Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
    PSN PKG is only 758MB none of the data is compressed.
    Get a better measure method. Claire's disk for Dual Shock Edition is barely 600 MB of user data on the ISO, meaning there's about 60 MB left in there, even with no optimization. Leon's disk is close to the same amount.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      Get a better measure method. Claire's disk for Dual Shock Edition is barely 600 MB of user data on the ISO, meaning there's about 60 MB left in there, even with no optimization. Leon's disk is close to the same amount.
      PS1 discs are 624MB 71min, then they add a 25MB dummy ZNULL.DAT at the end to prevent disc read errors, so actual ps1 discs are more like 600MB.

Comment

• [edit] ^The wonky trick of utilizing a blank piece of data at the end (ZNULL.DAT) that overlaps with an audio track is, as far as I know, mainly a Capcom thing and something that was utilized as an ancient type of copy protection (since most 90s consumer recording equipment and software can't replicate that structure properly) [/edit]

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
        PSN PKG is only 758MB none of the data is compressed.
        Not sure how the multi-disc PSN packages are tailored by publishers/Sony (in terms of how they handle blank data, compression, etc. at default settings), but pretty sure that if the 2 disc pack for RE2 comes out at only 758 MB; then that includes basic recognition of duplicate data on each disc's ISO. So that basically means pretty much every single shared asset between the two discs is compressed in the form of every second iteration (disc 2) just referring to the (then uncompressed) data in the first iteration -- which I guess would (or could) produce that 758mb pack of both discs.
        Last edited by Carnivol; 02-23-2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
          PS1 discs are 624MB 71min, then they add a 25MB dummy ZNULL.DAT at the end to prevent disc read errors, so actual ps1 discs are more like 600MB.
          I have no idea where you got your information from, but it's all wrong. PlayStation disks are like any others produced in the 90's, so 74 minutes and with a capacity of 720-730 MB in raw data. XA sectors count as almost raw data, with error detection reduced to a bare minimum, meaning audio+video sectors (Mode 2 Form 2) take less room than user data (Mode 2 Form 1). That said, the 3 minutes of empty data, included in almost every game out there in a way or another, are already on the RE2 disks, meaning the developers still had around 60 MB of room to spare for data expansions. And when I say "almost in every game" I mean that you don't necessarily need to include it as some games totally ignore it, such as Chrono Cross.
          Last edited by Gemini; 02-24-2014, 04:49 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Only one yup away from a possible new screenshot. Any new, unseen, or updated angles/backgrounds would be swell!

Comment

• I want to see the work they've done on the sewers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1653703_262688050558801_1442934274_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	403600
              Last edited by Zombie_X; 02-25-2014, 01:17 AM.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]9516[/ATTACH]
                What is Leon going to do? Go around, you dingleberry! There's plenty of space for you to pick your legs up and squeeze by those two crates! Seriously, is it reeeeeally necessary for you to push those crates out of the way for you to get by? Pathetic. How you could ever even hope to survive the zombie apocalypse is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                  It honestly reminded me more of Sher- err, I mean Rachel's backstory from T.R.A.G. since...

T.R.A.G. spoilers:

Spoiler:

It's just a coincidence, but still an amusing one nonetheless. The fact that the cast looks like a rip-off of RE2's makes it even more amusing.
                  T.R.A.G. was also incredibly cheesy; more-so than Resident Evil. It's plot and characters were beyond whacky I mean the main villain sounded like Mandark from Dexter's Laboratory and plotted to rule the world. Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong I mean the game was fun to play but maaaaan was it whacky.

Comment

• Hey guys. New poster,I'll keep it brief cause I know you guys have seen hundreds of these,
                    It's taken me the best part of 3 weeks to read this thread,or 90% of it anyway!
                    The fighting brings it down but it's cool to have so much new information so I guess fighting is inevitable.
                    So,I was hoping to bring something new and exciting to the discussion,but I pretty much failed.
                    All I did manage to find was,
                    On the PVB,with DBS patch. If you enter the sewers room 202 I think,the one with the tiny out of proportion spiders,if you run to the end of that corridor,find the space on the wall that allows you to 'air Jesus' and do that. You can then just run back into the sewers main area travelling through the door.
                    Anyway somehow the spiders follow you,and are of correct proportion in the main area.

Totally useless and pointless,and my apologies if it's already been covered!
                    Nicholai,Carlos,Mikhail. Umbrella sure doesn't discriminate against race,huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Welshboydave View Post
                      Hey guys. New poster,I'll keep it brief cause I know you guys have seen hundreds of these,
                      It's taken me the best part of 3 weeks to read this thread,or 90% of it anyway!
                      The fighting brings it down but it's cool to have so much new information so I guess fighting is inevitable.
                      So,I was hoping to bring something new and exciting to the discussion,but I pretty much failed.
                      All I did manage to find was,
                      On the PVB,with DBS patch. If you enter the sewers room 202 I think,the one with the tiny out of proportion spiders,if you run to the end of that corridor,find the space on the wall that allows you to 'air Jesus' and do that. You can then just run back into the sewers main area travelling through the door.
                      Anyway somehow the spiders follow you,and are of correct proportion in the main area.

Totally useless and pointless,and my apologies if it's already been covered!
                      Hey Welshboydave - nice to meet ya
                      As far as I am aware I believe this has been covered somewhere before (maybe in another topic thread I dunno) but still, awesome that ya found it..

I followed 1.5 YEARS ago for a little while at least, then totally forgot about it until I saw the first few posts in this thread.. cannot wait until its finally finished.
                      That new screen on Leon looks cool .. and yes - I also believe its a helicopter he saw, not Elza crashing - there is a shot somewhere of a view looking over to the other side of the street (the helipad is on the left, other side on the right) which would kinda fit with a helicopter crash - and why this MAY have been carried over to RE2 like most things in 1.5?
                      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                        Hey Welshboydave - nice to meet ya
                        As far as I am aware I believe this has been covered somewhere before (maybe in another topic thread I dunno) but still, awesome that ya found it..

I followed 1.5 YEARS ago for a little while at least, then totally forgot about it until I saw the first few posts in this thread.. cannot wait until its finally finished.
                        That new screen on Leon looks cool .. and yes - I also believe its a helicopter he saw, not Elza crashing - there is a shot somewhere of a view looking over to the other side of the street (the helipad is on the left, other side on the right) which would kinda fit with a helicopter crash - and why this MAY have been carried over to RE2 like most things in 1.5?
                        I agree,it's far more logical that it's a helicopter crash than Elzas crash.
                        Some commenting on Igas new photo claims Kamiya has stated it was a helicopter crash a few years ago in an interview. Can anyone confirm this?

Edit! Just talking with a dude open the opening Leon sequence on the photo,about the most likely scenario.
                        As above I said it was either a helicopter crash,or that simply the route to the sewer was blocked. Igas replied to my comment saying I was the winner.
                        I assume this confirms that it's either the first or second scenario above that Leon's referring too.
                        I know it's generally accepted that it's a crash,but it's nice to have some sort of official confirmation of it nonetheless!
                        Last edited by Welshboydave; 02-25-2014, 07:50 AM. Reason: Update!

Comment

• Another Team IGAS update?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1653703_262688050558801_1442934274_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	403601

Seriously though, very nice.

Comment

• Yay cut-scenes!

Comment

• A comment on the new screenshot asked if there will be any voice acting included in the dialogue, IGAS replied:

What do you guys think? I hope the picture isn't twisted into thinking that there will be voice acting, but there may be a possibility.

Comment

• Anybody care to speculate as to the differences between the trial version and the full release?

Comment

Working...
                                X