Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some cool 1.5 exclusive screenshots (**As seen on TV!**)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was ada playable in 1.5 like she was in the re2 we have now , I also Think I saw a screenshot of marvin being a playable character if anyone can find it ?

also can elza use the shotgun in all versions of the build ?

Comment

• Another thing that confuses me is exactly how you get on the balcony area next to the burning van. If you look at the PSM footage there actually isn't anywhere to go after the curator jumps to that area. He walks around the corner and realises it's a dead end and turns back dropping down onto the crate. Unless you drop down from the third floor onto that balcony I really don't have any explanation on how you get there.
      Ventilation shafts. There are two of them. The one in the back has a crate in front of it.

As for your scenario, IIRC the source of the bioflames exclusive pictures confirmed that the main route for Elza is the roof access while Leon's is the garage access. Both manholes should lead to the same starting sewer passage (there are three ladders in the room), so taking the other manhole is probably an optional side quest. I'm inclined to believe the meeting with Sherry took place immediately after the talk between Elza and John. Although, the only one who can actually confirm this is probably Inflames, since he should have the pics in the order they were taken while the game was being played.
      Last edited by biohazard_star; 09-23-2012, 11:56 PM.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
        was ada playable in 1.5 like she was in the re2 we have now , I also Think I saw a screenshot of marvin being a playable character if anyone can find it ?

Linda (as Ada was known in 1.5) and all the other supporting characters were unplayable as far as we know about 1.5, it wasn't until final RE2 that the feature from the first game was implemented for both supporting characters.

Originally posted by chrisliam2 View Post
        The crossbow was not in 1.5, so again as far as we know, shotguns were used by both characters.

Comment

• Sherry and Marvin are playable for a short bit during the factory area of the game. There are pictures confirming this.
          The M870 and the SPAS-12 shotguns can be used by both Leon and Elza.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

• Elza using the shotgun....shes a REAL woman...mmmhmmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
              Ventilation shafts. There are two of them. The one in the back has a crate in front of it.

As for your scenario, IIRC the source of the bioflames exclusive pictures confirmed that the main route for Elza is the roof access while Leon's is the garage access. Both manholes should lead to the same starting sewer passage (there are three ladders in the room), so taking the other manhole is probably an optional side quest. I'm inclined to believe the meeting with Sherry took place immediately after the talk between Elza and John. Although, the only one who can actually confirm this is probably Inflames, since he should have the pics in the order they were taken while the game was being played.
              Ventilation shafts? Interesting, thanks! Well, what we know from the translations is that Elza already knew about Sherry before heading down the ladders, and John isn't present with Elza when she talks to Sherry, unlike the shots with Leon in the same area who has both Marvin and Linda with him. Unless they see Sherry run off and she climbs down the ladders, I'd imagine Elza had already met Sherry or at least seen Sherry in the sewers before that scene John, as she tells him "there's sill a girl inside" "[we] gotta go back."

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                Elza using the shotgun....shes a REAL woman...mmmhmmm...
                For some reason, Claire is the ONLY GIRL IN THE WHOLE SERIES who can't use it.
                Even Yoko and Cindy can do it.

Comment

• Yes she can. If Chris left it in the item box, then she can use it before meeting Steve monster. Or even better : just play CV on Very Easy, lots of weapons are in the item box right from the start, including the shotgun. :p

Comment

• Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    Yes she can. If Chris left it in the item box, then she can use it before meeting Steve monster. Or even better : just play CV on Very Easy, lots of weapons are in the item box right from the start, including the shotgun. :p
                    Tis' true. Which raises an interesting question; Is she less of a badass because she rarely uses the super-effective shotgun in zombie outbreak situations... or all the more badass because of it?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Honestly I think the developers were just trying something different with the weapons, so that both characters didn't end up too similar. The crossbow, in all it's iterations, sucks major balls, unfortunately. But the grenade launcher > shotgun, IMO.

Which raises another point; Police actually DO use a type of crossbow to send messages in a hostage situation, however, the crossbow in RE2 is a "hunting" type crossbow? Did anyone else go "huh?" when they read the item description?

Comment

• I'd imagine Elza had already met Sherry or at least seen Sherry in the sewers before that scene John, as she tells him "there's sill a girl inside" "[we] gotta go back."
                        I'm inclined to believe "inside" is referring to the RPD building they were in just a few minutes ago. There wouldn't be a need to "go back" if they thought Sherry was already in the sewers. I don't know why John isn't in the shot, but it's either he has split-up with Elza beforehand (possibly to go back for Sherry or explore the sewers), or he's really just off-screen.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

• Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                          Honestly I think the developers were just trying something different with the weapons, so that both characters didn't end up too similar. The crossbow, in all it's iterations, sucks major balls, unfortunately. But the grenade launcher > shotgun, IMO.

Which raises another point; Police actually DO use a type of crossbow to send messages in a hostage situation, however, the crossbow in RE2 is a "hunting" type crossbow? Did anyone else go "huh?" when they read the item description?
                          no-no-no! crossbow in RE2 does not sux! you can nail some crows in the wall and the arrow go straight and suddenly goes down to hit the lickers. and there is plenty of ammo around, it come with 36 rounds *.*... good for the zombies, and the hit sound it makes "BLOOT!" hehe

Comment

• Lickers are probably the only "real" threat in RE2, and even then ... not by much. But the crossbow is pretty terrible against them, especially if one or two bolts miss. Grenade or acid rounds are much more effective. And there's plenty of grenade rounds to take care of the zombies, too. And grenade rounds work better as a crowd control. In that same though, I don't think I have ever, in my entire time playing the series, ever wasted one round on a crow. Overall, the crossbow just isn't particularly useful. They could've given Claire more variety of rounds for the grenade launcher (freeze? another variety, maybe?), and I would've been just as happy.
                            Last edited by doriantoki; 09-25-2012, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AsteroidBlues View Post
                              Tis' true. Which raises an interesting question; Is she less of a badass because she rarely uses the super-effective shotgun in zombie outbreak situations... or all the more badass because of it?
                              More, of course. She started the crossbow thing in the series in RE2 then RECV, no one except Ada in Separate Ways and RE6 dared to use it since. Bows and crossbows are great in a zombie outbreak : silent, deadly, and you can even take your ammo back from the corpses if you're willing to get your hands dirty.

doriantoki : In RE2, the crossbow one-shot kills zombies most of the time, it's super effective. In CV it's way weaker though, but it has rapid fire and the powerful explosive arrows make up for it. Then in RE4 it's just insanely powerful, almost as much as a grenade.

Comment

• Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                                Sherry and Marvin are playable for a short bit during the factory area of the game. There are pictures confirming this.
                                I'm not sure if I've seen those pictures before, can anyone post them up?...

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                                The crossbow, in all it's iterations, sucks major balls, unfortunately.
                                The crossbow in CODE: Veronica when the explosive powder is added; semi-auto stopping power.

Originally posted by doriantoki View Post
                                But the grenade launcher > shotgun, IMO.
                                Not really fair to compare the shotgun with the grenade launcher. The grenade launcher should be compared with the magnum (desert eagle) really.
                                Last edited by Vixtro; 09-25-2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X