Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See, I don't think using tracks from RE3 is a good idea. Both the quality isn't as good and vibe of all of the tracks very much different from RE1 and 2. Honestly I was shocked to find out it was the same guy that did music between RE2 and 3. It almost seems like he poured his heart out on the RE2 score and ran dry for RE3 sadly.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
      See, I don't think using tracks from RE3 is a good idea. Both the quality isn't as good and vibe of all of the tracks very much different from RE1 and 2. Honestly I was shocked to find out it was the same guy that did music between RE2 and 3. It almost seems like he poured his heart out on the RE2 score and ran dry for RE3 sadly.
      It really just comes down to whether whatever used musically fits with what ends up on screen. "Concrete Bound" always seemed one of the more 'standard' or even mediocre tracks of 1/Remake, but MG's use of it as noted by Graco breathes a life into it not seen previous- the cold, almost bland meandering tune just bleeds into some of the 1.5 background perfectly.

So the question isn't about quality of fitting- "Bound' proves it very possible. It's whether or not Igas/Gem would prefer to have a previously used track for the game, which may or may not take a player out of the overall '1.5 experience'. Whatever that ends up being.

I actually agree with you on the 2/3 point- 2's is far superior, and actually the strongest element 2 itself uniquely has going for it.
      The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

• Hope those RE1 tunes are some of the unused or rarely heard themes. You guys can use tracks from another betas or trial editions. I've been searching for the ''Left Alone'' track from the trial disc since long time ago without luck. Also you can use some from Survivor or Complete disc too
        ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
          Hope those RE1 tunes are some of the unused or rarely heard themes. You guys can use tracks from another betas or trial editions. I've been searching for the ''Left Alone'' track from the trial disc since long time ago without luck. Also you can use some from Survivor or Complete disc too
          Are you talking about the "Left Alone" from the RE2 Trial? I remember hearing it, it's the same as the retail version except at a lower pitch. They changed the pitches of a lot of music and voices between trial and retail, including the pitch of Robert Kendo's voice.

Also, I am pretty sure they already started using Complete Disc title screen music for 1.5's "Options" theme. You can hear it in one of the "Making Of" videos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
            Are you talking about the "Left Alone" from the RE2 Trial? I remember hearing it, it's the same as the retail version except at a lower pitch. They changed the pitches of a lot of music and voices between trial and retail, including the pitch of Robert Kendo's voice.

Also, I am pretty sure they already started using Complete Disc title screen music for 1.5's "Options" theme. You can hear it in one of the "Making Of" videos.
            Yes, that one. Sounds a bit diferent from the retail but i cant find anywhere. Another thing that they can use from that trial is the Leon's picture from the inventory and make a custom one for Elza.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              After all Facebook isn't exactly the best place for discussions. On top of that, the IGAS page hasn't been updated in a while because there is no need for it: Google can definitively forward people to the right place.

There are some RE1 and RE3 themes already imported and set in stone. Some new ones may be produced too.

I'm just filling holes with the new engine and quick updates. Most of it comes from old and new IGAS work.
              Gemini, i want to ask something and i know its hard to respond but how much of the game its ported on squeeze bomb? all the locations are already there? and i know you are now in charge on the programing code but IGAS what are they doing? i mean they are still making rendered backgrounds or other stuff?.

Comment

• I
                Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                See, I don't think using tracks from RE3 is a good idea. Both the quality isn't as good and vibe of all of the tracks very much different from RE1 and 2. Honestly I was shocked to find out it was the same guy that did music between RE2 and 3. It almost seems like he poured his heart out on the RE2 score and ran dry for RE3 sadly.
                While I agree that the RE2 soundtrack is superior to RE3's the latter does have some gems of its own and is a solid offering in its own right. The Playstation titles have the strongest scores in the entire series.

Another great example of repurposing outside soundtrack elements is the use of Ben's theme for the RPD's elevator room in the original leak of MZD. I realize that's a selection from retail but it goes to show how (when applied properly) that outside content can be used meaningfully in a way that enhances the core experience. The argument against such a practice due to potentially breaking the immersion isn't lost on me however which is why I also advocate for original material to be used in the soundtrack as well.
                Last edited by Graco; 05-11-2015, 09:49 PM.
                sigpic
                "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Gemini is the new blood of the team.
                  but apparently we returned to the same.
                  long day and not spend time nothing.
                  and time are talking nonsense.
                  soundtrack which is used and what is not, I do not care.
                  I just hope that no bug release a demo soon.
                  Geminis have my confidence.
                  but if we get to December if a demo.
                  Gemini will step to the side of the slow IGAS
                  I just hope they do not make the same mistake.

Comment

• His posts are like poems now

They're beautiful

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus Romero View Post
                      Gemini is the new blood of the team.
                      but apparently we returned to the same.
                      long day and not spend time nothing.
                      and time are talking nonsense.
                      soundtrack which is used and what is not, I do not care.
                      I just hope that no bug release a demo soon.
                      Geminis have my confidence.
                      but if we get to December if a demo.
                      Gemini will step to the side of the slow IGAS
                      I just hope they do not make the same mistake.
                      If you find discussion amongst individuals in a forum specifically for that purpose to be "nonsense" then perhaps you're at the wrong place.
                      sigpic
                      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Burt Mustin View Post
                        It really just comes down to whether whatever used musically fits with what ends up on screen. "Concrete Bound" always seemed one of the more 'standard' or even mediocre tracks of 1/Remake, but MG's use of it as noted by Graco breathes a life into it not seen previous- the cold, almost bland meandering tune just bleeds into some of the 1.5 background perfectly.

