Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
    I think they screwed up the placement of the two boxes kendo shoves off the roof both should land below outdoor A, having a lone box in outdoor B near the ventalation fans makes no sense.
    Oh so is that where the crates came from? I always assumed there was more to that area but had never considered that before. You are right though, it doesn't make much sense for a crate to be randomly hanging around on the roof above the east corridor (I always got outdoor A and B confused with each other!). How that would effect the scenario order I don't know...

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
      Oh so is that where the crates came from? I always assumed there was more to that area but had never considered that before. You are right though, it doesn't make much sense for a crate to be randomly hanging around on the roof above the east corridor (I always got outdoor A and B confused with each other!). How that would effect the scenario order I don't know...
      Wierd I know, Outdoor B even has the cracked wall where the crate must of hit before dropping down to the 1F.

Comment

• So the crate has dropped down from the helipad, hit the edge of the Outside B roof and fell to the floor below next to the door? That makes sense, although as you pointed out not by the way they've designed it! This game man, the more you learn about it the more you realise just how poorly designed and prototype esque it still was (despite how clever and intricate the scenario could have been), I'm sure even the Bioflames build didn't come close to ironing out these inconsistencies making sense of the scenario.

It makes me glad to love the retail era so much, I've always thought that most of the changes they made were for the best and the more I learn the more I can appreciate that they didn't do it for no reason. This game was all kinds of f****d up, a mish mash of ideas and disjointed assets from all across its development. Trying to make sense of it feels like trying to complete a jigsaw with a mixture of pieces from different puzzles (has someone made that analogy before? I'm pretty sure they have), it's almost impossible, and at some point we're always going to have to draw in the missing pieces out selves.

Imagine trying to fix this stuff for real back in 1996? It's took the community the best part of two years worth of analysis to figure out all of these problems and that's before we even touch the games assets. No wonder Capcom restarted the scenario from scratch.

Comment

• Originally posted by geluda View Post
          So the crate has dropped down from the helipad, hit the edge of the Outside B roof and fell to the floor below next to the door? That makes sense, although as you pointed out not by the way they've designed it! This game man, the more you learn about it the more you realise just how poorly designed and prototype esque it still was (despite how clever and intricate the scenario could have been), I'm sure even the Bioflames build didn't come close to ironing out these inconsistencies making sense of the scenario.

It makes me glad to love the retail era so much, I've always thought that most of the changes they made were for the best and the more I learn the more I can appreciate that they didn't do it for no reason. This game was all kinds of f****d up, a mish mash of ideas and disjointed assets from all across its development. Trying to make sense of it feels like trying to complete a jigsaw with a mixture of pieces from different puzzles (has someone made that analogy before? I'm pretty sure they have), it's almost impossible, and at some point we're always going to have to draw in the missing pieces out selves.

Imagine trying to fix this stuff for real back in 1996? It's took the community the best part of two years worth of analysis to figure out all of these problems and that's before we even touch the games assets. No wonder Capcom restarted the scenario from scratch.
          Maybe IGAS could scrap the crates in outdoor B and explain away the cracked wall with Mr X dropping down searching for Ada, there's no reason to renter the radio room through the outdoor vent since you undo it with the screwdriver in the radio room anyway, the locked door could just be a fault because of the fire / van crash.
          What's even more funny is if the crates fell in the correct position they'd block access to the ladder unless where to believe they rolled sideways down the gap.

Comment

• They aren't meant to be the same crates. The crates on the helipad are meant to be pushed off after the boss fight in the conference room and immediately before Elza and John escape the RPD. It's the last thing they do before leaving the RPD and it's completely analogous with what happens in the underground parking in Leon's scenario. Whereas, the crate in the rear/van area of the RPD is meant to be pushed off midway through the exploration of the RPD. Also, Outdoor A is at the front of the RPD, whereas Outdoor B is at the rear. It doesn't match up geographically and chronologically.

there's no reason to renter the radio room through the outdoor vent since you undo it with the
            You can't re-enter the radio room since there's no crate in front of the outdoor side of the vent, unlike the archive room vent. The crate that fell off should have been very near to the radio room vent though. So it's likely that was its original purpose, before falling off for gameplay purposes. You'd have to go through the archive room vent if you want to re-enter the second floor interior.
            Last edited by biohazard_star; 11-29-2014, 11:46 PM.
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
              I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Capcom that'd booboo'd themselves a consistency issue on their own too. Totally a good solution if that's what they did
              Yeah, the elevation discrepancy on the first floor of the retail RPD is a good example of a major design flaw on Capcom's part, but this was corrected in later iterations of the design out of necessity (fully 3D environments demand consistency). I hope that IGAS, in their desire to make a polished product, takes such a correction into consideration, especially since it doesn't contradict–but rather is supported by–the evidence that we have.

