Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gemini, how does it feel to be the hero of the RE community? [no sarcasm intended] Isn't that like carrying a huge weight of expectations on your shoulders, since unlike IGAS, we have a better idea of who you are?

Comment

• To be honest I'm currently more concerned about being able to make sense of ANTLR to create an event compiler. This thing generates over 30,000 lines of code for parser+lexer alone and I'm just scratching the surface.
      Last edited by Gemini; 02-05-2015, 08:02 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
      , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
        Igas can ask Really3D to make the FMVs lol
        Spoiler:
        I agree.

On another note, I hope Ada at least makes it into the FMVs this time lol.

Comment

• Da only hero now is da_fog. But if more heroes come in the future they will be welcome.
          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
            Gemini, how does it feel to be the hero of the RE community?
            gemini is much professional in his work.

Comment

• Gemini, D. Birkin and B. Zork are the heroes of the RE community as a whole! I do still wonder why the man-spiders were removed from RE2 as they seemed like very interesting enemies as opposed to the slow non-threatening Ivy plants....

Comment

• Man spider reminds me of the chimera from the first game. Could be why they removed them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                  non-threatening Ivy plants....
                  Their demeanor was non-threatening, which made for quite a shock when they spit acid out of nowhere.

Comment

• They musta not hated the Manspider that much considering they made it into 3 in some form...

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                      Their demeanor was non-threatening, which made for quite a shock when they spit acid out of nowhere.
                      Let's not forget the SLAP! they give when dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                        Man spider reminds me of the chimera from the first game. Could be why they removed them.
                        Makes sense.
                        And Manspider wasn't meant to be able to climb to the ceilings and come out from the grates? well, for that you already have the Lickers. Manspiders came back -kind of- anyway for RE3 as Drain Deimos (dull unpopular creature) but I actually think the Reaper from RE5 is the closest creature to the Manspider.
                        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                            Man spider reminds me of the chimera from the first game. Could be why they removed them.
                            I'm with you on this one. They're both insect-human hybrids. At least with the Ivy, it doesn't feel too rip-offish (even though it shares the same attack patterns with the man-spider).
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

• I'm glad I'm not the only fan of the 90's animated Spider-Man series. Hell, the 90's had plenty of enjoyable comic based animated series. My love of the Spider-Man series (and the development of the saga you referenced) create a bit of my favor for the abandoned Resident Evil 2 creature.

I liked this creature's "could be anywhere" paranoia and its eagerness to close the distance between itself and the player. Its tendency to quickly overpower and decapitate in a pretty gruesome way reminds me more of Hunters to be honest. That aside, I love the disturbing mix of human and arachnid features while making it difficult to associate a face of some kind due to its erratic behavior. It's design is unsettling in more ways than one and I wish it had survived the transition.

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                              Shinji himself admits there's a few things he liked about 1.5 that didn't make it into retail like the more varied zombies (some fast and some slow with more resistance). Him or Kamiya also said there was an interesting concept that didn't make it into 1.5 where the player would finish off the final boss with an anti-virus bullet in their gun instead of with the rocket launcher.
                              Can you cite a source for that? Not that I find your claim far-fetched but I've not seen that discussed before. It would be interesting if that had been implemented as a reward for an optional task, or carried out over the course of two scenarios via the "zapping system".
                              Last edited by Graco; 02-06-2015, 11:08 PM.
                              sigpic
                              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                                I'm glad I'm not the only fan of the 90's animated Spider-Man series. Hell, the 90's had plenty of enjoyable comic based animated series. My love of the Spider-Man series (and the development of the saga you referenced) create a bit of my favor for the abandoned Resident Evil 2 creature.

I liked this creature's "could be anywhere" paranoia and its eagerness to close the distance between itself and the player. Its tendency to quickly overpower and decapitate in a pretty gruesome way reminds me more of Hunters to be honest. That aside, I love the disturbing mix of human and arachnid features while making it difficult to associate a face of some kind due to its erratic behavior. It's design is unsettling in more ways than one and I wish it had survived the transition.

Can you cite a source for that? Not that I find your claim far-fetched but I've not seen that discussed before. It would be interesting if that had been implemented as a reward for an optional task, or carried out over the course of two scenarios via the "zapping system".
                                It was an interview. It's legit

Comment

Working...
                                X