Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome! Good to see a new enemy.
    sigpic
    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Gemini, regarding the Colosseum, how complicated could environments theoretically be whilst handling a fair number of enemies (5-6)?

I'd love to know if it could handle rooms with the poly & texture detail on part with the original Dino Crisis whilst still being third person.
      "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
        The real interesting thing about that part is that the monster showing up in the Complete Disc footage might be another entry altogether, like most RE2 creatures have a recolored version showing up in the labs with slightly different AI.

But if we want to keep looking into interesting facts, I've got this:

Currently basing their behavior on patterns found hidden within vanilla 1.5. There is also another undocumented enemy in the sewer code, but apparently it's just an empty template with only the init branch filled. As for Baboons, further research made me realize that boss and regular enemies are pretty much the same thing, with only the initializer being slightly different (boss can have 17 sizes, enemy only uses one scaling value).
        HOLY TITS IS THAT THE BOSS ALLIGATOR? FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
          Gemini, regarding the Colosseum, how complicated could environments theoretically be whilst handling a fair number of enemies (5-6)?
          Depends entirely on how active subdivision works. The 1.5 models are very low poly and don't waste too much memory for pools, but that's just one side of the coin. I should perform benchmarks in order to see how much room there is in terms of processing power.

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
          HOLY TITS IS THAT THE BOSS ALLIGATOR? FREAKING AWESOME!!!
          It's the enemy alligator. His boss counterpart is way bigger and looks different, like thrice the polycount and more detailed textures. What I saw in the hidden 1.5 code looks like some kind of small boss alligator, but it's hard to tell exactly what it is with little visual evidence.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Depends entirely on how active subdivision works. The 1.5 models are very low poly and don't waste too much memory for pools, but that's just one side of the coin. I should perform benchmarks in order to see how much room there is in terms of processing power.

It's the enemy alligator. His boss counterpart is way bigger and looks different, like thrice the polycount and more detailed textures. What I saw in the hidden 1.5 code looks like some kind of small boss alligator, but it's hard to tell exactly what it is with little visual evidence.
            Any chance we could catch a glimpse? ;) Assuming it even works at all...

Comment

Are their model created from the scratch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                Any chance we could catch a glimpse? ;) Assuming it even works at all...
                After the boss baboon is implemented for good (a short video may also come along). The enemy alligators will run from template code until then; it's kind of messy understanding what the AI does with them. Step-by-step recreation will definitively be better.

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                Are their model created from the scratch?
                Only code exists within the build, so yeah.
                Last edited by Gemini; 03-30-2015, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Creating models from scratch must be a stressful process :/

Comment

But if we want to keep looking into interesting facts, I've got this:
                    By the way, why is Leon transparent?
                    Is that some kind of feature for the Colosseum mode?

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                      By the way, why is Leon transparent?
                      Is that some kind of feature for the Colosseum mode?
                      Might be a feature used only while aiming. Notice Leon us aiming with his gun.

Comment

• It's so you can see incoming enemies on your left

Comment

• ^^Exactly. Otherwise we would have a not so fun blind spot to deal with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                            It's so you can see incoming enemies on your left
                            Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                            ^^Exactly. Otherwise we would have a not so fun blind spot to deal with.
                            Well, that makes sense...
                            Gemini really thinks of everything.
                            Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-01-2015, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• Well, yeah, the transparency mode has been added via global entity flags (previously it was part based) in order to allow you to see more enemies. On a related matter, I realized the camera needs quite some fixes to give a proper idea of what's around you. With a more or less complete baboon it's quite difficult to navigate because they chase you around a lot, usually back stab you while running too. This is going to require some huge El Gigante tweaks.

[EDIT] Oh well, I'm kind of satisfied with the newly rewritten camera:

Don't mind buggy Baboon-san, he's just stretching his paws until he gets a brain.
                              Last edited by Gemini; 04-01-2015, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Very nice to finally see it in motion, the stage instantly reminds me of Metal Gear Solid VR training mode when in first-person view. Thanks for the sneekpeek.

EDIT: The camera distance from the character looked perfect, and the addition of the camera zooming in when ADS was a nice addition. I thought you were going to just leave it at one distance for both ads and movement.
                                Last edited by TableSet; 04-01-2015, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X