EDIT: I should add that stairs usually don't appear on maps anyway, including the steps leading up to the antechamber of the factory's warehouse (same height).

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
              It doesn't match up geographically and chronologically.
              Absolutely correct on both accounts; those two pairs of crates are unrelated in time and space.
              Last edited by Enigmatism415; 11-30-2014, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                Yeah, the elevation discrepancy on the first floor of the retail RPD is a good example of a major design flaw on Capcom's part, but this was corrected in later iterations of the design out of necessity (fully 3D environments demand consistency). I hope that IGAS, in their desire to make a polished product, takes such a correction into consideration, especially since it doesn't contradict–but rather is supported by–the evidence that we have.

EDIT: I should add that stairs usually don't appear on maps anyway, including the steps leading up to the antechamber of the factory's warehouse (same height).

Absolutely correct on both accounts; those two pairs of crates are unrelated in time and space.
                But how did the two crates get into outdoor b, there's no gap in the guard rail and the ventalation system is in the way also seen in the heliport stairs.

Comment

• They exist for gameplay purposes. I wouldnt really think too hard about it. If you really want an in-universe explanation, there's a a maintenace area on the third floor right above Outdoor B that can't be explored in-game. Maintenance personnel could have dropped it from there.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

• I don't remember any misaligned room issues with any of released REs, so it seems abit harsh to say "I can imagine Capcom doing this". It's also overly harsh to attribute this to Capcom, rather than the indivual team members involved. Have any of you looked to see which staff on RE1.5 worked on RE titles before or after this before going on the offensive?

Remember we're dealing with an early build with rooms developing out of sync to each other. There's a chance that these issues would have been dealt with during the rest of the project.
                    Last edited by Jimmy_Jazz; 12-01-2014, 11:02 AM.
                    "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                      I don't remember any misaligned room issues with any of released REs
                      The RPD's west wing (retail) has a well known inconsistency in elevation. It was corrected in Outbreak by adding a short flight of stairs to the "Marvin" office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                        The RPD's west wing (retail) has a well known inconsistency in elevation. It was corrected in Outbreak by adding a short flight of stairs to the "Marvin" office.
                        I don't remember this being corrected in Outbreak. I'll see if I can find it in a video later.

But yeah, the floor elevation errors are definitely a mistake by Capcom. Especially the one in 1.5, since that area behind the shutter where the zombies crawl through is not included in the RPD map, you are never meant to go behind it. However, it would be interesting if the team made it so that you could go behind it, by adding a crowbar item, which if you come back later, could tear the shutter down, and you could find some ammo in there or something else.
                        My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                        ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Or, you know, just crawl through it.

Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• hello friends I never said I would have elsa nude photos and that they MRzork and I are the same is possible? And I bring you news on facebook team announced that an advanced beta of the game will be released next week but the final game will not be released by several member left the team's sorry folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Romero View Post
                              hello friends I never said I would have elsa nude photos and that they MRzork and I are the same is possible? And I bring you news on facebook team announced that an advanced beta of the game will be released next week but the final game will not be released by several member left the team's sorry folks.
                              Cool story Jesus. Can you show us where we might find the Gospel truth?

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
                                But yeah, the floor elevation errors are definitely a mistake by Capcom. Especially the one in 1.5, since that area behind the shutter where the zombies crawl through is not included in the RPD map, you are never meant to go behind it.
                                We don't have to go behind the shutter to see what's there. If you examine the relevant background that I posted earlier, you can see the edge of the loading dock behind this shutter. The lighter portion is the platform itself, whilst the darker portion beyond it lies at street level. This level change is even highlighted by what appears to be a strip of moonlight running across the edge. Can I confirm this 100%? Of course not. However, it seems like a reasonable observation until proven incorrect.

Comment

Working...
                                X