Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gemini how long does it took you to build your engine?
    Last edited by CraZyEddy2010; 01-29-2015, 03:31 PM.
    "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
      I do miss seeing little updates and demos.. kinda forgot about 1.5 and haven't touched the MZD Build for ages.. sad really.
      I was slightly tempted to show another video of the improvements over vanilla (adios, door loading sequences to move between floors *ouch*), but decided to hold for the moment. I'll probably post some footage of the 1F-3F staircase when masks for that room are rebuilt and finalized. This could take a while since I've been given several room projects to work on and fine tuning is a long process.

Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
      Gemini how long does it took you to build your engine?
      It's been in development since late March 2014, roughly 8-9 months. The current build provides an almost complete framework.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• So they did create new masks. So much for DXP and the rest of the jealous modders' theories.

Comment

• Amazing work Gemini..

I'm gonna get way ahead of myself with this but if you managed to get an playable RPD, would you release that as a small demo until the final product is done? Or is there a crap tonne more to do in regards to setting up cutscenes and the like?
          4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
            The kennel I have in my files only displays six cells and the map archive I have used comes from the latest build; I made no alterations whatsoever to it.
            Oh, I guess IGAS had a change of heart since the MZD build. I remember arguing the case for six kennel cells a long while back, but I decided to just let IGAS make their final decision in peace. Happy to be back at six!

---

Cheers for the great footage, by the way. Aside from the splotchy compression in some backgrounds and the 2F corridor's new colour palette, it all looks and feels outstanding. I hope to see more soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
              So they did create new masks. So much for DXP and the rest of the jealous modders' theories.
              Well, the project files do have masks and they did appear multiple times in previous footage. They are generated with a different method than what I have right now, but they are indeed there even in the short video I posted.

Originally posted by Aydan View Post
              I'm gonna get way ahead of myself with this but if you managed to get an playable RPD, would you release that as a small demo until the final product is done? Or is there a crap tonne more to do in regards to setting up cutscenes and the like?
              The intent is to have a fully playable RPD & some more with events and giggles. It won't be released with empty rooms or broken stuff, it wouldn't be worth all the effort otherwise.
              Last edited by Gemini; 01-29-2015, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• Awesome, that's good to know. I figured it would have been a proper showcase of the game rather than a bland empty tour of some rooms. Something to look forward to in the coming months hopefully

Keep up the great work.
                4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

• I think I just came in my pants. IGAS and Sqweeze Bomb? D.Birkin and Gemini joining forces? I can just barely contain myself. This is gonna be so fucking awesome. 20 years later the forgotten game finally receives the treatment it deserves.

Hey Gemini, are you allowed to tell us, how long has IGAS worked with your Squeeze Bomb-engine now, and was IGAS' months long silence all because of the porting work taking place in secret?

Also, now that the project has at their disposal an engine they can fully control, is it possible to create an ISO that, after burning it would boot as is on an unmodified console?

Overall, this transfer to Squeeze Bomb was nothing but a good thing. For one, it'll help to clear some legal issues: IGAS is now using even less of Capcom's assets in the final product, which helps to move this project a bit further away from the legal dark area, just in case it still matters.

Comment

• Unmodified console will never happen. There were some unsubstantiated rumors a year or two back that someone managed to figure it out after spending money on a ton of hardware, but that never panned out. Pirates never figured it out either.

Comment

• I heard you need a special type of disc burner as well as burning the copyright protection which apparently has been cracked and burnable. Correct me if I'm wrong.
                      Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 01-29-2015, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Excellent video, but I'll miss the old animation... Anyway, those new areas look, in somehow those Retail from 2 and 3, IGAS and Gemini are doing a great job, but the Door transition it what's make Resident Evil not a Loading message... Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by STARSRedfield View Post
                          Excellent video, but I'll miss the old animation... Anyway, those new areas look, in somehow those Retail from 2 and 3, IGAS and Gemini are doing a great job, but the Door transition it what's make Resident Evil not a Loading message... Just my opinion.
                          Well he said that the conversion isnt finished and a lot of animations are probably still being updated by IGAS. I'm pretty sure we will see the original walking animation again.

Your showing a lot of footage quite frequently- are IGAS ok with this?
                          Last edited by NEOMEGA; 01-29-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northman View Post
                            Hey Gemini, are you allowed to tell us, how long has IGAS worked with your Squeeze Bomb-engine now, and was IGAS' months long silence all because of the porting work taking place in secret?
                            It's been less than a week. Some of the latest comments spawned this decision out of minds.

Also, now that the project has at their disposal an engine they can fully control, is it possible to create an ISO that, after burning it would boot as is on an unmodified console?
                            Unless you use a swap trick or somebody decides to press an original master for the project, nope.

Originally posted by STARSRedfield View Post
                            the Door transition it what's make Resident Evil not a Loading message...
                            There's just no code to make the doors appear, only a draft and Birkin's code I'd need to integrate. For now the message works for what's needed and it can be easily replaced.

Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                            Your showing a lot of footage quite frequently- are IGAS ok with this?
                            All the positive feedback was a nice push in that direction. I'm still not showing everything to avoid any spoilers.
                            Last edited by Gemini; 01-29-2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borman View Post
                              Unmodified console will never happen. There were some unsubstantiated rumors a year or two back that someone managed to figure it out after spending money on a ton of hardware, but that never panned out. Pirates never figured it out either.
                              Get a ps2 and softmod it with free mcboot then run PS2PSXe job done, the official pops ps1 emulator was patched to run via usb and hdd also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                                The intent is to have a fully playable RPD & some more with events and giggles. It won't be released with empty rooms or broken stuff, it wouldn't be worth all the effort otherwise.
                                You heard it here first, folks.

So as to not spoil the main campaign, why not just make a temporary mock scenario specifically for the RPD demo? You know, just something for fun, but not 'canon' (whatever that means here). Perhaps that's what you were planning on doing anyway, and I misunderstood?

Comment

Working...
                                X