Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't be opposed to IGAS using all the unused RE1 tracks. There's like 10 tracks on disc that were never used.
    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
      I wouldn't be opposed to IGAS using all the unused RE1 tracks. There's like 10 tracks on disc that were never used.
      Got a link or 10?

Comment

• Originally posted by Renard View Post
        I came across file containing about 15 tracks from Resident Evil 2 claiming to be unreleased tracks and unreleased versions of certain tracks, half of which are Extreme Battle tracks.

I have two questions... Does anyone have a link to a playlist of the original Extreme Battle tracks so I can compare and see if the ones I found are actually different and worth uploading? And does anyone know a site where I can quickly and easily upload the tracks and share them?

EDIT: Most of them turned out to be lower-quality versions of Extreme Battle tracks, but there's still about 3 that I've never heard before.
        Try upload them on Mega
        ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          Dino Crisis would be cool to have, but that'd require reversing the custom format CAPCOM used there. Sound banks have been figured for a while (since the first release of Dino Clasher), however the tracker format seems to be completely custom and the implementation is kinda hard to follow in the disassembly.
          Thats a shame... I would have thought that since this is a custom engine build by yourself, that it would have the ability to just add any custom WAV/MP3 or whatever format you want to play..
          I have no idea how all this stuff works - I guess you can only work with what the PSX used, am I right?
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
            Thats a shame... I would have thought that since this is a custom engine build by yourself, that it would have the ability to just add any custom WAV/MP3 or whatever format you want to play..
            I have no idea how all this stuff works - I guess you can only work with what the PSX used, am I right?
            IIRC, MP3 playback is possible on a PSone, but it's so demanding of the system that nothing else can be done at the same time. Simply put, the machine wasn't built for playback of that audio type.

WAV playback is possible, of course, using a CD-DA disc layout, but isn't practical due to the amount of disc space it uses.

It's really much easier and sounds just as good to use sequences and their corresponding soundbanks.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
              IIRC, MP3 playback is possible on a PSone, but it's so demanding of the system that nothing else can be done at the same time. Simply put, the machine wasn't built for playback of that audio type.
              Not only that, the main hurdle of the system is that MP3 makes heavy use of float operations, which the PSX can't do natively (it uses a slow math library). It's possible to make low bitrates work, but CPU would be trashes a lot faster and game would lag. Definitively not worth the work, especially when tracker formats usually allow a lot more flexibility.

Meanwhile I made a patreon account as a test. Turns out I already have a patreon supporting the various projects. Wasn't expecting this to ever happen. :O

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                Got a link or 10?
                Again you can find it in psf format on zophar's domain. At least two of them were eventually used in deadly silence and a few were in the second beta.

Comment

• Nice block&picture hahahaha!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	CFklyejXIAA8DSM.png
Views:	1
Size:	482.9 KB
ID:	403929
                  Last edited by Unmasked; 05-22-2015, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• ^Nice.. reminds me of the RE DS 'Master of Knifing' Main Screen
                    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                      It's 1.5 and it's a playable version with weapons and shizzle, but content does not include a single piece of the RPD or any other game location. Let's say it's a foundation build that you're getting, with a precise idea of what contents to expect in the future.
                      There are currently 5 users browsing this thread.

I'm glad there's still activity around these parts. I was speaking to a co-worker the other day about RE and was pleased to hear he knew of 1.5 and the IGAS build, etc. My bioflames account will be ten years old in two months, what a long way we've come - I'm looking forward to this proof of concept foundation build. Cheers!
                      If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

• "Nothing More to Do Here"

"Madness Under the Mask"
                        sigpic
                        "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                          "Nothing More to Do Here"

"Madness Under the Mask"
                          https://youtu.be/tceNwN-VbF8
                          ^^^
                          Great tracks! The Chief Irons one scares the shit out of me to this day! Sucha creep!

Comment

• ''Nothing more to do here'' is kind of a sad music, thinking that nearly all the S.T.A.R.S team was wiped out in that Mansion. It's one of my favorite tracks from re2. Good one, Graco.

One question for Igas: You will include a S.T.A.R.S room in the 1.5 RPD like in the retail?
                            Last edited by Unmasked; 05-24-2015, 05:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
                              One question for Igas: You will include a S.T.A.R.S room in the 1.5 RPD like in the retail?
                              This is the closest thing you get:

There's no place for a STARS room in the 1.5 RPD.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                              , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
                                ''Nothing more to do here'' is kind of a sad music, thinking that nearly all the S.T.A.R.S team was wiped out in that Mansion. It's one of my favorite tracks from re2.
                                I think it would be very fitting in the deeper parts of the lab, perhaps the train area?. Can't quite put my finger on why I feel that way. It just has a very "final" and apocalyptic feeling to it. A very good representation of inescapable doom.
                                Last edited by Graco; 05-24-2015, 04:35 PM.
                                sigpic
                                "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Working...
                                X