Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
    Well, the two boxes are likely placed elsewhere in the room. Trial renders have some 3D realtime objects placed in the renders for reference. There's even a save+item station on the upper platform for that very reason.
    Yeah, that makes sense. I suppose this puzzle represented a 'vertical' version of the traditional three-box puzzle (from the sewer, for example).

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
      I had a dream last night that someone did a Zelda mod that was Resident Evil 1.5. Don't ask how it worked, it just did....
      I made a Zelda 1 styled-game in Game Maker that was pretty much based on 1.5. I did it a few years ago, but back then my skills weren't as good as they are now, and I wasn't happy with how it came out. Maybe you were thinking of that?

It had a lab that was red and the blocks were flashing, because the room was on fire, and the skeletons could catch fire if they walked through the flames.

I still plan on redoing this game, because the concept was so fun and cool.
      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
        I made a Zelda 1 styled-game in Game Maker that was pretty much based on 1.5. I did it a few years ago, but back then my skills weren't as good as they are now, and I wasn't happy with how it came out. Maybe you were thinking of that?

It had a lab that was red and the blocks were flashing, because the room was on fire, and the skeletons could catch fire if they walked through the flames.

I still plan on redoing this game, because the concept was so fun and cool.
        Tbh I had never heard of it till u mentioned it now!

Comment

• Heres a random question. Will we have the option of switching between auto and manual for the spas shotgun like leons custom handgun in retail? Is the option of a choice coded in the vanilla version? Its a useless feature, I know but since the shotgun does have that feature in real life who knows? Maybe there is a practical use for it in a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
            Heres a random question. Will we have the option of switching between auto and manual for the spas shotgun like leons custom handgun in retail? Is the option of a choice coded in the vanilla version? Its a useless feature, I know but since the shotgun does have that feature in real life who knows? Maybe there is a practical use for it in a game.
            There was no hidden option to switch the SPAS-12 from semi-auto to action-pump. The latter is used for low precision, low damage, and usually to avoid killing entirely.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Meh, don't know its something worth looking into... unless switching between auto and manual also means switching between shoulder and hip fire like the assault rifle in re3.

Comment

• Well, technically the best way to handle the SPAS-12 is to place it against the shoulder. Some variation of it can also be handled one-handed, but it's not the case here.
                Last edited by Gemini; 10-09-2015, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• Anyone know if Alyson said something about the whole #Alyson4Elza thing? How's things going?
                  ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• I'm pretty sure she has seen it, but apparently she's either not interested or keeping distant on purpose for some reason. She usually replies to fan messages, but in this case she's been silent for almost a month, she hasn't even posted a simple "Hi, I saw what you did there ".

MarkGrass suggested it could be because she doesn't recognize RE2 in the coliseum footage, which could be kind of reasonable. Then again, I suspect she probably would rather go with a more official approach that doesn't involve indie development.

I'll try again at some point with something more convincing, but if she doesn't pick it up again, I'll just start looking around for some other actress who can fill the part.

Comment

• Why not try recreating a few key cutscenes/moments from retail in the 1.5 environment instead? ROOM 105 would be a good place to recreate the licker's introduction scene using in-game graphics. It's a pretty iconic moment and I'm sure even she would associate it with RE2 retail.
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

• Or recreate the complete disc cutscenes with Sherry. 1.5 is different from retail but Sherry is Sherry with Claire or Elza, Leon is almost the same, Birkin, etc. Maybe she needs more clues

Comment

• Or find out what was her favorite parts she gained from working on/playing RE2 (or even code veronica, considering some elements are from 1.5 too) and show the 1.5 equivalent if there is one, whether it is already present in vanilla or inserted by you guys. To spark fond memories she has of the series. This can even work for both Alyssa and Paul I'm sure.
                          Last edited by NEOMEGA; 10-12-2015, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
                            Or find out what was her favorite parts she gained from working on/playing RE2 (or even code veronica, considering some elements are from 1.5 too) and show the 1.5 equivalent if there is one, whether it is already present in vanilla or inserted by you guys. To spark fond memories she has of the series. This can even work for both Alyssa and Paul I'm sure.
                            Lickers for sure (insert large tongue joke here) as she said in his twitter. But yeah, we have to show her parts similar to the retail counterpart or Veronica.

In other hand, this is awesome. Good Job!
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	CRD-iXxWgAAsJI7.png
Views:	1
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	404770
                            Last edited by Unmasked; 10-12-2015, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unmasked View Post
                              Lickers for sure (insert large tongue joke here) as she said in his twitter. But yeah, we have to show her parts similar to the retail counterpart or Veronica.

In other hand, this is awesome. Good Job!
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]10074[/ATTACH]
                              Wait? What is that? An unsued Re2 monsteR?

Comment

• I thought it was some kind of licker prototype at first, but BH Archives also contains those as a separate page, calling them evolved zombies. Should be pretty much a random concept, I found it worth adding and it ended up in the gallery.
                                Last edited by Gemini; 10-18-2015, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X