Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm incapable of understanding code and drawing meaningful conclusions but just from glancing at the inventory menu it would seem that the standard arms had some kind of function beyond the knife. Why put that arrow pointing from the inventory to slot? Even if the necessary coding wasn't present in the "40%" build it could very well be the starting point to demonstrate the concept. There were other unfinished things in the build which can only be observed by digging through it aside from what is present by simply booting up the game.
    sigpic
    "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      Calico won't be included, there's already 2 burst guns.
      You monsters. ;_;

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
      Consistent to what retail and CV did for fire that is supposed to be extinguished. Having the fire extinguisher as a weapon is just asking for trouble, especially when it has only one use for the whole game and the same can be achieved with regular item usage+little cutscene. No need to make it into a weapon, it only involves unnecessary AI coding for useless reactions.
      It could've been a funny joke, though, running around the rooms blinding the undead with thick clouds of cold CO2. Something to lighten the grim mood, when you watch the blinded zombies fumbling for you in their own, personal darkness. :p

Hey, it could've even served as a basis for a challenge: An extinguisher only playthrough. For those who feel that knife only playthroughs are too mainstream. :p

Comment

• Ever read Zombie Survival Guide? The fire extinguisher won't help one bit. Zombies that were blinded somehow have a 6th sense and can find prey within a mile just by scent alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
          Ever read Zombie Survival Guide? The fire extinguisher won't help one bit. Zombies that were blinded somehow have a 6th sense and can find prey within a mile just by scent alone.
          The Max Brooks book? I just so happen to have a copy in my bookshelf. I mean, how else could I call myself a fan of zombie fiction with a straight face? I decided to check your claims, and sure enough, the book mentions the "6th sense" you're referring to. The REAL question however is, will the T-virus grant this ability as well? T-virus =/= Solanum.

Comment

• Quite possibly is one in the same minus the mutation stuff and copyright nonsense.

Comment

• Well, if they ever decide to include some gag weapons, like in Dino Crisis 1, I'd like to see a fire extinguisher that spews flame or one that fires grenade rounds.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

• ^ A recurring joke is "You cleared the game! As a reward, here's an unlimited Combat Knife!".

Also, since somebody in the past asked for more prototype-ish pictures:

Over 3000 lines of code just for the Web Spinner, ugh.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Any changes whatsoever to the web spinner AI? I'm guessing you're gonna have it lay baby spiders, just like in retail.
                  Seibu teh geimu?
                  ---

Comment

• It can lay babies, yeah. It works pretty much like retail, but with details that make it closer to 1.5.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	eh7Ym3A.png
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	404735

I always found that particular official spider area in retail very ugly from the known footage we have of it, it's like Capcom didn't even try with that part. I would suggest you guys either just add your own levels of uniqueness or revamping it completely, just my two cents. Maybe something more like the boiler room from RE1 instead. I know you're showing off the new AI functions, but just stating that one area of 1.5 always "bugged" me, no pun intended.

It is a good start though so far.
                      Last edited by VirusPunk; 07-28-2015, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Well every returning enemy from RE1 has a new ability that was removed in retail.
                        zombies can climb up ledges
                        dogs dogs have rush down attack
                        crows can dive attack

Do the 1.5 spiders already have an extra ability?

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                          Well every returning enemy from RE1 has a new ability that was removed in retail.
                          zombies can climb up ledges
                          dogs dogs have rush down attack
                          crows can dive attack

Do the 1.5 spiders already have an extra ability?[/QUOTE]

Of course, you forgot that dogs can climb ledges, in the warehouse level happens, but it's disabled in the MZD build.

Comment

• The vents are pretty cool, could count as the special spider ability

Comment

• They should be able to spit webs at you to temporarily immobilize you, similar to getting bit by a zombie. You have to active shake them off or become spider food.
                              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                                They can spawn from ventilation holes and climb collisions, and they also use a smaller scale than regular spiders from 1-2-3, roughly 80% the original size.
                                Last edited by Gemini; 07-29-2015, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X