Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by News Bot View Post
    Pretty good reason, people need to remember that William's a good guy in this scenario haha.
    Just a thought, but what if the fate of William would have been similar to Steve's? Seeing as how Steve was the only instance of a good guy mutating, maybe that last moment he has with Annette on the train in that 1.5 image to be a brief moment of sanity regained? Then they realized how goofy that would be and took it out by retail...

Changing topic, does anyone else wonder about the CHECK feature on items in 1.5? What if they were planned to be 3D rotatable objects in the inventory screen like in 1? I distinctly remember being a bit disappointed was a child seeing it gone and always figured the feature was lost in retail for being a supplementary to-do they just put off and not getting the time to put in.

Comment

• Perhaps they just felt the idea had already been done and left it out for the sake of not repeating cliche puzzle ideas. How many times can you find an item in a book?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
        Me too, and I think that IGAS's choice for the precinct's 1F East Corridor is quite fitting.

I wrote some original tracks for a BH1.5-inspired game; perhaps you'd find them interesting:

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...rd-style-Music
        I like the first two tracks, do you have versions without the wind instrument parts though?
        I'd like see what could done with harp strings too.
        Last edited by Mikhail; 02-21-2014, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• @ Mikhail - those Piano tunes are great, but they don't really suit 1.5's style - sewers maybe..

Sounds more like RE3 and Zero more than anything ... RE2 Precinct at a push.
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
            Many rooms from the old REs don´t have music at all. Sometimes ambience FX does better the job, so they probably don´t need to add any music besides a few extra tracks.
            what you write is true. classic resident evil have many ambient full rooms and that is something we make note of too. a lot of research was made for this project and new detail reveal itself sometime too.

Comment

• I always hated rooms with no music back when I first played resident evil games because I knew it was far too quite and something loud was going to happen and scare the crap out of me lol , but yeah having no music in some rooms is great and really can enhance the experience.

Comment

• I know full well that some rooms need to be silent for effect.

But there are several tracks found playing in 1.5 promo videos from the Complete Disc and a few others that are never heard again. Namely the opening sequence music and Birkin boss battle music (Fight With Monster #?).

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                  @ Mikhail - those Piano tunes are great, but they don't really suit 1.5's style - sewers maybe..

Sounds more like RE3 and Zero more than anything ... RE2 Precinct at a push.
                  Yeah RE3 vibe, for the first track I was thinking of it playing after John kills Roy.
                  Second one I'm not sure, it's a bit too much for 1.5 maybe the sewer save room.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                    Perhaps they just felt the idea had already been done and left it out for the sake of not repeating cliche puzzle ideas. How many times can you find an item in a book?
                    Oh no no quite the contrary actually. RE1, and the developers felt the same way I'm sure, was only a drop in the barrel of the potential of examination and not just the spinning of a key to see what its for. REmake is proof of that. I had the unconscious feeling that the examination was going to be a prominent feature across the series.
                    Last edited by NEOMEGA; 02-21-2014, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• I guess examination with 3D models was probably thrown out the window somewhere between 1.5 and 2 -- and, if that's truly the case, the most likely reason would be resource limitations during the development of 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                        I guess examination with 3D models was probably thrown out the window somewhere between 1.5 and 2 -- and, if that's truly the case, the most likely reason would be resource limitations during the development of 2.
                        Probably to simplify the gameplay and make puzzles less complicated or something. I remember my very first playthrough of 2 was quite fast compared to 1, because items are easy to locate, puzzles aren't too hard to figure out, and in general getting stuck due to event X not triggered to make progress is near to non-existent, plus you get a crapton ammo to dispatch of zombies and other enemies at your own pace. 3 kinda reverted this trend, which made it a little superior to 2 and more similar to 1 in terms of progression.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                        , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                          Probably to simplify the gameplay and make puzzles less complicated or something.
                          Could've certainly been the case too.

Comment

• Or the fact it's a single disc game, not much space would of been left for extras after the addition of xa and str data. Odd that the Dreamcast is two discs when they hold a GB.
                            Last edited by Mikhail; 02-23-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                              Or the fact it's a single disc game, not much space would of been left for extras after the addition of xa and str data.
                              3D models for all the items would take about 10 MB on disk, hardly something video and streamed audio would ever kill.

Odd that the n64 release is the only single medium release when Dreamcast & Gamecube discs hold a GB.
                              Optimization and desperate compression methods ring a bell?

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                                3D models for all the items would take about 10 MB on disk, hardly something video and streamed audio would ever kill.

Optimization and desperate compression methods ring a bell?
                                PSN PKG is only 758MB none of the data is compressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X