Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're the expert here, and you don't seem to mind much.

Comment

• At least you admit it.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• That you're an expert at being a dick? I totally admit it.

Comment

• Haha, gotta love the classical "no YOU are" cop-out. Doesn't detract from the real issue, I'm afraid. Bitching about a project you've got nothing invested in doesn't make you look good, nor will it achieve anything. Go contribute something of your own for a change if you're so bored. Get some perspective and sort out those entitlement issues instead of being a leech.
          Last edited by News Bot; 01-19-2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• To be honest, when it comes to Resident Evil "news" -- people sure do love to complain about everything and anything. Nothing's ever good enough and few puts on an effort beyond just idling about, waiting for the next subject to complain about to fall into everyone's collective lap

But, yeah, forums sure are somewhat dead-ish these days (With the majority of activity coming from new post-"1.5 surfacing" members)
            Last edited by Carnivol; 01-19-2014, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• I'm grasping at straws here for lack of content but if Marvin gets hurt BEFORE going into the warehouse then he would need to be shouldered to the lift just like when Leon does for him to the guardhouse(?) in the lab. It is more than likely that either Ada would be the one to shouldering him during free control in the warehouse (because you have free control and I doubt they would program the free movement of the player while shouldering Marvin through out the area) or that scene would have been changed in further versions to be cutscene controlled. Like in retail when Leon carries Ada into the guardhouse.
              Last edited by NEOMEGA; 01-19-2014, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                I doubt they would program the free movement of the player while shouldering Marvin through out the area
                i don't think its far fetched, look at how many other "features" were eliminated from retail.

Comment

• It's not far fetched I just try to get into the mindset of the programmers under time constants and limitations. The time it would take to program the animations could potentially far outweigh its segment of use. However, if my previous idea that you needed to manually go back to save marvin if you wanted to live was a possibility, then it would be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                    Haha, gotta love the classical "no YOU are" cop-out. Doesn't detract from the real issue, I'm afraid. Bitching about a project you've got nothing invested in doesn't make you look good, nor will it achieve anything. Go contribute something of your own for a change if you're so bored. Get some perspective and sort out those entitlement issues instead of being a leech.
                    I think the issue here is that you still need to understand people don't really care about your criticism and personal attacks. It gets too old. People do and say whatever they want, should it be dumb, entitled or not. You're not the NKVD of the internet, so keep a low profile. It's not for you to decide what rights people have or not.
                    Last edited by Rick Hunter; 01-20-2014, 04:24 AM.

Comment

• You seem to care enough to be a raging hypocrite. Do you think your criticism or bitching are sacred?

People can say whatever they want on the Internet (as can I). That was my point. You can say whatever you want, but you're going to have to accept the fact that what you say will make you look like a dick-- much in the same way complaining about a kid with cancer bunking the queue at Disney World would be in bad form, or complaining that a charity fundraiser doesn't have high production values. I wasn't being literal with "right", just that you have no good reason to complain unless you count being afflicted with a false sense of entitlement. That's the only issue here. Maybe you should go keep that low profile yourself if you've got nothing of worth to contribute.
                      Last edited by News Bot; 01-20-2014, 05:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                        It's not far fetched I just try to get into the mindset of the programmers under time constants and limitations. The time it would take to program the animations could potentially far outweigh its segment of use. However, if my previous idea that you needed to manually go back to save marvin if you wanted to live was a possibility, then it would be fine.
                        He gets to the warehouse antechamber on his own. Read the cutscene dialogue in that room, Leon and Ada are surprised to see him. What likely happens is Leon goes to the lobby to find Marvin gone, goes back to the warehouse to tell Ada, then a wounded Marvin shows up immediately after. Again, the dialogue mentions he's wounded so most likely he's supposed to be posed in either the caution or danger animation from retail here. Regardless of which, he should be able to limp just fine to the warehouse elevator on his own.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

• 1.5 didn't have any caution or danger poses. These arose when they decided to scrap the damage-torn clothing. Marvin and Roy likely had different animations.
                          Last edited by News Bot; 01-20-2014, 05:40 AM.

Comment

1.5 didn't have any caution or danger poses. These arose when they decided to scrap the damage-torn clothing. Marvin and Roy likely had different animations.
                            While moving around? Nope. But if you idle around while in caution or danger, the character will assume the retail caution/danger idle pose instead of their regular idle pose. It would be nice to know if the retail limping animations were holdovers, or at least modified from final-era 1.5 NPC animations, as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PSOGL2_115.png
Views:	1
Size:	990.6 KB
ID:	403513
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

You seem to care enough to be a raging hypocrite.
                              You'd have to explain to me your definition of being a hypocrite. I'm just saying you should stop being a constant dick reminding people what they should or should not complain about. Learn where your place is.
                              Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              Do you think your criticism or bitching are sacred?
                              Nope, I just don't care.
                              Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                              You can say whatever you want, but you're going to have to accept the fact that what you say will make you look like a dick
                              And my whole point is, between your attitude which consists of criticizing people and telling them what to do or not do, and the attitude of a few people complaining of a lack of update, YOU are the one who constantly looks like a dick. I find it hard to believe you still haven't realized it yet.

My point was:

1) This project is what brought new people and made these forums alive and very active these past few months.
                              2) There's been a serious lack of update lately
                              3) It leads to this community being half dead
                              4) It makes people sad, and complaining for whatever reason is their right

I don't care in the slightest if an individual called newsbot doesn't agree with it. I actually haven't even finished reading your last reply because it's just a waste of time. But feel free to reply and try to make a point over the internet about what people have the right or not to criticize. I'm sure people love reading that bullshit.
                              Last edited by Rick Hunter; 01-20-2014, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• What would my "place" be, exactly? I seem to get more things done than you do and there's literally not a single thing you have over me. We're in the same boat, so "know your place." I'm only a dick to those that deserve it, such as people who fabricate or complain about getting something for free like ungrateful leeches. If "no u" is the best response you can conjure then I guess you prove my point.

You clearly do care enough to reply and repeat a hypocritical point. You try and spout some nonsense about rights and then begin talking about how my criticism isn't allowed, but yours is. Hence, hypocrisy. I'm criticizing you because I'm fully entitled to it, just as you're entitled to criticize me. Right now I'm criticizing you for complaining when you have absolutely no reason to, which is perfectly valid criticism.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                                While moving around? Nope. But if you idle around while in caution or danger, the character will assume the retail caution/danger idle pose instead of their regular idle pose. It would be nice to know if the retail limping animations were holdovers, or at least modified from final-era 1.5 NPC animations, as well.
                                I thought you were referring to the movement animations. The idle animations are recycled, but the movement ones are completely new or at least modified in retail. They were specifically added when they decided to remove clothing damage.
                                Last edited by News Bot; 01-20-2014, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X