Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So glad i got my modded ps1 ready for playing this game!

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
      Thank you very much Darkness downloading right now!

Edit: I heard all the tracks and they are from the Beta 2 not from trial. Did you upload the wrong file? I didn't hear any 1.5 tracks
      I noticed this too. None of them are from 1.5 at all.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• *shrug* I just converted what was posted. I'd never heard the beta tracks before. Alot of them certainly sound 1.5 even if they were in the trial edition. The rooms were in there, so its pretty logical to assume the
        music could be too

Comment

• MAIN15 is from 1.5. It's the second malformation of G theme. There could be definitively more, some of those got a nice 1.5 vibe.
          Last edited by Gemini; 05-30-2015, 11:17 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Thank you for the tracks, Darkness.

I found the following tracks the most interesting, because I believe they were in 1.5:

49_SUB 0F00 sounds like a 1.5 theme

54_SUB 1C00 sounds like a 1.5 sewer theme

55_SUB 1D00 sounds like the winning theme of 1.5, when you beat the game on the train

78_SUB 1100 sounds like another 1.5 theme, but it could be in RE2, I'm not sure. But it definitely sounds different. I don't remember hearing it in RE2.

87_SUB 1800 sounds like the warehouse elevator lift moving.

88_SUB 1801 sounds like the warehouse elevator stopping at its destination.

99_SUB 2801 sounds like another 1.5 theme. Don't remember hearing in RE2.

In a way, I really wish 1.5 was finished and released over retail 2. I know a lot of people love 2 the way it is, but I always found 1.5 more interesting. I happen to be one of the people that thinks it's a good thing that it was like the first game. I love how they tried to continue the realism that they established in the first game, such as a modern city, using computers to save instead of typewriters, using medicine to heal instead of herbs, showing the blood types and ages of the main characters on the select screen, even though the zombies needed some work in their models and behavior, they were more interesting and realistic to me.

I'm one of the few, probably the 1% that feels like we never really got a true sequel to Resident Evil 1. And I wouldn't have cared if the series didn't go past 3 if 1.5 was released as 2, because quite frankly, the series hasn't been anything spectacular after RE3 anyway. It got more action oriented with each game, instead of horror.

2 is pretty. It is a graphical ehancement and engine tuneup from the first game. There really isn't much new in 2. But 1.5, start in a different area depending on which character you are, being able to open and close shutters, modern environments (feels like you are in a real city), interesting and creepy sewer (which is one my favorite things about 1.5).

But one of the things that actually turns me off to 2 is the zombies. Have you ever noticed that the zombies in 2 are taller the main characters? I think they did that so that the zombies could lunge over them and bite them the way they do, but the zombies don't really look realistic. At least in 1.5 they are average height with the players.

To each his own though. I'm not ranting, just expressing my feelings.

It would be nice if someone leaked the 80% build already.
            My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
            ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
              MAIN15 is from 1.5. It's the second malformation of G theme. There could be definitively more, some of those got a nice 1.5 vibe.
              Yeah, i noticed that the first time i fought mutant G on the Beta 2, but appart from that track...
              In any case, Darkness thanks for the upload

Also 98_SUB 2800 the best track of all!
              Last edited by Unmasked; 05-31-2015, 04:03 AM.
              ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Hi,

Take the opportunity to share with you something interesting that I found in my files, if I remember correctly, I download it from this thread long ago, but I can't found the original post...

I do not remember who was the author, but someone did a very good job editing the Bio2 Beta MAIN15.BGM theme to it sound exactly like the video #03 from complete disc!

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Just play malformation02.mp3 and you will see what I'm talking, just amazing, it looks really legit!

Enjoy!

Comment

• Thank you for your tracks!
                  sigpic

Comment

• SUB 0f00 Gives me off a 1.5 threat lingering vibe
                    SUB 0f01 Is similiar but different...for a later part in the scenario maybe
                    AUB 1A01 could be an ada part track.
                    SUB 0600 is Clearly 1.5 it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out
                    SUB 1000 is extremely interesting...gives me the feel of running away from something with your partner
                    SUB 1100 is very eerie, it sounds like an alternate to the nest computer room.
                    SUB 1200 is another unheard interesting intro, I have a feeling 1.5 has alot of jaw dropping cutscenes with gore
                    SUB 1201 is 1200 but more tension
                    SUB 1700 is yet another unheard encounterish track. Wonder which one of these is for the MAN SPIDER?
                    SUB 2000 is weird.
                    SUB 2100 sounds like the sewer generator room in the complete disc where leon fights spiders
                    SUB 2200 ,yet another jump scare tension-y track
                    SUB 2800 sounds like a computer error, probably in the factory line area.
                    SUB 2901 is interesting, sounds like someone is pouring their heart out, Annette?

I didn't even list the 20 sewer sounds I've never heard, nor the extra generator-y and factory line-ish tracks. Theres also an underwater SUB
                    I also felt like retrorain was mostly right about the birkin boss fight 1 lift and the other stuff he listed.

So, the bell ringing and phone ringing tracks.........
                    Any bells you have to ring in 1.5? Or calls in the lab?
                    Last edited by Darkness; 05-31-2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• For what it's worth I compiled a list of everyone's suggestions and included some more of my own. I tried to make sure that I separated them according to the poster's suggestion and if none was provided I used my own judgement. If I missed yours feel free to include it. It's been a few days since I last updated it.

