Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a new update

Comment

• That looks great! The wood veneer and the skirting on the ceiling looks like it's straight out of one of the early alpha builds, very fitting of the RPD, I like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajrich17901 View Post
        Finally a new update
        Looks good but are they still just updating with pics? aren't we supposed to have a full working demo by now?

Not sure about u guys but i cant seem to care anymore or get hyped over pics they were doing the same thing about 3 years ago i smell something fishy going on why it takes this long for a PS1 game to get made even it is free and doing it on their own time theres no reason it should take this long other than them not working on it or doing it at "their" pace.Which is probably not as much as we like.

i understand devolopment takes time they probably have jobs, lives, etc. but to me it looks like they just dont care about the fans to make this playable anytime soon so i gave up on caring about this project myself...if they release it good for them if they dont oh well at least we have pics to look at lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by V Venom80 View Post
          Looks good but are they still just updating with pics? aren't we supposed to have a full working demo by now?

Not sure about u guys but i cant seem to care anymore or get hyped over pics they were doing the same thing about 3 years ago i smell something fishy going on why it takes this long for a PS1 game to get made even it is free and doing it on their own time theres no reason it should take this long other than them not working on it or doing it at "their" pace.Which is probably not as much as we like.

i understand devolopment takes time they probably have jobs, lives, etc. but to me it looks like they just dont care about the fans to make this playable anytime soon so i gave up on caring about this project myself...if they release it good for them if they dont oh well at least we have pics to look at lol.
          Not at all. To be fair to them there's not much more they can show without spoiling the rest of the demo. It seems all of the rooms are rendered and working in a near complete form, the layer masks are in the process of being applied, that just leaves room population and event triggers which consist of the main gameplay aspects, for instance items, puzzles, keys, cut scenes and so forth, these are massive spoilers. Clearly they are working on one of the most technical aspects of the project which also happens to be one of the most boring and doesn't leave a lot to show that hasn't already been seen. Looking back at what they had a year ago they've clearly come a long way, we just have to be a little bit more patient and I'm sure the wait will be worth it.
          Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
            Not at all. To be fair to them there's not much more they can show without spoiling the rest of the demo. It seems all of the rooms are rendered and working in a near complete form, the layer masks are in the process of being applied, that just leaves room population and event triggers which consist of the main gameplay aspects, for instance items, puzzles, keys, cut scenes and so forth, these are massive spoilers. Clearly they are working on one of the most technical aspects of the project which also happens to be one of the most boring and doesn't leave a lot to show that hasn't already been seen. Looking back at what they had a year ago they've clearly come a long way, we just have to be a little bit more patient and I'm sure the wait will be worth it.
            Not saying they should post spoilers or more pics but at least a good update to the fans to let us know how far along they are or how often they work on the project would be nice.

a random pic for subscribers every so often doesn't tell u much....only that room in particular. I think a full report from them telling us themselves what they have done so far is much more informative, not every little detail but just what their working on rather than just a pic....just my opinion anyway.

Patience well u must have alot of it since this is a PS1 fan made game. Look at Megaman X Street fighter that was a fan made project also that came out 2 years ago...was it fun? sure. Was it worth the wait? Probably not.
            Last edited by V Venom80; 05-31-2014, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• If the images they post is any indication of their actual progress to this date, which I assume it is, what I just posted explains to you where they are in development. Currently they have working versions of all the rooms they need to complete the demo, but those rooms are missing layer masks and the camera angles still need tweaking to be considered ready for an actual release. This is a very time consuming process as it requires placing masks around the 3D environment and making sure they fit together like a giant jigsaw piece right down to the pixel, and this has to happen for every single camera angle in every single room throughout the entire demo. They could probably start populating the rooms with enemies, items, weapons, keys, puzzles and so forth and have something playable in a matter of weeks, but the over all look of the game and the quality they desire is still lacking. In my personal opinion, the demo is probably in early beta stages and is around 60% - 70% complete, when the camera angles are finalized and all mask layers are applied, the demo will be in a near final state and the work required to put all the gameplay events together will be minimal. This is the biggest hurdle but it is also the most boring so try not to get disgruntled by the fact that they have little progress to show of.

