for you.

Merry Christmas to you all.

BioHazard YouTube Channel
            BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

• Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
              There is an official "Capcom Vision" for RE 1.5, it's called Biohazard 2! Herp Derp! The reason they abandoned RE 1.5 was for their "true vision" that we now know as RE 2. All the original creators who worked on RE 1.5 have said that vanilla 1.5 was shit. Team IGAS is adding their own unique vision for RE 1.5 and trying to make the game actually fun for modern gamers. You got your "pure build", play it. The existing vanilla 1.5? Had potential, but the mess we have in it's vanilla form is a failure. What it could have been as seen from another's vision? Well, Team IGAS may just surprise us! That's just my 2 cents!
              This is correct. There is no concrete plan of what Capcom would have done to complete 1.5 because they chose not to. It's speculation past the final build. They're taking liberties that could have been possible at the time but not far-fetched and the game will be more fun because of it. I think some people's disappointment stems from the fact that we all have our own ideas of 1.5 would have been and sometimes the team's choices will conflict with that. Just keep an open mind and reserve judgement until after we've all played it. You might find the game much more enjoyable than you first anticipated.
              sigpic
              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• I'll raise you all a pint of 1.5 Ale to have through the holidays! Have fun, be merry, and enjoy your family, and hopefully 1.5.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• It's already the 25th here; Merry Christmas, guys! Maybe we'll get something tomorrow or on New Year's Eve, who knows. Even if we don't, what matters is that we've been blessed with a talented bunch of people working on the game and that we will get the demo and the finished product eventually. Just enjoy the wait while it lasts, since this is probably the last time we'll be waiting for a new old-school (semi-official) Resident Evil game to come out. Also, this has been a very wonderful year for old RE fans since we not only got 1.5 but working Outbreak servers as well (and holiday discounts on RE6/REV)! For those I'm very grateful.
                  Last edited by biohazard_star; 12-24-2013, 11:49 AM.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

• Guess I'll be spending the holidays at The THIA Lodge again this year, Merry Christmas everyone! ♪( ´▽`)

Comment

• I have this page, YouTube, and Facebook all open ready for any possible updates.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Merry Christmas everyone! Surprisingly, I only signed in to say that, I don't really have any expectations of any kind for the IGAS 1.5 project. One day I'll check here and something will be released, and that will be that

Comment

• merry christmas bros, hope you get a nice naughty photo of elza in your stocking.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                            It's already the 25th here; Merry Christmas, guys! Maybe we'll get something tomorrow or on New Year's Eve, who knows. Even if we don't, what matters is that we've been blessed with a talented bunch of people working on the game and that we will get the demo and the finished product eventually. Just enjoy the wait while it lasts, since this is probably the last time we'll be waiting for a new old-school (semi-official) Resident Evil game to come out. Also, this has been a very wonderful year for old RE fans since we not only got 1.5 but working Outbreak servers as well (and holiday discounts on RE6/REV)! For those I'm very grateful.
                            well said.

good christmas to everyone!

Comment

• Merry Christmas to all!!!

Comment

• Merry Christmas for everybody.

Comment

Working...
                                X