Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any psf players?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
      any psf players?
      Zophar has a Winamp plugin that will allow you to play psf files. You can also use the Nullsoft plugin to create .wav files.
      Last edited by Graco; 05-27-2015, 04:34 AM.
      sigpic
      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• It's amazing how empty SUB2400/Secoond Malformation of G feels compared to the amplified final version. Taking a safe bet it was defiantly from 1.5 in some way (possibly the end battle with Birkin before the train)
        Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Has anyone ever combed through the beta to see if there might be any leftover 1.5 textures similar to how the background renders were discovered on the trial disc? The psf files were certainly a nice little surprise.
          sigpic
          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• ^ Well, here's a single angle of the 1.5 boiler room tucked together with the retail boiler room angles in the Trial Edition. Wall to the left is the set of machinery in the middle of the room,
            while the rectangle to the right are the shelves placed beside the double doors in the back. Check the vanilla build renders or IGAS' recreation renders to compare. I believe final-era 1.5 Sherry
            was also found in either the Trial or Beta 2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ROOM2XX163.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	404710
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

• Gemini,

Any plans to implement story-only extras? I've always enjoyed games that had secret/optional boss fights. And it could open up more uses for the "zapping system" for some difficult battles. It's a way that Salem and Golgotha could be fully realized (among others) while adding more replay value with rewards and bragging rights.
              sigpic

Comment

• I don't think we will be seeing optional boss battles since no classic re title has done that. If anything they would devote that time for extra weapons and potential alternate costume unique animations in spirit of RE2. Also optional meeting cutscenes like RE1.

I CAN imagine a new boss battle for unlockible standalone characters post game though.
                Last edited by NEOMEGA; 05-27-2015, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• True, but this game is already going to have optional content that wasn't present in the series at the time of RE2's release. And it wouldn't be content that alters the natural gameplay or environment. It's really not that different from content such as "The 4th Survivor" or something similar.
                  Last edited by Graco; 05-27-2015, 10:59 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Well they could go the plant 42 route and make way to set things up for easier or harder boss fights. For example if the player avoids fighting the alligators boss fight and explore the sewer a little more maybe they could find a way to drain water in boss room, forcing alligators maneuver slower in the battle. That segment already is so reminiscent of the neptune area anyway why dont they 1 up the RE1 idea. I mean a similar concept is in play in RE2 with the giant alligator: If you handle it the right way in scenario A you dont have to fight it again in scenario B.

ADD: As for the zapping system this is where things get alittle grey. In 1.5 it's set in stone which character visits each area first(I believe its Elza?) So IGAS/Gemini can't do a "player sets off A events for B" because that would force the player to play the game with Elza first.
                    Last edited by NEOMEGA; 05-28-2015, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• Not necessarily. While you are correct that Elza is ahead of Leon, it's not by much. It should be possible for Leon to do an action which could trigger an event an area ahead. Let's say for instance Leon does something at a terminal in the factory which affects something in the labs. Or, Leon could take an action with a time delay in which Elza would back track to a previously completed area. With these being optional bosses it would not affect the flow of normal gameplay and story events. Any rewards unlocked could be found in the safe box upon repeated playthroughs of the game, and they could change the boss and/or reward based on several variables if they felt inclined to do so. This would set it up so that if the player can either:

- Take action "A" with one character and complete it by doing "B" with the same character

Or

- Take action "A" with one character and complete it by doing "B" with the other

Through a process of several playthroughs a player could unlock all the rewards for both characters on subsequent playthroughs.
                      Last edited by Graco; 05-28-2015, 05:43 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Someone mentioned above Salem and Golgatha! While that would be a cool idea I feel most of the concept art ideas for them were put into Birkins final 2 forms. Tho I am curious as to why there is a Wesker looking face on I believe Golgathas tail. Anyone have any theories?

Comment

• Well, there's been discussion that Wesker was intended to survive the events of the first game. Perhaps this was proposed to have been his fate during the early stages of 1.5's conception?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                            Any plans to implement story-only extras? I've always enjoyed games that had secret/optional boss fights. And it could open up more uses for the "zapping system" for some difficult battles. It's a way that Salem and Golgotha could be fully realized (among others) while adding more replay value with rewards and bragging rights.
                            As far as I'm aware, there is a big one, but from what I can recall it's kind of messy to implement. Let's just say it's a "What if" scenario.

Originally posted by Graco View Post
                            Not necessarily. While you are correct that Elza is ahead of Leon, it's not by much.
                            The problem is Leon and Elza don't work in parallel, their scenarios are completely separate. Like RE1, if you pick Jill, Chris will be jailed and vice versa. I believe this is one of the similarities mentioned by either Kamiya or Mikami in one of the interviews about the reasons for canceling 1.5. There is still some sort of zapping system in there, yet it's unrelated to main characters.
                            Last edited by Gemini; 05-28-2015, 09:38 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                              As far as I'm aware, there is a big one, but from what I can recall it's kind of messy to implement. Let's just say it's a "What if" scenario.

Sorry, but do you mean an optional boss or a story-only extra in general? I wasn't quite sure what you meant.
                              Last edited by Graco; 05-28-2015, 10:58 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                                The problem is Leon and Elza don't work in parallel, their scenarios are completely separate. Like RE1, if you pick Jill, Chris will be jailed and vice versa. I believe this is one of the similarities mentioned by either Kamiya or Mikami in one of the interviews about the reasons for canceling 1.5. There is still some sort of zapping system in there, yet it's unrelated to main characters.
                                Um really? Besides that statement nothing hints that they are both not in the same canon. Putting into consideration individual item placement and locked doors present for sake of gameplay like RE2. Leon and Elza dont HAVE to see each other. By that mentality Claire and Leon would bump into each other constantly in the prescient, much more than they already have. We already know their supporting cast meet each other and even the mains.
                                Leon floods the sewer after Elza, Will is further mutated and present in factory already for Leon after Elza lets him out of lab and witness mutation.
                                Other boss fights in speculation seem feasible:Leon fights guerrillas in parking lot Elza deals with more in conference room(instead?), theres an unknown amount of alligators in sewer system so more can come for Leon after Elza deals with hers.
                                What I think their reasoning is that BECAUSE they are the same canon the creators felt the two scenarios should be more flexible. The issue in 1.5 compared to 2 is that both characters progress alike rather rigidly, taking out the vibe of progression between playing the two.
                                Last edited by NEOMEGA; 05-28-2015, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X