Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe the call back was for the new lines for RE2 as we know it today.

Also, we know there are a good bit of IG cutscenes done or half done.

^ More psm curator footage shows that

Also...has anyone ever tried to ask kamiya nicely who Elza's voice actor was..?
    Probably not XD
    Last edited by Darkness; 09-17-2012, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Most likely, isn't Leon the 1.5 version in the BH2 FMVs? It would be reused assets.

Comment

• I don't think there is any indication that FMVs were ever finished, only that some were done by the time the game was scrapped and never implemented.
        PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

• Oh, no one said they were finished, the game itself wasn't finished. But it's like beta 2, the FMVs were probably there, but not implemented as said before. It's like voices and all that stuff, you add them at the end.

edit: damn, I missed a few pages. I don't know why, but I don't automatically end up on the last page of the thread when I open it.
          Last edited by Rick Hunter; 09-17-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
            For those of you who believe that the FMVs were finished, where did you get this information from?
            Imagica, the team who made the CGI for RE2, gave an interview to Famitsu, in June 1998. They were asked by the journalist, "What was your biggest challenge working on this game [RE2]". They answered, "To redo the whole CGI, so they match the new storyline". No more details, but that's proof enough that they did the CGI for RE1.5 and had to redo everything for RE2.

And I don't have a close-up of the scan of the cover, sorry.

I have a short video made by a French TV channel, Fun TV, about RE2 CGI making-of. Fun Player (the video game show from Fun Player) call the company behind these CGI "Impression". Not sure if Imagica changed their name or if Fun Player made a mistake (it won't be their first). Still interesting to watch, even if you don't speak French:
            Last edited by imacwesker; 09-17-2012, 07:34 PM.
            Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

• We will never see the FMVs for 1.5.....
              But its amazing to just imagine them.
              Elza crashing her bike into the RPD.
              Leon signaling the chopper.

Comment

• Originally posted by imacwesker View Post
                Imagica, the team who made the CGI for RE2, gave an interview to Famitsu, in June 1998. They were asked by the journalist, "What was your biggest challenge working on this game [RE2]". They answered, "To redo the whole CGI, so they match the new storyline". No more details, but that's proof enough that they did the CGI for RE1.5 and had to redo everything for RE2.

And I don't have a close-up of the scan of the cover, sorry.

I have a short video made by a French TV channel, Fun TV, about RE2 CGI making-of. Fun Player (the video game show from Fun Player) call the company behind these CGI "Impression". Not sure if Imagica changed their name or if Fun Player made a mistake (it won't be their first). Still interesting to watch, even if you don't speak French:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H85r...ure=plpp_video
                Thanks for the info.

I'd expect the final beta of 1.5 to be somewhere near the same condition as the retail beta 2, but a little more polished. We know even in the bioflames build that some areas are still incomplete and the game lacks vital assets like FMV sequences. You can play thought beta 2 and get all the way to the end but there's still a lot of sections which are bare bones and don't work correctly, they're probably from similar stages of the development cycle.

Comment

• Elza crashing her bike into the RPD.
                  Leon signaling the chopper.
                  Has it actually been officially confirmed that Leon sees a helicopter crashing? Seeing as how Elza and Leon's scenarios start simultaneously, I'm inclined to believe that what he saw was Elza crashing into the RPD (and also possibly the armored van).
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

• Wait, armored van?

Comment

• Gotta say I think the Alpha version of Leon looked better than he looked in the later builds. He looked more hardened and more military like. I know he was a re-skin of Chris from Bio1 but I think that design looks the best.

Didn't Leon start out in the R.P.D. as he was already stationed in Raccoon City? I had always thought he didn't have that rookie persona that he does in the final version of the game.
                      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                        Gotta say I think the Alpha version of Leon looked better than he looked in the later builds. He looked more hardened and more military like. I know he was a re-skin of Chris from Bio1 but I think that design looks the best.

Didn't Leon start out in the R.P.D. as he was already stationed in Raccoon City? I had always thought he didn't have that rookie persona that he does in the final version of the game.
                        He's was still a rookie. He just was already in the city when the outbreak occured

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                          He's was still a rookie. He just was already in the city when the outbreak occured
                          Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not as well versed in the ways of 1.5 as some.
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                            Wait, armored van?
                            I'm talking about the police van crashed into the back of the station. I can't really imagine Leon just left it burning there, unless it happened pretty recently.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

• Then you must extinguish the fire to collect a certain item, just like the burning van in resident evil CV !

Comment

• I think Leon's short soliloquy holds most of the clues.

"Oh that's just freakin' great... now what am I gonna do?"

This implies that he was following a plan that he was counting on (maybe a plan given to him?). At the time of his speech, he had just realized that whatever plan he was following was no longer feasible for a reason that he'd just discovered, but we've yet to determine. His speech is one of disappointment rather than shock or sorrow.

I'm sure you've all noticed that he's standing right next to a couple of stacked metal crates, an obstacle that he cannot pass. He may have been planning to use whatever lied beyond that obstacle for help or to escape. Had a helicopter exploded, or any situation involving the deaths of innocent civilians transpired, I doubt he'd react as passively as "oh that's just freakin' great." Whatever happened probably did not involve humans or monsters; it was probably an obstacle that he'd just discovered. Those metal crates look like obstacles to me, so that's a strong possibility.

Here's another possibility:
                                Leon was calling for backup or rescue on his police radio (which any police officer would carry on his person), and the battery died or the signal dropped. This seems like the perfect scenario in which Leon would utter such a phrase of mild annoyance. The need for good reception is also a reason that he might have been on the roof.

...and yet another possibility:
                                It's curious that he was standing near the guard-rail; he also seemed to be looking out into the distance. Perhaps he spotted a helicopter flying by and tried desperately to get its attention to no avail (certainly another big disappointment).

Here is a translation of the "appropriate" subtitles:
                                Spoiler:
                                Last edited by Enigmatism415; 09-18-2012, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X