Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The issue with granting access to only half of the RPD is that we already DO have access to half of the RPD in the MZD build...

There can only be so many (environmental) surprises remaining in that chapter anyway, especially since we have screenshots of all of the 'new' rooms.

Comment

• Theres a number of ways to approach this demo.
      -The expected RE2 recreated demo- simplified and altered key item access less convoluted area progression. If would have to go a bit further than retail demo because 1.5 doesn't have the addition of the getting to the station segment.

-The game-is-mostly-complete-so-demo-is-simply-a-snippet-of-the-actual-game like the RE3 demo.

-An untraditional demo. Get creative! Maybe have a completely detached demo. Having the game just start in with the player controlling an unusual character like Roy and being able to traverse through a station with text-based cutscenes of commentary from IGAS talking of the creation and difficulties of the restoration aspects of those respective areas. Then have it end in a goofy way like having a shutter close on top of a player or a premature spiderman enemy appearance that rips Roys limbs off forcibly giving a gameover. Think something like the dismembered demo of Dead Space.
      Maybe a soft of a off the record, prequel demo taking place hours before. Getting to play as an unhurt Brian Irons/Roy in their final attempts to fend off zombies around the station until they finally succumb to being bitten at some point.

All of that last stuff was just bs I added to this post to make it more interesting. I'm expecting the first idea for what we get. I can imagine the demo ending like extreme battle- approaching an exit, background goes black, 3D rotation of character with some jingle.
      Also something I been forgetting to mention: I hope IGAS injects character animations to link preexisting animations. Like when pressing aim which has Leon/elza going from holding a weapon with two hands, to putting both hands to their sides, then putting their hands back on to aim a weapon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
        The issue with granting access to only half of the RPD is that we already DO have access to half of the RPD in the MZD build...

There can only be so many (environmental) surprises remaining in that chapter anyway, especially since we have screenshots of all of the 'new' rooms.
        Remember that there still some rooms that are missing or incomplete and they can show it in the future preview demo of the 1.5 (From Police Station, to a certain point of the Sewer System or Factory), and at some point of the demo gameplay; it will be stopped by a new scripted action that, in this case, will end it and return us to the main menu like every RE Demo.

Comment

• BZork: To your question: A fully functioning section of the game that is complete and what you intend in the final build for that section (so with all intended events, story elements, music, sounds, game elements, enemies etc etc). So pick the part you think shows off how well this project has progressed, have the section be complete and bug/error free etc. That is what I would like to see in the preview.

As to which section specifically to show, I'd like to be surprised, so show the section you like.
          Last edited by icemann; 01-29-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• It would be a pretty cool plot twist if the demo featured Roy and Marvin as the playable characters instead. The demo could be set sometime before Elza crashes her bike into the station. It could serve as a prelude to the final product, kinda like 'Case Zero' for Dead Rising 2. It'd be an interesting way of showing off their work, without spoiling Leon and Elza's scenarios. Obviously some backgrounds would need to be modified though, like the front lobby of the RPD and maybe the burning van area.
            Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-30-2014, 12:26 AM.
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
              It would be a pretty cool plot twist if the demo featured Roy and Marvin as the playable characters instead. The demo could be set sometime before Elza crashes her bike into the station. It could serve as a prelude to the final product, kinda like 'Case Zero' for Dead Rising 2. It'd be an interesting way of showing off their work, without spoiling Leon and Elza's scenarios. Obviously some backgrounds would need to be modified though, like the front lobby of the RPD and maybe the burning van area.
              T'would be the best surprise for a demo ever, but would take extra time away from development of the whole game.

Comment

• There's a lot of things I'd like to see: Custom cutscenes, more of the RPD, the new Zombies/AI, and all the fixed weapons, and so much more. Words can't describe how excited I am for it though. 1.5...brought to completion... while not the same as what could have happened if the game was never scrapped, I feel it will be a new twist on it.
                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                  T'would be the best surprise for a demo ever, but would take extra time away from development of the whole game.
                  Modding in item/enemy/locked door placement and cutscenes seem easy enough to do, especially if they have made custom tools for the job. You have people like DB doing it like a pro... manually, using hex editing. Only the background modifications for the lobby would prove to be a hurdle, but that's if they weren't planning on making a clean version of it for the game's intro anyway.
                  Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-30-2014, 01:36 AM.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

• Perhaps I, too, share my opinion.
                    It may seem old-fashioned, but it would be great to play in heavy duty at the police station, as in the video, where 20% was demonstrated with a model version of the game Grant Bitman when he shot from the hordes of zombies in this scary and dark locations. Wow. . .
                    sigpic

Comment

• i miss exploring demos. remember when demos had so many limitation and you want for more that you turn the demo inside out in playtime? good time!

Comment

• I think we're all agreeing on basically the same thing but I like that one guys idea of a joke demo with Roy being killed by a random manspider outa nowhere

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                          i miss exploring demos. remember when demos had so many limitation and you want for more that you turn the demo inside out in playtime? good time!
                          I did just that with the RE4 demo and a PAR which proved to be really interesting. I spent almost as much time tinkering with codes and debugs (if available) as I did the main game. My cousin had a PS gaming subscription so when she would get a multi-demo disc in the mail we would play them over and over. That's how I found Jet Moto, Twisted Metal, Tekken 2, etc. and then we'd go to the rental store hoping to get lucky. She was too much of a wuss to play RE because of the giant spiders though so I was on my own.

The prequel demo concept is pretty interesting too but I don't know how likely that would be. But maybe it could exist as an extra mode similar to The 4th Survivor in the final release?
                          Last edited by Graco; 01-30-2014, 07:03 AM.
                          sigpic
                          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Make the ending music for the demo Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
                              Make the ending music for the demo Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing.
                              That's just cruel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
                                That's just cruel.
                                What, you don't believe in miracles?
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X