Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way I see the RE2 remake is;
    Capcom saw general demand for "classic style" RE *cough*1.5*cough* and probably already had a few experiments in their pipeline (HD Remake and Revelations 2), both of their projects were, despite being budget projects, well received and the HD Remake became a record breaker for them. 0 HD was already greenlight during production of HD Remake, but feedback on HD Remake and better availabitiy of original assets probably resulted in 0 HD getting some extra polish. Media suddenly re-remembering that classic RE is a thing and snaps up on "RE2 fanproject of the week" (sorry IG, no offense) and Capcom more or less decides to just go out early and say "Chill guys! We've got this."

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
      The way I see the RE2 remake is;
      Capcom saw general demand for "classic style" RE *cough*1.5*cough* and probably already had a few experiments in their pipeline (HD Remake and Revelations 2), both of their projects were, despite being budget projects, well received and the HD Remake became a record breaker for them. 0 HD was already greenlight during production of HD Remake, but feedback on HD Remake and better availabitiy of original assets probably resulted in 0 HD getting some extra polish. Media suddenly re-remembering that classic RE is a thing and snaps up on "RE2 fanproject of the week" (sorry IG, no offense) and Capcom more or less decides to just go out early and say "Chill guys! We've got this."
      Yup, sounds about right!

Comment

• Then there may be hope after all?

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
          On the surface getting the best of both worlds would be ideal but you have to put into consideration the differentiation of quality between prerendering and 3d.
          The benefit of using strictly prerendered backgrounds is that it does a great job giving the illusion that the game can go beyond the quality of the systems threshold in visuals because its not rendering the areas in real time. If their going to give us the option between both styles it will be very impractical from a programming view to recreate the areas twice, meaning there won't be the benefit of prerendering at all, just fixed cameras of the areas rendered in real time. Think code veronica environments vs remake and re0's. However that was two generations ago so it probably won't be too noticeable

Wow, I'm very 50/50 on this. On one side they actually added a new feature to the remaster for once making a actually purchase worth it for a change. Seeing as how RE0 needs this since it has less replayablilty compared to remake.
          On the other hand it focus on shitty post re1 wesker, I hate everything about wesker past re1, honestly I dont understand why anyone likes him. It's also awkward especially due to that fact that technically this the only time period that wesker DOESN'T have powers.
          This literally makes no sense canonically. First off, Wesker didn't have his powers in RE1.

Secondly, Rebecca would be like WTF. I know it's just a cheap addition to get more sales, but still. It's stupid and makes me have less hope for the RE2 remake.
          If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChuckthePlant View Post
            This literally makes no sense canonically. First off, Wesker didn't have his powers in RE1.

Secondly, Rebecca would be like WTF. I know it's just a cheap addition to get more sales, but still. It's stupid and makes me have less hope for the RE2 remake.
            Honestly these extra modes are not meant to be taken seriously, look at it as tofu mode or 4th survivor, just a fun little mini game. God knows zero needs some replayability.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajrich17901 View Post
              Honestly these extra modes are not meant to be taken seriously, look at it as tofu mode or 4th survivor, just a fun little mini game. God knows zero needs some replayability.
              Totally agree. Likewise Invisible Enemy and One Dangerous Zombie aren't canon either and no one bothers, they're just gameplay tweaks on the story mode for the sake of some extra replayability.
              The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Well, if they're pulling all stops with this remaster, I wonder if they're gonna be adding some new modes for the main game as well. Implementing the bonus modes from REmake would be a really nice treat, as is an Arrange Mode with some new rooms, camera angles, and item/enemy placement. They have the original assets, and the original devs are working on it, so they have the liberty of modifying things without feeling like they're trampling all over someone else's creative vision. Leech Hunter was fun, but it was a one-and-done type of thing.
                Last edited by biohazard_star; 09-06-2015, 01:31 PM.
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

• Agreed. RE3s mercenaries mode is also non-canon. They wouldn't be running around with a bomb inside them which has a timer that somehow senses kills in which gives you more time so it can be extracted before the bomb goes off. Yeah......makes a lot of sense to me.

Comment

• Wesker Mode = Casual mode. Juts change Billy for an overpowered Wesker to make things easier ensuring complete, global...saturation!!!. Because kids nowdays cant kill the Scorpion boss from the train.
                    Last edited by Unmasked; 09-07-2015, 09:25 AM.
                    ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• Originally posted by ajrich17901 View Post
                      Oh, but ChuckthePlant is right to worry. Yes, its non cannon but the point it's clear they are trying to put in features from newer RE titles into the older ones. The first remaster they could have easily put RE1 Chris's model on the added re5 costume for consistency but they didn't. The same could be said for using REmake's wesker model for this wesker mode too. Is it a definite? No but its not a good sign for re2make. I just hope their not using RE5 assests because RE5 SOLD THE MOST - MUST USE RE5 FOR EVERTHING like they did in marvel vs capcom 3.

Also ChuckthePlant I'm guessing that your agreeing with my post, not that it makes no sense.

Comment

• I had to re-check the title of this thread a few times... What's wrong with the RE0 thread?

Comment

• Back on topic guys. Anyone saw Gemini's twitter updates? Gallery mode and model viewer looks great.

Comment

• Was that alligator the boss?

Also whats with the Tyrant? Was there one in 1.5 or was that the RE1 model?
                            Last edited by Deathlygasm; 09-08-2015, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                              Was that alligator the boss?

Also whats with the Tyrant? Was there one in 1.5 or was that the RE1 model?
                              Baby alligators. The Tyrant got me by surprise too

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
                                Baby alligators. The Tyrant got me by surprise too
                                I'm freaking out right now! Like what! TYRANT? WHERE YOU COME FROM? Y U HERE???

Comment

Working...
                                X