Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
    Why on earth would anyone want to read a 16 MB file on a system with only 2 MB of memory?

Generally, regular streams on the PS1 keeps on rollin' from the frame/address you tell it to start at and ends at the frame/address you tell it to stop at.
    I meant stream instead of read, the filesize of a file is read from a 3 byte value in the exe limiting it to FF-FF-FF if it was read from a 4 byte FF-FF-FF-FF value we could use up to 4GB files.

Comment

• MDEC playback doesn't work with byte size, but with frame counters. As long as a proper frame size is provided the typedef used for storage is unimportant.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• The filesize value is used to tell it what sector to finish reading from for any file,
        if it has too high a value it'll starting reading parts of the next following file.
        They could of just done -1 on the two byte start lba value of the next file instead of wasting space containing all the filesize values.
        Last edited by Mikhail; 04-05-2014, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• File size has nothing to do with the way entries are located and accessed - what does the actual seek on disk is the LBA and that's how it works on any system using allocation tables. Stacking on file sizes to build seek tables would be stupid, error prone, and also quite slow like accessing std::list iterators, but fortunately that's not how it works.
          Last edited by Gemini; 04-05-2014, 04:15 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Does anyone have a zipped folder of all the concept art pictures from 1.5?

Comment

• Something's a brewin in the IGAS lab. We are at 2600+ already and still no update even if BZork is answering questions. Good to know things are still live and well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                Something's a brewin in the IGAS lab. We are at 2600+ already and still no update even if BZork is answering questions. Good to know things are still live and well.

Comment

• New update on FB, looking more and more like a retail title every month.

Comment

• I like how they setup the customization menu. I wonder how they're going to choose to implement the quick knife function though. Maybe the "Change Aim" button when the player doesn't have a firearm aimed? Assigning an unused button as a map hot key would be a nice addition I think. But it's a good job nonetheless.
                    Last edited by Graco; 04-11-2014, 07:37 AM.
                    sigpic
                    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Great to see a new picture. It's also good to see that you can choose whether you want certain features within the gameplay such as the tactical reload and quick turn, it'll definitely satisfy everybody in that aspect. Good job IGAS, good to hear from you.

Comment

• Very nice! Looking good! I noticed the memory card screen says "other data," does that mean its running on original hardware? Or is that perhaps from retail or other builds of BIO2 that clash with 1.5s game ID?

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
                          Very nice! Looking good! I noticed the memory card screen says "other data," does that mean its running on original hardware? Or is that perhaps from retail or other builds of BIO2 that clash with 1.5s game ID?
                          other games' save data

Comment

• Two thumbs up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                              other games' save data
                              Indeed, although on most emulators doesn't each game have its own individual memory card allocation as opposed to sharing fiften slots with other games? I assumed BIO2 IDs would be the only ones sharing that particular memory card, or perhaps some other files relevant to the development. I'm probably mistaken.

It all looks very crisp. I like the colours of the map screen, and the battle feature select looks like it will make for a lot of playability, especially if there are multiple difficulties, it will be a challenge to beat game using different attack and defensive strategies on each play through.

Not a lot we haven't already seen before but enough to remind me of how nice everything is looking.

Comment

• MY BODY IS READY. Nice new screens IGAS. My anticipation is so high for the project.
                                My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
                                X