RPD:

"Concrete Bound/Third Floor of the Labratory" sourced from the original RE1 (the Playstation rendition blends in more naturally IMO)
                      "Left Alone" (outer RPD areas)
                      "Basement of the Police Station" (RPD basement areas)
                      "SUB_0E00" sourced from RE2 beta
                      "SUB_0F00" sourced from RE2 beta
                      "SUB_0901" sourced from RE2 beta (RPD stairwell or relocate to Sewers)
                      "Goodbye, Leon" (death of Roy, start the track at 0:35 though)
                      "One More Kiss" (rescuing John from the jail cell)
                      "Slide Projector" sourced from the original release of RE1

Sewers:

"The Underground" sourced from the original RE1
                      "More Rooms" sourced from the original RE1
                      "SUB_1C00" sourced from RE2 beta (appears to be a variation of the "Skytram Area" music)
                      "SUB_2A01" sourced from RE2 beta
                      "Welcome to My Nest"
                      "Ada is a Spy"
                      "The Gigantic Alligator"
                      "The Disused Plant" from RE3

Factory:

"The Hospital" from RE3
                      "MAIN29" sourced from RE2 beta (outdoor areas)
                      "Madness Under the Mask"
                      "Like a Shadow"
                      "Gloomy Underground Passage"
                      "Destined to be Malformed"
                      "Watch Your Back" sourced from RE3
                      "Forest is Dead" sourced from the original RE1

Labs:

"Distant Memories" sourced from RE2 trial
                      "Nothing More to Do Here (train area)
                      "The Daredevil Four" (maybe storyline event)
                      "Where's Wesker" sourced from the original RE1
                      "Don't Lose the Courage" from RE3
                      "The Park" from RE3

Misc.

"Barry's Death" sourced from the original RE1 (when a character dies based upon player choice's)
                      "Under Cover of Darkness (storyline event)
                      "We Will Never Die" (storyline event)
                      "Don't Come Any Closer!" from RE3
                      "Carlos' Theme" (theme for Marvin)
                      "Hope Against Hope" (theme for Marvin)
                      Last edited by Graco; 05-31-2015, 08:43 PM.
                      sigpic
                      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                        SUB 0f00 Gives me off a 1.5 threat lingering vibe
                        SUB 0f01 Is similiar but different...for a later part in the scenario maybe
                        AUB 1A01 could be an ada part track.
                        SUB 0600 is Clearly 1.5 it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out
                        SUB 1000 is extremely interesting...gives me the feel of running away from something with your partner
                        SUB 1100 is very eerie, it sounds like an alternate to the nest computer room.
                        SUB 1200 is another unheard interesting intro, I have a feeling 1.5 has alot of jaw dropping cutscenes with gore
                        SUB 1201 is 1200 but more tension
                        SUB 1700 is yet another unheard encounterish track. Wonder which one of these is for the MAN SPIDER?
                        SUB 2000 is weird.
                        SUB 2100 sounds like the sewer generator room in the complete disc where leon fights spiders
                        SUB 2200 ,yet another jump scare tension-y track
                        SUB 2800 sounds like a computer error, probably in the factory line area.
                        SUB 2901 is interesting, sounds like someone is pouring their heart out, Annette?

I didn't even list the 20 sewer sounds I've never heard, nor the extra generator-y and factory line-ish tracks. Theres also an underwater SUB
                        I also felt like retrorain was mostly right about the birkin boss fight 1 lift and the other stuff he listed.

So, the bell ringing and phone ringing tracks.........
                        Any bells you have to ring in 1.5? Or calls in the lab?
                        I'd defiantly say the SUB2901 is Annette, seems to be an early version of what was used with Annette in the final in the labs. Fitting for 1.5 easily.
                        Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• SUB_0F00 starts with the same tune as the lab security room BGM in 1.5. SUB_0F01 sounds like a variation of it. I can imagine these two being used in the lab, maybe in the power room areas, or
                          in the upper floors before the lab gets set on fire. SUB_1C00 definitely sounds like a BGM track for the sewers, it kinda sounds saveroom-ish. SUB_1D00 sounds like the type of music you'd use for the prologue of
                          a scenario (for retail Scenario B, perhaps?).

SUB_1A01 - plays when Annette interrogates Ada/Claire
                          SUB_1000 - plays when Mr.X/Birkin almost sees Sherry and Claire in the sewers
                          SUB_1100 - plays in one of Chief Iron's rooms, iirc (I could be wrong)
                          SUB_1200/1201/1700 - plays when G-Embryo/Birkin kills someone (Ben/Irons)
                          SUB_2000 - ambient BGM for the power room area in beta 2
                          SUB_2800 - plays when Annette kills Ada in the main shaft (beta 2)
                          SUB_2801 - music that plays in the retail version of Annette killing Ada
                          SUB_2901 - plays when Sherry sees Annette's body in the main shaft
                          Seibu teh geimu?
                          ---

Comment

• I hate to be the one to mention this, but because my browser window cuts off part of this thread's title, my brain auto-completes the phrase as:

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Prepare your anus!**)

Perhaps it is due to a co-morbid combination of my familiarity with the similar phrase 'start your engines'... And 4chan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                              I hate to be the one to mention this, but because my browser window cuts off part of this thread's title, my brain auto-completes the phrase as:

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**Prepare your anus!**)

Perhaps it is due to a co-morbid combination of my familiarity with the similar phrase 'start your engines'... And 4chan...
                              HAHAHAHAH, i think that was the reason, 4chan its been a long time since i entered there.

Comment

• Originally posted by strikedio84 View Post
                                HAHAHAHAH, i think that was the reason, 4chan its been a long time since i entered there.
                                A couple of 1.5 threads got really hot a year or so ago on /b/. Many of them had no idea about IGAS or that any form had been released to the public.

Comment

Working...
                                X