Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    Am I the only one who is content with the censored version? Those CV betas look like House of The Dead, and not in a good way.
    To me it's less about the look and more of the censorship issue, and I felt more about it at the time than I do now.

RE2 had quite a high level of gore for a game in 1998, so much so the Japanese version death scenes were cut as most people know. But when you go from being able to remove head, arms, legs, and half of the torso in RE2 (and lots in RE3 as well) to being able to do nothing in CV... it was a drastic change at the time.

Since then the franchise often skirts back and forth between quite realistic gore ala Remake, to weird non-weapon gore ala RE5, 6, and the Rev titles - while still being quite gory in the enemy transformation stakes, which just doesn't mesh with general gameplay.

Comment

• I agree, the blood looked so realistic in the original REmake. The HD remaster for some reason looks very cartoony due to the blood being much brighter and more of it coming out. The darker blood color in the original looked so eerie, hell the fucked up the water graphics to!

Comment

• I didn't know about the censorship of CV, I know about the "Original" RE2 Outfit for CV but i've never notice all the gore cut from the retail and present in the old trailers, even a zombie was cut, in my opinion, Code Veronica was better with all the gore and RE2 outfit instead of that blue jeans and "Heavy Zombies".
        Last edited by STARSRedfield; 03-22-2015, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• Little tech post then I can go back into silent mode: remember when the project dropped Japanese support altogether because of reasons? Turns out I found a nice solution thanks to cache-on-demand tricks. Now the deal is finding how many native speakers would actually help to build that, then I can dive a bit more into practical details to see what it looks like for real.
          Last edited by Gemini; 03-23-2015, 12:11 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
            Little tech post then I can go back into silent mode: remember when the project dropped Japanese support altogether because of reasons? Turns out I found a nice solution thanks to cache-on-demand tricks. Now the deal is finding how many native speakers would actually help to build that, then I can dive a bit more into practical details to see what it looks like for real.
            Nice!!! It will def be a welcome addition for many!

Comment

Little tech post then I can go back into silent mode: remember when the project dropped Japanese support altogether because of reasons? Turns out I found a nice solution thanks to cache-on-demand tricks. Now the deal is finding how many native speakers would actually help to build that, then I can dive a bit more into practical details to see what it looks like for real.
              I know a few...

Comment

• I actually meant somebody willing to do it first hand and an audience to enjoy the results. The solution is viable, but if there isn't any real demand or labour power it's a pointless effort which I'd rather avoid.
                Last edited by Gemini; 03-23-2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I actually meant somebody willing to do it first hand and an audience to enjoy the results. The solution is viable, but if there isn't any real demand or labour power it's a pointless effort which I'd rather avoid.
                  Once at least a demo is released, I'm sure there will be some バイオハザード otakus who will attempt to mod it or at least plaster some subtitles on a YouTube video.

Comment

• I doubt a mod would be doable due to all the protections. Anyways, I guess I'll ask around other boards, just to make sure.

While I'm at it, I guess I'll drop something for those who asked if the coliseum arena could be added with the new engine: it's added now, spiced up a bit too.

Comment

While I'm at it, I guess I'll drop something for those who asked if the coliseum arena could be added with the new engine: it's added now, spiced up a bit too.
                      Really awesome news! Hkw many enemies will there be at the same time?
                      "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• Oh shit! I'm hype to see this!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
                          Really awesome news! Hkw many enemies will there be at the same time?

This test has 8 of them and barely half of the processing power used. In reality the bar should raise a little over the half, but apparently I can push 10 zombies seemingly fine according to memory benchmarks (clickety here).

Comment

This test has 8 of them and barely half of the processing power used. In reality the bar should raise a little over the half, but apparently I can push 10 zombies seemingly fine according to memory benchmarks (clickety here).
                            Nice Picture I love the damaged Leon! Maybe Unmasked will chill out now about the lack of updates, assuming they still roam this board.....

Comment

• Mmm, nice. =)
                              sigpic

Comment

• All I can think of now is a RE4 Demake for the PS1
                                "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Working...
                                X