Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is same field of view for all. can use method to get other result if want.

Comment

• 886 pages. Wow. That said GO IGAS!
      Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Thanks B.Zork I've always had a feeling that the original RE1 uses a narrower camera than 2 & 3 and Capcom returned to a narrower lense for REMake and 0.

Also, in the pre-rendered RE games there was always a pause of a few frames between every camera switch. Can you tell if this is an intentionally added delay or does the PSOne need that time to get a new background onscreen?
        "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• It loads the BS backgrounds individually into memory rather than the whole room BSS file, the delay is it switching back and forth to read these BS sections of the same bss.

Comment

• Thanks Mikhail. I'm just watching some gameplay of the original on the PC and it feels odd watching the camera switches without the pause.

I've always been curious to know how other engines handled pre-rendered backgrounds on the PSOne. Alone in the Dark 4 had much larger pauses, but then it was bringing in multiple versions of each background at different lighting levels, whilst Evil Dead: Hail to the King had no pauses and a larger colour palette.
            "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
              Thanks Mikhail. I'm just watching some gameplay of the original on the PC and it feels odd watching the camera switches without the pause.

I've always been curious to know how other engines handled pre-rendered backgrounds on the PSOne. Alone in the Dark 4 had much larger pauses, but then it was bringing in multiple versions of each background at different lighting levels, whilst Evil Dead: Hail to the King had no pauses and a larger colour palette.
              Just depends on how they decided to use the vram it's only 1024x512, capcom settled on 320x240 backgrounds which effectively becomes 320x480 with masks, 1024x32 chunk leftover which the clut is stored in and a 704x480 chunk for everything else.
              Last edited by Mikhail; 05-19-2014, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Wow, the 'likes' jumped beyond the 2900-mark before I knew it. I hope more images of finalised backgrounds are posted! I love those, even if the differences are subtle. The only room I'm dying to see is the 2F Lift Corridor, though.

Comment

• I might sound like a little b$#, but when they gonna release the demo ? i want to play this game so bad...

Comment

• hello forum friends to alleviate waiting game I bring a gift are the resident evil versions 1y2 alpha and beta of the game that has debug menu there are only two part bug where if you talk to your friend hurt the character does not move using debug menu to the solution, if you read a document from one closed the game freezes.
                    Now the link:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!
                    Last edited by Jesus Romero; 05-20-2014, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• hello forum friend I bring a gift

Learn English for Spanish Speakers online with Pimsleur Premium English for Spanish Speakers or Pimsleur All Access. Try the full English for Spanish Speakers course absolutely free.
                      Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• is fun when some files is maybe a file i make.

anymore final question for documents? i think maybe editor finish write and answer next week or something

Comment

• Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                          is fun when some files is maybe a file i make.

anymore final question for documents? i think maybe editor finish write and answer next week or something
                          Why is it so difficult to achieve a 100% match between the camera angles of an original background and its recreated version? Did Capcom add some kind of sorcery to their geometry and/or camera? If I superimpose an original background over its recreated version, the shapes almost line up, but there's always something a bit off about the angle. Perhaps you weren't concerned with an exact match in the first place?

Comment

• An update from the team would be nice, they're almost at 3,000 likes and 2 new pictures behind =P

Comment

• My guess is that after finalizing the boiler room they're busy doing the same with whatever room comes next.

Comment

• I wonder how they will handle the difficulty balance with the variety of weapons- mainly concerning the two fully automatic weapons. With the inclusion of the additional assault rifle, I wonder if the uzi will have a standard clipsize with obtainable ammo sparely placed throughout the game. I strongly support the single space size of it also- the SUB machine gun should not take more space then the customized SHOTGUN. I'm quite certain the AR will have the percentage system but will the uzi too? If its character specific, I'm sure either would be Leon exclusive but that doesn't quite answer my balancing question. Would it really be worth it to push one of them to an unlockable special weapon? I wouldn't think so.
                                Last edited by NEOMEGA; 05-26-2014, 09:43 PM. Reason: size logic!

Comment

Working...
                                X