So the question isn't about quality of fitting- "Bound' proves it very possible. It's whether or not Igas/Gem would prefer to have a previously used track for the game, which may or may not take a player out of the overall '1.5 experience'. Whatever that ends up being.

I actually agree with you on the 2/3 point- 2's is far superior, and actually the strongest element 2 itself uniquely has going for it.
                        Not exactly sure what your getting at in this post-Who is "MG" and what track is "Bound"? Concrete Bound was used in 1.5?
                        But speak for yourself for concrete bound. That is a great track that really captured or rather created its own environment for the lab.
                        Hope those RE1 tunes are some of the unused or rarely heard themes. You guys can use tracks from another betas or trial editions. I've been SEARCHING for the ''Left Alone'' track from the trial disc since long time ago without luck. Also you can use some from Survivor or Complete disc too
                        You can get RE2 trial music in ps1 format from zophar's domain and Left alone IS different from final. It has an additional background tune that has a Terminator 2 vibe to it that actually sounds very inappropriate for the track as a whole. They were smart to remove it in the final.
                        I completely forgot to add gun survivor 1 to their list to use for 1.5. Gun survivor's music is one of, if not its strongest trait of the game and unlike RE3 it DOES have good tracks fitting for a 1.5 AND/OR 2 environment.
                        Another great example of repurposing outside soundtrack elements is the use of Ben's theme for the RPD's elevator room in the original leak of MZD. I realize that's a selection from retail but it goes to show how (when APPLIED properly) that outside content can be used meaningfully in a way that enhances the core experience. The argument against such a practice due to potentially breaking the immersion isn't lost on me however which is why I also advocate for original material to be used in the soundtrack as well.
                        Yes this is why I think RE2 retail can contribute enough to 1.5 sound track. (Is it Ben's theme? I always thought it was William's considering you hear it in all cutscenes when his name is mentioned). It's funny too cause there is an unused variant of that theme in RE2 that is identical however it doesnt have the..."soaring past ears" effect. There's actually a few unused-slightly more primitive variants on the RE2 disc for example a version of Sherry's theme that lacks the main tune. Also if you let some cutscene tracks play beyond what is heard in game theres 1-2 unheard extensions of them too.
                        Last edited by NEOMEGA; 05-12-2015, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
                          His posts are like poems now

They're beautiful
                          Im not really sure of what he's talking about

Comment

Not exactly sure what your getting at in this post-Who is "MG" and what track is "Bound"? Concrete Bound was used in 1.5?
                            But speak for yourself for concrete bound. That is a great track that really captured or rather created its own environment for the lab.

#ConcreteBound - join the movement.

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by strikedio84 View Post
                              Gemini, i want to ask something and i know its hard to respond but how much of the game its ported on squeeze bomb? all the locations are already there? and i know you are now in charge on the programing code but IGAS what are they doing? i mean they are still making rendered backgrounds or other stuff?.
                              IGAS are doing whatever they've been doing so far, no big news there. I'm omitting those parts completely on purpose.

As for my part of the work:
                              • room data has been ported over for a while, includes most elements except for scripts;
                              • RPD enemies have been reimplemented entirely from scratch, still missing support players;
                              • most 1.5 specific gameplay elements are done and working fine.

If I had to make a rough estimate, I'd say the RPD is roughly 70% compatible with SB. Everything else is still on hold until I sort out compatibility issues.
                              Last edited by Gemini; 05-12-2015, 09:07 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Yes- "bound" in said post refers to previous mentioned track Concrete Bound. MG is referring not to Mel Gibson (who has colorful telephone conversations) but to our very own "Mark Grass".

The posts intent was (in part) meant to convey that when you were speaking of RE3's soundtrack (for which you, same as I, can 'speak only for' our self) and it's quality in comparison to 2, is that it is typically easy to say whatever X piece of music is "less than great", or whether, for whatever reasons (usually cerebral and more difficult to elucidate) the music just doesn't seem to fit the imagery/what is going on in-game in a particularly compelling fashion . And I feel in the case of 3, that both were occurring-- the music simply was not as strong as 1 nor 2, and on average did not blend as well.

But of course something such as music, all we have are our own opinions-- however, it isn't all necessarily 100% subjective- I wager if you were to show 10 different people who had no prior experience to either RE1/Remake/RE1.5 in-game playing footage with "Concrete Bound" used in the typical 1/remake areas, and then show them the same track used in the 1.5 locations Mark placed it in, the majority would pick the 1.5 scenario as fitting more effectively with the track. Extend this sample size to whatever number you like, and bet you that result remains the same. And there is something interesting about that if it were the tendency, considering the "Bound" track was created for 1, not 1.5/2.
                                The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

Working...
                                X