Comment

If the images they post is any indication of their actual progress to this date, which I assume it is, what I just posted explains to you where they are in development. Currently they have working versions of all the rooms they need to complete the demo, but those rooms are missing layer masks and the camera angles still need tweaking to be considered ready for an actual release. This is a very time consuming process as it requires placing masks around the 3D environment and making sure they fit together like a giant jigsaw piece right down to the pixel, and this has to happen for every single camera angle in every single room throughout the entire demo. They could probably start populating the rooms with enemies, items, weapons, keys, puzzles and so forth and have something playable in a matter of weeks, but the over all look of the game and the quality they desire is still lacking. In my personal opinion, the demo is probably in early beta stages and is around 60% - 70% complete, when the camera angles are finalized and all mask layers are applied, the demo will be in a near final state and the work required to put all the gameplay events together will be minimal. This is the biggest hurdle but it is also the most boring so try not to get disgruntled by the fact that they have little progress to show of.
                I understand this. My Gripe is that they must do all that just to complete a Demo and wasting time they might as well just forget the demo and get the full complete game out faster.

I have lost interest in a demo at this point...in fact i lost interest in the project because of this.

There is another fan Project for RE 2 called Reborn and it is a Remake of RE 2 which i've gained much more interest in and their team at least gives u updates more often and lets everyone know where they are or if anything will be delayed.

Comment

I understand this. My Gripe is that they must do all that just to complete a Demo and wasting time they might as well just forget the demo and get the full complete game out faster.

I have lost interest in a demo at this point...in fact i lost interest in the project because of this.

There is another fan Project for RE 2 called Reborn and it is a Remake of RE 2 which i've gained much more interest in and their team at least gives u updates more often and lets everyone know where they are or if anything will be delayed.
                  How can you complete the game if you haven't completed the demo? You still have to finish the project to the exact same standards and would incur the exact same development times just to get to this point.

Comment

Not saying they should post spoilers or more pics but at least a good update to the fans to let us know how far along they are or how often they work on the project would be nice.

a random pic for subscribers every so often doesn't tell u much....only that room in particular. I think a full report from them telling us themselves what they have done so far is much more informative, not every little detail but just what their working on rather than just a pic....just my opinion anyway.
                    I suppose that anything less than a full, video walk-through of an unreleased product will be no good for you?

Originally posted by V Venom80 View Post
                    Patience well u must have alot of it since this is a PS1 fan made game. Look at Megaman X Street fighter that was a fan made project also that came out 2 years ago...was it fun? sure. Was it worth the wait? Probably not.
                    Apples and oranges.

Obviously, MMxSF used 8-bit sprites... quite the difference from a full 3-Dimensional environment.

Not to mention how extraordinarily easier it is to develop for a modern PC platform, as compared to proprietary video game console.

Originally posted by V Venom80 View Post

Nobody's stopping you from moving on.
                    Last edited by MeganGrass; 05-31-2014, 01:49 PM.
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Friend the project team is frozen on vacation does not tell them not to give concern for game development so

Comment

• 3:32

Anyone know what the music track is? Possibly another unused 1.5 track?

Comment

Come on people, let me see 26 more likes.
                          I'm not liking anything to see new content. I'm currently in standby mode. I already ate most of the "pure build" content just like I did with the GBC port, and I rather not spoil the IGAS version... I suggest people to do the same to enjoy more of the final product, but that's just my shitty opinion.
                          Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleff View Post
                            I'm not liking anything to see new content. I'm currently in standby mode. I already ate most of the "pure build" content just like I did with the GBC port, and I rather not spoil the IGAS version... I suggest people to do the same to enjoy more of the final product, but that's just my shitty opinion.
                            1.5 is pretty much already spoiled for me at this point, I don't think anything they've been showing will change my experience of the game, if anything I learn more about their development. One of my friends, he is a massive RE fan but he avoids the internet and has never seen anything other than the original 1.5 media, however he is aware the game is being worked on. On one hand I enjoy all the research I've done over the years but on the other hand I'm massively jealous, as out of everyone I've spoke to about the game he's the one who's going to enjoy it the most. So I understand your opinion completely. For me, I'm kind of content with the fact that I've already spoiled most of the game for my self.
                            Last edited by Guest; 05-31-2014, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• We've already seen all of what Capcom had to offer, now we just want to see what IGAS can do with the rest of it.

Comment

3:32

Anyone know what the music track is? Possibly another unused 1.5 track?
                                "The Code Is Veronica".

BioHazard YouTube Channel
                                BioHazard 2 Prototype Database Project

Comment

Working...
                                X