Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RetroRain View Post
    I'm assuming that this 1.5 restoration will be able to be played on the actual PS1?

I burned the 40% Pure Vanilla Build to a CD, but I couldn't get it to run on the real hardware.
    I don't remember the specific reasons for regular 1.5 to go all wonky in some regards on hardware, but the new engine definitively fixes that along with other weird behaviors. The Battle Coliseum was specifically created to test hardware compatibility, so now stability should be established for good.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Thanks Gemini.
      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
        Anything new in this footage? I don't follow all this 1.5 stuff as in depth as i used to but I feel like there's something new there? This was uploaded two years ago. Extended E3 1997 footage.

Wasn't this the footage that spurred on the belief that there was an "RE2 Beta 1" that had both playable content from 1.5 and RE2 final? Thought it was debunked as a myth years ago?...

Comment

• It's not the same rom, its just footage from both games pasted together, look at the character models.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
            I wasn't talking about the music you can hear Jill, Wesker and Barry
            from 1:15 onwards and part of the intro cymbal at 0:05
            Yeah, it's part of the remixed soundtrack as I said, here:
            I miss the old times.

Comment

• I have been out of the lope for a while, and I think I missed some "updates" regarding this project. For the sake of not having to read thousands of posts, could someone update me on the past two years? I know that there haven't been many actual updates, but I keep seeing Gemini as the one working on the project. Is bzork and Birkin not involved anymore? Have I missed anything else?
              Current writing project: Resident Evil: Origins (screenplay)

Comment

• Originally posted by ronin_akikage View Post
                I have been out of the lope for a while, and I think I missed some "updates" regarding this project. For the sake of not having to read thousands of posts, could someone update me on the past two years? I know that there haven't been many actual updates, but I keep seeing Gemini as the one working on the project. Is bzork and Birkin not involved anymore? Have I missed anything else?
                1)Well the only important stuff that come to my mind atm are:
                2)1.5 is not being worked on it's original engine, but on a custom engine called "Squeeze Bomb".
                3)Gemini a year ago released a demo of the BC minigame.
                4)Another demo will be released when it's ready.
                5)Gemini is currently optimizing various tools.
                I miss the old times.

Comment

• Gemini programs the game in his engine while igas provides ingame-assets I believe

Comment

• So I am taking a guess that the new engine was used to overcome bugs/glitches or to sort through the mess that is 1.5? Or just for ease of completing the project?
                    Current writing project: Resident Evil: Origins (screenplay)

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidSnake11 View Post
                      Yeah, it's part of the remixed soundtrack as I said, here:
                      Time code?
                      I don't hear the cymbal footage transitions of the live action intro of 1:28-1:31 and 2:50-2:53

Comment

Time code?
                        I don't hear the cymbal footage transitions of the live action intro of 1:28-1:31 and 2:50-2:53
                        Mhm, you're right, but I could have sworn that i've heard it before in the remixed soundtrack..maybe it's a trailer of the Director's Cut version?
                        I miss the old times.

Comment

• Originally posted by ronin_akikage View Post
                          So I am taking a guess that the new engine was used to overcome bugs/glitches or to sort through the mess that is 1.5? Or just for ease of completing the project?
                          One of the reasons mentioned concerning the decision to move 1.5 to a custom engine in lieu of using the original was due to an issue where when IGAS would correct one aspect of the game, the correction would result in another part of the game messing up elsewhere. Squeeze Bomb has helped improve the efficiency of the project's development by addressing the aforementioned problems and making it easier to implement the content necessary for a finished game. Aesthetically, the game is identical aside from the improved background renders which were a part of the team's original intent while the game was still being developed with the original 1.5 engine.

The 1.5 FAQ has been kept reasonably up to date with the project's development over the years, and at the bottom of the FAQ is a timetable of its revisions along with links and direct quotes.
                          sigpic
                          "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

• Originally posted by drunkdog View Post
                            Anything new in this footage? I don't follow all this 1.5 stuff as in depth as i used to but I feel like there's something new there? This was uploaded two years ago. Extended E3 1997 footage.
                            No, it's just an irresponsible admixture of very different builds. The last time we had new footage was from a certain French 'Grant Bitman' a few years back.

Comment

• Originally posted by SolidSnake11 View Post
                              Mhm, you're right, but I could have sworn that i've heard it before in the remixed soundtrack..maybe it's a trailer of the Director's Cut version?
                              Maybe i'm trying to remember the event where they had a separate room for re1 it was all white on the outside entrance with a guardrail, not sure if it was the same event as the one with the rpd building and cerberus.
                              The rpd building had tv screens with the same 1.5 / 2 footage playing.
                              Last edited by Mikhail; 06-06-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Maybe i'm trying to remember the event where they had a separate room for re1 it was all white on the outside entrance with a guardrail, not sure if it was the same event as the one with the rpd building and cerberus.
                                The rpd building had tv screens with the same 1.5 / 2 footage playing.
                                TGS? I don't have time to dig around but TGS is probably a good guess.
                                Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X