Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
    ''Nothing more to do here'' is kind of a sad music, thinking that nearly all the S.T.A.R.S team was wiped out in that Mansion. It's one of my favorite tracks from re2. Good one, Graco.
    "Nothing More to do Here" has certainly always been my favorite track. As you said, it does have a very certain sadness to it, often bringing feelings of just absolute hopelessness.

I believe that it was very well-suited for the only place where it is played in-game, too - the STARS room. The revelation of everything that occurred really sinks in, and actually gives the feeling that there's really nothing more that can be done, other than to escape somehow.

On a personal level, it allowed me to both feel and accept what is and just move the hell on with my life. Yeah, this track really means that much to me.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• RE2 has some of the most powerful music I've ever heard, video game or otherwise. "Distant Memories" is another personal favorite.
      sigpic
      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• If you both like the sad, hopelessness of that track then you might enjoy this one:

"Blue Calx"

It always makes me think of "Christ of the Abyss" looking up as he sinks further into the ocean.

But now for something a little more on topic...

"Watch Your Back" sounds like a good track for the Factory area:
        sigpic
        "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Thanks Gemini, even if there's not a STARS office in the 1.5, that room looks good with the radio equip and the Raccoon map on it. Good Picture!

Also y felt somehow the same like Mark when i heard that track. Im agree with Graco on one of the aspects that makes RE2 a masterpiece is his soundtrack.
          ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
            "Nothing More to Do Here"

"Madness Under the Mask"
            https://youtu.be/tceNwN-VbF8
            Tracks like these really prove how most songs from RE2 to Outbreaks completely outclasses those shitty generic OSTs we're getting since RE4 (saving a very few RE5 tracks). Capcom must certainly be overlooking the importance of this for the series.
            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Lets not forget the masterful terrifying soundtrack of REmake also! Tho I feel Zero had the best score of the series but thats just me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                RE2 has some of the most powerful music I've ever heard, video game or otherwise. "Distant Memories" is another personal favorite.
                Darkside Chronicles' remixes utterly destroy the original tracks. They are so much better it hurts. That goes for RE2 as well as CV, and even the new tracks are excellent. All in all the best OST in the series in my opinion.

What is Distant Memories ?

Comment

• "Distant Memories"
                  sigpic

Comment

• I did not know 1.5 tracks had actual names. Are they fanmade ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                      Lets not forget the masterful terrifying soundtrack of REmake also! Tho I feel Zero had the best score of the series but thats just me.
                      Not just you, i love the Zero soundtrack, is on my top 3. Listen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sKgBI3Dhog
                      ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Heh, "Distant Memories" was always my preferred track of the 1.5's- it's general mood and harmonic changes are also very similar to the final boss music used in "Radiant Silvergun".

The series enjoyed a fairly good stretch regarding quality of score- said it before, but for the purposes of a horror game, it's often more effective to use synthetic and orchestral sounds that are by nature of a lower 'quality' than typically heard in film scores. Having the melodic/harmonic density of a typical quality movie horror score, coupled with the actual sound/timbre harsh/eerieness of whatever synth modules were used in 1-3, really helped in a way that has been almost unique to that period of games- the only ones that could really manage to 'get away' with it, before the visuals began to almost demand more standard film-esque sound quality.

Not all that enthused with much that followed, but Veronica had some good tracks. 'Outbreak' had that wonderful main sequence theme, but the rest of the files were pretty ordinary.
                        The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          I did not know 1.5 tracks had actual names. Are they fanmade ?
                          To be honest I'm not sure. I've just seen that track always referred to as such. It's been around since before the leak of 1.5. I think it surfaced with the RE2 beta? It may have been found within the 40% build as well. I don't have access to the collection of .psf files Mark posted a while back.
                          Last edited by Graco; 05-25-2015, 06:40 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Burt Mustin View Post
                            Heh, "Distant Memories" was always my preferred track of the 1.5's- it's general mood and harmonic changes are also very similar to the final boss music used in "Radiant Silvergun".

The series enjoyed a fairly good stretch regarding quality of score- said it before, but for the purposes of a horror game, it's often more effective to use synthetic and orchestral sounds that are by nature of a lower 'quality' than typically heard in film scores. Having the melodic/harmonic density of a typical quality movie horror score, coupled with the actual sound/timbre harsh/eerieness of whatever synth modules were used in 1-3, really helped in a way that has been almost unique to that period of games- the only ones that could really manage to 'get away' with it, before the visuals began to almost demand more standard film-esque sound quality.

Not all that enthused with much that followed, but Veronica had some good tracks. 'Outbreak' had that wonderful main sequence theme, but the rest of the files were pretty ordinary.
                            Agreed. The cold, inhuman qualities of the synthesizers used in composing the original trilogy was crucial to their greatness. One of the many aspects of the series which peaked during that period never to be achieved again since.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Are we even sure that track is from 1.5? It sounds more like a cut retail track to me, specifically something made for the retail RPD.
                              Seibu teh geimu?
                              ---

Comment

• I don't recall it being in the collection of 1.5 psf files that Mark posted. If someone has them that would be helpful. My collection of RE2 trial .psfs has the track listed as "Distant Memories (BETA)". I cannot verify whether or not the track appears in the beta, and I don't recall the music being used at any point during the trial. It may or may not have been composed during the time that 1.5 was still being developed, but I don't think we can make that determination without possessing the final build. But everything I've seen of it predates the official release and it seems to have been excluded entirely from it data-wise.

Retail? No. 1.5? Maybe. It's entirely possible that it doesn't belong to either and was composed during the transition. It's characteristic of the somber, gloomy ambient pieces created during 1.5's lifespan and coupled with its somewhat enigmatic origin attributes to it being accepted as a 1.5 track by some. I have always been puzzled by its abandonment considering its quality but then so were several other pieces from 1.5. It "feels" like it belongs to 1.5 for those reasons though that doesn't necessarily make it so.
                                Last edited by Graco; 05-25-2015, 11:56 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X