Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was STARS room really meant to be for both teams? I allways thought it was just for Alpha team, but after Joseph's death Rebecca was moved to his desk. Otherwise doesn't make much sense that Rebecca was the only Bravo team having a desk there.
    The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
      Was STARS room really meant to be for both teams? I allways thought it was just for Alpha team, but after Joseph's death Rebecca was moved to his desk. Otherwise doesn't make much sense that Rebecca was the only Bravo team having a desk there.
      The STARS room is meaningless in size only have desks Wesker, Barry, Chris, Jill and Rebecca and the rest of the dead members during the incident at the mansion appears not to take into account Capcom or was because it required a large room and was going to take up much on the map.
      Resident Evil 2: Back 2 Origins

https://www.moddb.com/mods/resident-...back-2-origins

sigpic

Comment

• Guys, just keep in mind that the precinct doesn't even have a bathroom.

Comment

• The lack of bathrooms doesn't make any sense, but I don't see anything wrong with the STARS office.

The amount of desks matches the amount of Alpha Team members. There wasn't room for Rebecca there because she joined STARS for her first mission virtually right before the Mansion Incident (Chris didn't even know her until they met at the mansion), but she took Joseph's place after he died. If we consider that was originally Joseph's desk then the only Alpha team without one would've been Brad, but he didn't need one because he was in charge of Comms.

There's no need to have a desk for every Alpha and Bravo team, just like I'd imagine there wasn't a desk for every officer in the building, it's not like they were just sitting there doing office work all day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
            The lack of bathrooms doesn't make any sense, but I don't see anything wrong with the STARS office.

The amount of desks matches the amount of Alpha Team members. There wasn't room for Rebecca there because she joined STARS for her first mission virtually right before the Mansion Incident (Chris didn't even know her until they met at the mansion), but she took Joseph's place after he died. If we consider that was originally Joseph's desk then the only Alpha team without one would've been Brad, but he didn't need one because he was in charge of Comms.

There's no need to have a desk for every Alpha and Bravo team, just like I'd imagine there wasn't a desk for every officer in the building, it's not like they were just sitting there doing office work all day.
            Right, the desks were shared between members. Alpha and Bravo would never be on duty at the same time unless some major operation was in play. And even when one of the teams were on, not all six members would be. They would all be on a shift pattern to provide 24 hour cover but obviously they would get days off as well. But for big operations such as the search and rescue leading to the mansion incident, the whole team would be in.

Following the mansion incident, the desks could be personalised because most of the team were no longer around.
            "I've got 100 cows."
            "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

• Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
              ...The whole reason she's even in the hellhole called Raccoon City. Her desire to know what happened to her brother is why either she or Leon bother finding Chris' diary at all. Her presence sets up the mystery of "What happened to Chris?". Just because she learns he left Raccoon about a quarter of the way into the game doesn't mean that the mystery is solved. Its bigger and more expansive of a plotline than just oh no i ran into zombies and need to survive the night ! If 1.5 was the game this franchise was starting with, Elsa would be fine, but at this point they needed to start making connections, however small.

She doesnt have to dwell on Chris the entire game. There are events unfolding around her and there needed someone to still fill the guardian role for sherry that Elsa and John left.

Also, correct me if im wrong, Didn't STARS have its own independent office originally? I mean i dont think it was ever a part of 1.5 but i think their HQ was off site wasnt it? The one in the final product is nice but a bit rushed considering there wernt nearly enough desks for both teams.
              That's my point though. Claire's inclusion and connection to Chris is little more than an easteregg of sorts for people familiar with the first game. If someone was new to the series and started with Resudent Evil 2 (as was the case for many people) the Chris/Claire relationship wasn't a substantial plot device beyond her back story. Overall, Claire's scenario offered nothing which couldn't have been possible had they chosen to retain Elza for the final release.
              sigpic
              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                That's my point though. Claire's inclusion and connection to Chris is little more than an easteregg of sorts for people familiar with the first game. If someone was new to the series and started with Resudent Evil 2 (as was the case for many people) the Chris/Claire relationship wasn't a substantial plot device beyond her back story. Overall, Claire's scenario offered nothing which couldn't have been possible had they chosen to retain Elza for the final release.
                Why would Elsa or Leon take the time to care about Chris' whereabouts? It's not just about connections to the past, it's setting up the future of the series. Yes they totally could have kept Elsa and made 2 work but there was more potential when she became Claire. Do you really see Elsa doing something like Code Veronica? She needed a stronger motive.

What did we lose from changing Elsa to Claire? They're both college students, they're both bikers and they both had ponytails. We lose the jumpsuit for biker shorts and a vest designed to be similar to chris' in RE1, A dye job so Chris' sister has the same color and a name change. They added info and tweaked her cause they wanted more.

Comment

• Well, they didn't have to care about Chris' whereabouts. It wasn't integral to the central plot. Had Claire never existed Jill could have taken her place in the Code Veronica storyline. The demand for Claire's return to the series is most likely the only reason she was the main protagonist for Revelations 2.

I'm not saying I dislike Claire. But in retrospect the change was unnecessary overall. The improvements made to RE2 after 1.5 was dismissed were largely independent of Claire's inclusion.
                  Last edited by Graco; 08-23-2016, 06:07 PM.
                  sigpic
                  "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by Graco View Post
                    Well, they didn't have to care about Chris' whereabouts. It wasn't integral to the central plot. Had Claire never existed Jill could have taken her place in the Code Veronica storyline. The demand for Claire's return to the series is most likely the only reason she was the main protagonist for Revelations 2.

I'm not saying I dislike Claire. But in retrospect the change was unnecessary overall. The improvements made to RE2 after 1.5 was dismissed were largely independent of Claire's inclusion.
                    It made for a more interesting story and again, it offered more opportunity for expansion which they did. They didnt know what they were going to do with jill or the others at that point.. And when you're trying to do a follow up to a surprise hit you need to be interesting. They didnt have to do it but when you're almost completely restarting from scratch you might as well.
                    Last edited by OfficerRedfield; 08-23-2016, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Elza could have feel like a randomly placed character with zero contribution to the plot. Yes, it's not like Claire's contribution was amazing either (neither do Leon, or Chris and Jill in the first game), but at least it gave something more interesting to work with.

To be honest, the involvement of most of the franchise so-called "main characters" was merely incidental, and if you replaced them with different ones you would still be able to tell the same story. The series plot rarely focusses around the playable characters, most of the story is what usually unfolds behind the scenes instead; with villains and secondary characters often being more significant than the characters we play as through the whole game. So in most of the cases the main characters choices is pretty irrelevant in the global scheme of events.
                      Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 08-24-2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Has any work for Birkin's later transformations been completed as of yet? Not that I'm in a rush, I'm just genuinely curious. It's one of the things I'm most looking forward to.
                        sigpic

Comment

• http://shmuplations.com/residentevil2/

Anyone get a look at this? It goes into a little more detail on why Elsa became Claire and it also had a few details about 1.5 i never knew. Originally you may have started outside the precinct and stocked up at the RPD before venturing back into the city, a concept that was reused for 3. Another cool factoid was they were considering having the characters stumble across the ruins of the spencer mansion on their way out of the city. They even went as far as doing some concept art for it.

Comment

• " In the first Resident Evil, Barry doesn’t appear when you play Jill, and Rebecca doesn’t appear when you play Chris."

I think Kamiya dun fucked up.

Comment

• Too much sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by OfficerRedfield View Post
                                Another cool factoid was they were considering having the characters stumble across the ruins of the spencer mansion on their way out of the city. They even went as far as doing some concept art for it.
                                Sounds more like 'Resident Evil: Dash' to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X