Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gemini i want to ask a favor, i know its maybe something that all know but PLEASE don`t go public with anything about the restoration project of the RE 1.5.
    at least until its already on the net.

why?

NINTENDO has taken down another good project of metroid about 3 hours ago luckyly its been on the net enough time to have been downloaded multiple times.

i would hate if crapcom take this down.

thanks for your great work

Comment

• Originally posted by strikedio84 View Post
      Gemini i want to ask a favor, i know its maybe something that all know but PLEASE don`t go public with anything about the restoration project of the RE 1.5.
      at least until its already on the net.

why?

NINTENDO has taken down another good project of metroid about 3 hours ago luckyly its been on the net enough time to have been downloaded multiple times.

i would hate if crapcom take this down.

thanks for your great work
      Capcom dont give a shit about anything 1.5 related. If they did, they probably acted when the Vanilla Build or the Magic Zombie Door appeared on the net. Since Gemini is making this for free there's no problem with that.
      ''Whaaaaaat?! No money?! Hieeeeeer...SEK A COK!''

Comment

• I really doubt Capcom even thinks in terms of 1.5 as we do. It's RE2 for them and if they don't mind people doing tons of RE2 mods or RE1-3 Unity/Unreal recreations they shouldn't care about this either.

As long as the project is mostly kept in low profile and nobody attempts to make profit there's no problem at all. Nintendo is a different story because they have extremely severe policies with their IPs. They don't even allow fans to upload gameplays on Youtube.
        The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Nintendo only acted after the game was released. They were most certainly aware of the project and didn't put an end to it.

I'm pretty sure they acted symbolically to protect their IP as a principle. They were "nice" enough to wait after it was released and widely available.

Comment

• Regardless. Considering what happened to AM2R (the Metroid 2 remake), please don't go around advertising this project. You could very well be the cause of it getting shutdown by doing so.

AM2R which is a damn fine remake on a side note, is a great example of why not attracting too much attention prior a projects completion GREATLY increases the chances of that project being completed and not getting the DMCA from the games original creator(s).

Once it's finished and out there it can't be stopped (as AM2R did).

PS: What's with this forum recently? Been bugging out on me every time I come to make posts now, interface is all over the place, displays script errors at the top of the page etc etc.
            Last edited by icemann; 08-13-2016, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• They already know about it, they hit unseen64 with a dmca just for displaying info about 1.5,
              hopefully they don't care enough and it gets by like colleseum demo.
              I'm suprised they haven't hit the 1 click file hosts for sharing 1.5, best thing
              team igas could do is upload it anonymously via a libary or usb wall drop and spread the link to as many forums
              as possible then hope that some private torrent sites pick it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by icemann View Post
                Regardless. Considering what happened to AM2R (the Metroid 2 remake), please don't go around advertising this project. You could very well be the cause of it getting shutdown by doing so.

AM2R which is a damn fine remake on a side note, is a great example of why not attracting too much attention prior a projects completion GREATLY increases the chances of that project being completed and not getting the DMCA from the games original creator(s).

Once it's finished and out there it can't be stopped (as AM2R did).

PS: What's with this forum recently? Been bugging out on me every time I come to make posts now, interface is all over the place, displays script errors at the top of the page etc etc.
                Its a bit late for that. Every RE site talked about this project. Zork showed videos when IGAS was working on it, Igas itself and Gemini posted updates on their facebook pages and also Gemini uploads updates on his Twitter. Its safe to say that Capcom is not Nintendo. Maybe they are worse or maybe they dont care about what we do with 1.5 except if someone tries to get cash from it and its not the case.

I still dream with a leak of the 80 or whatever Capcom reach % build of 1.5. The very last version of this before it was scraped.
                Last edited by Unmasked; 08-13-2016, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• I would advise extreme caution with the attention and heat this project generates. Its one thing to work on something but releasing it could be seen as a threat on the IP in which case they have to act. Let's also not forget that RE2 is being remade and this could be seen as a threat on that too. That's why they halted the attempted release of the N64 RE0 demo. Whoever tried to leak it did it around the time of the games original release on GC and it was seen as a product that would mislead consumers about the final games quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                    They abandoned their original concepts too quickly. The changes to the script were a move in the right direction, but changing Elsa seemed unnecessary. Despite its shortcomings 1.5 was a more original experience than the final product.
                    It was unnecessary to scrap Elza for Claire, it goes back to the old answer that they simply wanted more of a connection to the first game, in which I don't feel swapping Elza for Claire was needed at all, just the explanation in the intro is enough, let alone Marvin's explanation and the STARS office. That brings me to a question though, was the STARS office ever going to feature in 1.5?

Also, this:
                    Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                    I'm still confused on what the exact story differences are mostly towards the end of the game. Annette burns down the lab why?

Comment

• There's nothing wrong with Elsa Becoming Claire. They're essentially the same person with a change in hair and more of a motive for being caught up in raccoon city. Having Claire bridged the two games and offered new players more of a connection with the previous events while at the same time raising the stakes with Chris being missing. It made for a more interesting story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
                        It was unnecessary to scrap Elza for Claire, it goes back to the old answer that they simply wanted more of a connection to the first game, in which I don't feel swapping Elza for Claire was needed at all, just the explanation in the intro is enough, let alone Marvin's explanation and the STARS office. That brings me to a question though, was the STARS office ever going to feature in 1.5?

Also, this:
                        I asked Gemini once via twitter about the STARS office, and there's nothing like that in 1.5. Sorry but no STARS office.

Comment

• Except that Claire's dialog and storyline events did almost nothing to utilize her connection with Chris.
                          sigpic
                          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• It was a necessary change for story sake. Elza would have been just a random Raccoon citizen caught in the outbreak who somehow managed to not get infected, survived the apocalypse, and ended up in the police station because reasons. Claire makes more sense in the end because, besides plot connections, she arrives Raccoon when the city is more in a state of a "ghost town", rather than the chaos and street warfare portrayed in some of the events of RE3 and Outbreak which take place a few days before the events from RE2, so that makes a regular civilian's survival more plausible since she wasn't there in the town when the virus broke out.
                            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
                              There's nothing wrong with Elsa Becoming Claire. They're essentially the same person with a change in hair and more of a motive for being caught up in raccoon city. Having Claire bridged the two games and offered new players more of a connection with the previous events while at the same time raising the stakes with Chris being missing. It made for a more interesting story.
                              Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with it. I wasn't hating on Claire, quite the contrary, Claire is one of my favourite characters in the series, so I'm happy enough with the change in the end. Doesn't change the fact though that I don't think it was a necessary change.

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                              It was a necessary change for story sake. Elza would have been just a random Raccoon citizen caught in the outbreak who somehow managed to not get infected, survived the apocalypse, and ended up in the police station because reasons. Claire makes more sense in the end because, besides plot connections, she arrives Raccoon when the city is more in a state of a "ghost town", rather than the chaos and street warfare portrayed in some of the events of RE3 and Outbreak which take place a few days before the events from RE2, so that makes a regular civilian's survival more plausible since she wasn't there in the town when the virus broke out.
                              Under the assumption here that Elza was an out of towner, the same as Claire. She came to Raccoon City to enroll at Raccoon university and instead, because of the chaos, ended up crashing her bike into the RPD lobby.

Been a long time since touching on the subject, could be completely wrong...

Comment

• Where did this image originate from? It's been floating around on the Internet for a long while and though I suspect it's fake (Elza's model appears to be a fan edit of Claire) I'm curious about the "dormitory" information. It's been known that she was a student at the university for some time now, but do we know anything about her introduction at all?
                                sigpic
                                "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Working...
                                X